I wish you a lot of luck in following through. I have a feeling the repair cost won't be cheap. But it is nice that they returned the initial fee.
    I am sure it won't be cheap, but we'll see what they say. I was actually suprised they are refunding the fee, and am quite happy with the service. Just sucks it's not warranty, but that's what I get for buying from ebay. Oh well, if it's too expensive to fix, I can always either try it myself, go back to my Z30 or buy a cheap device. I'll let you know what the repair quote is. It may help the next person that is having this problem.
    Wezard likes this.
    04-19-17 09:48 AM
    So! It is defective hardware, however, since I didn't purchase the device from BlackBerry, I am out of luck. They will repair it, for a fee, but they don't know how much the fee is... They are refunding the $35 USD technical support fee though since I already did everything they were going to tell me to do for troubleshooting. I am waiting for a call back from the service department about repair fees. Apparently the seller purchased all these unlocked devices in 2015, so the actual warranty period through BlackBerry was up in September 2016, even though I purchased it in August 2016. (Which is what I expected to happen anyway, no warranty, but worth a try)
    My phone crushed while writing this. So a number of devices are affected by this, and they want us to pay for repair? I bought my Priv in December 2017, and it is happening now it happens now with yours, that can't be a coincidence.
    tashia21 likes this.
    04-19-17 10:57 AM
    So! It is defective hardware, however, since I didn't purchase the device from BlackBerry, I am out of luck. They will repair it, for a fee, but they don't know how much the fee is... They are refunding the $35 USD technical support fee though since I already did everything they were going to tell me to do for troubleshooting. I am waiting for a call back from the service department about repair fees. Apparently the seller purchased all these unlocked devices in 2015, so the actual warranty period through BlackBerry was up in September 2016, even though I purchased it in August 2016. (Which is what I expected to happen anyway, no warranty, but worth a try)
    Device crashed twice while trying to post this. So a number of devices is effected by this and they want us to pay for repair, it is the same problem in the same time, don't think it is a coincidence. i bought my device in December 2017 in UK so I really think it something with the device as a general product.
    04-19-17 11:05 AM
    Device crushed tree times before posting this. So a number of devices is having this problem since about two weeks, and they want us to pay for repair?
    04-19-17 11:17 AM
    Phone crushed four times before posting this. So a number of phones have the same problem since about two weeks ago and they want us to pay for repairs?
    04-19-17 11:23 AM
    They expected the reloading of the operating system to fix the problem, and when it doesn't, they think it is a hardware problem. I am with you, I honestly think this is a OS issue, it didn't start until the last update. If I could load the software from a few months ago and test it, I would know for sure, but I can't seem to be able to do that. On top of that the setup again and again and again is a pain in the ***...
    04-19-17 11:44 AM
    Phone crushed four times before posting this. So a number of phones have the same problem since about two weeks ago and they want us to pay for repairs?
    Did you reload the software and NOT restore from a back up? Mine isn't crashing near as much as it was since the last autoload, just once a day or so now compared to 3-5 times per hour
    04-19-17 11:45 AM
    Did you reload the software and NOT restore from a back up? Mine isn't crashing near as much as it was since the last autoload, just once a day or so now compared to 3-5 times per hour
    Still way too many crashes. It shouldn't crash at all. Hope you get this all worked out. It might be advantageous to just buy a new one as opposed to repairing since New Privs are going cheap on Ebay and other resellers.
    04-19-17 11:49 AM
    I am on hold with them now.... I bought this one on Ebay, which is part of the problem, there is no warranty. And to top it off, I was just informed for them to fix the phone the fee is $320 CAD plus tax!! OR you can buy a new one direct from BlackBerry for $399 CAD right now..... Looks like I am going to either suffer through the crashes or switch devices. I might look to see if I can find an autoloader for the old OS.
    04-19-17 12:00 PM
    So far I reboot it 32 seconds version and turn it on safe mode but didn't help. i though that reloading system will help but as you say it doesn't. i was thinking about going to my seller but now I doubt it will help. I will look for older wersion of OS to load and try that.
    04-19-17 01:54 PM
    Sorry for repeating one post so many times didn't see them earlier as the phone was crushing and just seen all of them.
    FF22 and tashia21 like this.
    04-19-17 01:57 PM
    So far I reboot it 32 seconds version and turn it on safe mode but didn't help. i though that reloading system will help but as you say it doesn't. i was thinking about going to my seller but now I doubt it will help. I will look for older wersion of OS to load and try that.
    if it is warranty, let them deal with it, less stress for you
    04-19-17 03:22 PM
    if it is warranty, let them deal with it, less stress for you
    No it's not
    04-19-17 05:15 PM
    No it's not
    That sucks! I have been a loyal BlackBerry user and promote the devices, and I admit I was quite skeptical of a BlackBerry with an android OS, but when nothing supports the BlackBerry OS anymore, I jumped onto the bandwagon. I can't say I have ever loved my PRIV, I liked it, but the battery life is horrendous, I have actually had viruses that burned through 4gb of data in very short period of time (those stupid pop ups that just keep going and going and the device wouldn't turn off!!) And then there's the Google everything, I am just starting to get used to all the google app stuff. It's no true BlackBerry, that's for sure.
    04-19-17 06:53 PM
    Sorry for repeating one post so many times didn't see them earlier as the phone was crushing and just seen all of them.
    Thats cool, I just wanna know how you managed to buy your Priv in Dec 2017. Thats 7 months in the future
    04-19-17 07:07 PM
    Thats cool, I just wanna know how you managed to buy your Priv in Dec 2017. Thats 7 months in the future
    December 2015
    Wezard likes this.
    04-20-17 01:54 AM
    I have actually had viruses that burned through 4gb of data in very short period of time (those stupid pop ups that just keep going and going and the device wouldn't turn off!!)
    I'm sorry - what??
    04-20-17 06:55 AM
    What were you expecting when you bought this ****ty phone? Want to use Android, get a real Android.
    04-20-17 07:04 AM
    What were you expecting when you bought this ****ty phone? Want to use Android, get a real Android.
    I want a BlackBerry expensive lesson learned!
    04-20-17 08:04 AM
    Sorry you are having issues, tashia21. However realize that the majority of Priv owners are not having your experiences.

