I am a huge fan of blackberry and i am currently using blackberry priv.
    1st problem is about a month ago. i plugged my earphones to my phone and its media volume was stucked at 46% i could neither turn it up nor turn it down. Until i dont plug my earphones off and restart the device.
    2ndly yesterday i saw that my volume down button was not responding at all. And when i restarted my device.it was stuck on boot menu where i couldnt even control it using volume buttons and neither i could use lock button. So since them i am using my blackberry priv on safe mode.
    Its getting really frustrating coz i cant use any of my social media apps. Kindly help ASAP
    Peace.
    08-10-17 08:17 AM
    Sounds like a hardware issue...

Warranty? If not you'll need to look at fixing it yourself or having someone do it for you.

Can watch a tear-down video on youtube to get an idea of how to do it.
    08-10-17 08:35 AM
    1st problem is about a month ago. i plugged my earphones to my phone and its media volume was stucked at 46% i could neither turn it up nor turn it down. Until i dont plug my earphones off and restart the device.
    2ndly yesterday i saw that my volume down button was not responding at all. And when i restarted my device.it was stuck on boot menu where i couldnt even control it using volume buttons and neither i could use lock button. So since them i am using my blackberry priv on safe mode.
    Its getting really frustrating coz i cant use any of my social media apps. Kindly help ASAP
    Peace.
    Do you have a case on it that might be pressing or pinching buttons?

While in Safe Mode see if you can run Blackberry Virtual Expert and run the various tests.

Good luck.
    08-10-17 01:43 PM
    No i dont have any case on it however m goin to run those tests right now
    08-10-17 02:02 PM
    Yes sounds like your button is being pushed down physically by something. Did the case kind of come lose and you perhaps pushed it back on? That or a defective button.
    08-10-17 02:05 PM
    I had a similar situation happen after an accident with mine that required me to remove the case back. After reassembly my phone would go into a reboot loop. Turns out my power button base was being pressed by the edge of the cutout for the button. I had not gotten all of the case clips properly snapped down. Once corrected no more issues. Your mileage may vary.
    08-10-17 03:47 PM
    Nothing such has happened.i'm using my fone since two days on safe mode. Another guy has posted the same issue by the title “ boot loader menu and down volume button issue" please atleast once check that post and the first reply to that post is that a quick google search shows that he's not the only one to have this issue. And both of us had the same issue in a single day. Please i'm sorry to bother you guys but i dont want my phone to be repaired by a general phone mechanic as i am from pakistan and here is no official blackberry outlet.
    Will be thankful to you
    08-11-17 09:41 AM
    I downloaded bb virtual expert but could not tap the icon as i am in safe mode and no icon was created.
    08-11-17 09:44 AM
    I just dont want to tear it down before completely being sure that it is for sure a hardware issue
    08-11-17 09:49 AM
    I downloaded bb virtual expert but could not tap the icon as i am in safe mode and no icon was created.
    I am not sure of what Safe Mode allows. But did you press the App Drawer button (the white one with the six Dots in the center.) and see if BB Virtual Expert is inside the app drawer?

Good luck.

Well, how is it running in Safe Mode?
    08-11-17 11:20 AM
    Running approximately normally but aintshowing any third party app.only the default apps are being showed.facebook, instagram are not accessible as i didnt created shortcut in desktop...
    08-11-17 11:54 AM
    Peace.
    03-26-18 10:29 AM
    Hi, I have the same problem, I could start it in safe mode by pressing Vol + UP + PWR and I could verify that it is a hardware failure for which the Vol-Down & Mute buttons do not work.
    How have you solved your problem?
    03-26-18 10:33 AM