I've wondered since the first day I used my Priv why BlackBerry didn't create a left side tab for opening the Hub. I rarely use the productivity tab, mainly because I am in the Hub constantly but they really could have brought some BB10 OS feel to the phone with a left side tab. Seems like it would be exceptionally easy to do as well.

Any thoughts on this?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-22-16 06:35 PM
    I've wondered since the first day I used my Priv why BlackBerry didn't create a left side tab for opening the Hub. I rarely use the productivity tab, mainly because I am in the Hub constantly but they really could have brought some BB10 OS feel to the phone with a left side tab. Seems like it would be exceptionally easy to do as well.

Any thoughts on this?

Check out "All in one gestures" on the Playstore.

04-22-16 06:38 PM
    You can change it to the left if you wish.
    04-22-16 06:40 PM
    Check out "All in one gestures" on the Playstore.

Hmm, it's OK but weird that it takes so long for the Hub to open after a swipe. It first says BlackBerry Hub at the bottom of the screen an then Hub just sort of eventually opens. A swipe up on the right side of the screen opens Hub instantly.

If they had mad a tab dedicated to the Hub, you could even peak like with the Productivity Tab and of course like BB10 OS.

04-22-16 06:48 PM
    I think the OP meant it could have TWO tabs, not just move it from one side to the other. I also would like more control on what's in the tab.
    04-22-16 08:29 PM
    Try skipping the tab all together.
    And press hold the home button.
    Option to choose hub appears, which take you right to hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 08:32 PM
    Hmm, it's OK but weird that it takes so long for the Hub to open after a swipe. It first says BlackBerry Hub at the bottom of the screen an then Hub just sort of eventually opens. A swipe up on the right side of the screen opens Hub instantly.

If they had mad a tab dedicated to the Hub, you could even peak like with the Productivity Tab and of course like BB10 OS.

Well yeah it just launches the app.
    I have Hub opening with swipe from left and "Back" action when swiping from right.
    Does both no matter what screen or app you're in.

04-22-16 08:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Don't even have to hold. Just swiping from one of the three home row virtual buttons will bring you to the hub (depending on direction swiped) without even having to pay all that much attention.

That said, I don't understand why BlackBerry didn't integrate the hub into the launcher as a page left of the home screen, a la Samsung and Flipboard.
    04-22-16 08:37 PM
    Yeah I usually swipe straight up from the square button, never fails.

04-22-16 09:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    You don't even have to press and hold then select Hub . . . just try swiping up on the right side of the bottom of the screen! You'll be pleasantly surprised

04-22-16 09:55 PM
    You don't even have to press and hold then select Hub . . . just try swiping up on the right side of the bottom of the screen! You'll be pleasantly surprised

This is how I currently open the Hub. It works really well but I was thinking that with a Hub side tab, the peek feature could be brought back. That is one of the features I miss the most from BB10.

I'm not complaining, just putting it out there.

BTW, turning on Developer mode and reducing or eliminating the animation times makes the Hub super responsive with the right side swipe up.

04-23-16 02:54 PM