Have you checked your Sim card to make sure it is not corrupted. Just a shot in the dark.
    04-20-17 08:25 AM
    Sorry you are having issues, tashia21. However realize that the majority of Priv owners are not having your experiences.

Have you checked your Sim card to make sure it is not corrupted. Just a shot in the dark.
    I do realize that most people aren't having an issue, however, there seems to be quite a few that are having the same issue in the same time frame as myself and Faxin. I hope it is a software issue, just grasping at a smidgen of hope.

How would I check my SIM? I read on another forum that the person's issue was their SD card, so I did wipe that, but it didn't change anything other than I lost everything on the SD.

I just got a software update notification after it crashed twice, so i downloaded that and will see how it goes. If not, I am switching back to the Z30 until I figure out what I want to do.
    04-20-17 03:30 PM
    Go to your carrier and swap out the sim. If it is a bad sim, most carriers will replace it for free. And if your SD card is bad, better to get a new one rather than wipe your existing one. Wiping the SD card won't fix the issue.
    04-20-17 03:33 PM
    Tashia21 did you get April path or not yet, it came out today maybe that will help. I don't have it yet, will give you update asap.
    04-21-17 07:12 AM
    Just got the update, let us hope it will fix the issue.
    tashia21 likes this.
    04-21-17 02:14 PM
    Tashia21 did you get April path or not yet, it came out today maybe that will help. I don't have it yet, will give you update asap.
    I got it last night, so far no crash, but battery is draining fast while sitting on the counter
    04-21-17 02:28 PM
100 1234