I've had my Priv since early June 2016. From day one the phone has crashed on me several times a day. Sometimes it just reboots, other times most of the apps won't work on it such as the camera won't open, you can't connect a phone call, incoming or outgoing and the sound won't work. The sometimes the battery will quickly drain down to the point where the phone shuts off. I'm talking 45% in 5 minutes. When BlackBerry support existed (Bell claimed it was an issue with BlackBerry's attempt to develop Android Software) they told me to run the phone in safe mode for 24 hours. if the phone didn't crash than it must be an app causing the problems. I did run it in safe mode and 24 hours later when the agent called back I reported that the phone didn't crash once during that time. He said that I should back up my phone and wipe it. I agreed but didn't actually attempt it until a month ago. It didn't work. My phone is crashing as much as ever. I've run virus and malware scans, deleted any apps I don't use but with no success. The battery drain issue didn't even appear until after I wiped the phone. Bell won't help me unless they see the phone crashed which is difficult. I use my phone for business so I can't leave it in a condition where it won't function. Then if I did they would reboot the phone and claim it's fixed.
    Please help me! I am getting really frustrated with this. Thank you
    04-02-17 07:47 AM
    Same issue since the last update, tremendous battery drain, apps crashing, writing on keyboard basically results in overheating and lag that often takes up to half a minute.
    Resetting did not help either..
    Help would be appreciated as well, thank you!
    04-02-17 08:34 AM
    04-02-17 08:39 AM
    If it's any consolation, today my priv crashed out during startup. So bad I thought it was broken.

First of all, my phone turned off at 2% battery. I charged it to 20%, then turned it back on. I got to the part where I put my pin in. Then got a black screen and at the top it was saying sim missing. No apps would load. Nothing. So I turn it off.

Started it back up and it wouldn't get past the bit where it shows the android back, home and Square buttons.

So I turned it off again. 3rd time lucky. It worked on the 3rd go.

Mine has been fine up until now but I'm getting worried.
    04-02-17 08:54 AM
    I've had my Priv since early June 2016. From day one the phone has crashed on me several times a day.
    they told me to run the phone in safe mode for 24 hours. if the phone didn't crash than it must be an app causing the problems. I did run it in safe mode and 24 hours later when the agent called back I reported that the phone didn't crash once during that time.
    If it ran okay in Safe Mode than some app you added or a bad install of a BB/Basic app is affecting it adversely.

I would try Safe Mode again (yes, a pain) to see. Also, Main Settings, Battery and see what is chomping on your battery.

But any what might be considered NON-mainstream apps you've installed? Do you use Facebook which has from time to time caused battery issues although I think it may be okay now (I don't use facebook). How many email accounts and how often do they sync?

Oh, SLAP the phone firmly against your other hand - just to see if maybe there's a loose connection that could trigger the crashes. It could be hardware.

And, as suggested, an Autoloader to reload the OS or a Factory Reset from the Security Setting.

Good luck.
    Wezard likes this.
    04-02-17 10:18 AM
    My Priv has never crashed on me until the update last week.

It now crashes 5-7 times a day.

Not happy.
    04-03-17 03:07 PM
    My Priv has never crashed on me until the update last week.

It now crashes 5-7 times a day.

Not happy.
    Have you run an autoloader as I suggested?
    04-03-17 03:20 PM
    Have you run an autoloader as I suggested?
    i will try it tonight whewn i get home Conite.

thanks for posting the link
    04-03-17 03:30 PM
    Just a thought, what about a 32 second re-boot. Time it.

So hold down the power button for 32 seconds, it's the equivalent of a battery pull (so I'm told)
    04-03-17 05:18 PM
    Have you also run the BBVE and DTEK tests?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 09:39 PM
    well I did a full wipe tonight because I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't even do a full back up of my data because the phone kept crashing. Within 20 minutes of reloading my apps it crashed. Every app I have is from google play. I have an anti virus program. I am ready to throw this phone through a wall.
    04-08-17 09:14 PM
    well I did a full wipe tonight because I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't even do a full back up of my data because the phone kept crashing. Within 20 minutes of reloading my apps it crashed. Every app I have is from google play. I have an anti virus program. I am ready to throw this phone through a wall.
    While the apps are "official" that does not mean that they cannot cause a problem although it does not generally happen. What anti-virus and why?

You might want to RELOAD again but don't load anything on it for a half day or more and see how it reacts.

You could also try Safe Mode

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    04-08-17 09:34 PM
    Thank you, I will attempt safe mode for awhile and see what happens. The antivirus was mcaphee (however you spell it) only because that's what they service advisor at Bell (my carrier) suggested. I just can't imagine what app would be causing the issue. I don't have very many on there that were not already there when I first turned the phone on. About 67 apps total but maybe 10 third party apps. Thanks for the advise and I'll let you know how I make out with the safe mode.
    04-08-17 09:42 PM
    okay so I was just on my way to bed with the phone in safe mode and it crashed. When it rebooted it was no longer in safe mode. it frustrates me that BlackBerry no longer offers support and Bell doesn't care to help me either.
    04-08-17 10:07 PM
    okay so I was just on my way to bed with the phone in safe mode and it crashed. When it rebooted it was no longer in safe mode. it frustrates me that BlackBerry no longer offers support and Bell doesn't care to help me either.
    Is the phone less than a year old? If so, there's still a warranty (I don't know Canada's rules). Supposedly, you can still call the number and enter your imei number and get support - I THINK!!!

Or contact

[email protected]

Tell, them you tried safe mode and the results.

Good luck.
    04-08-17 10:38 PM
    Go to your Google account, set it to not reload any apps automatically. Then run the autoloader. If it works that way, then you have a rouge app.
    Put one app back on, run it for a day, if no problems, keep adding apps back, one per day till you find the culprit.
    Also note, you mentioned antivirus, generally a bad idea for Android, do not reload any of them. Even if they came from Google Play.

The above of course is assuming you don't have an actual hardware problem, but if it ran OK in safe mode, it prob doesn't.
    04-09-17 01:02 PM
    Go to your Google account, set it to not reload any apps automatically. Then run the autoloader. If it works that way, then you have a rouge app.
    Put one app back on, run it for a day, if no problems, keep adding apps back, one per day till you find the culprit.
    Also note, you mentioned antivirus, generally a bad idea for Android, do not reload any of them. Even if they came from Google Play.

The above of course is assuming you don't have an actual hardware problem, but if it ran OK in safe mode, it prob doesn't.
    I am also having this problem with an unlocked AT&T Priv since the last update. My battery is showing anywhere between 95% and 38% and it crashes. When I finally get it to turn back on it says the batter is dead. I read through about 100 forums, one said to do a hard reset (hold the power button for 32 seconds) then charge to 100%. I've done this 3 times now. I read this forum, did the autoloader without restoring any app4 or backup data, just started from fresh, and within an hour it crashed again. It has since crashed 3 times today. Any advice you can give me that doesn't involve a hammer?

Thanks!
    04-12-17 09:02 PM
    I am also having this problem with an unlocked AT&T Priv since the last update. My battery is showing anywhere between 95% and 38% and it crashes. When I finally get it to turn back on it says the batter is dead. I read through about 100 forums, one said to do a hard reset (hold the power button for 32 seconds) then charge to 100%. I've done this 3 times now. I read this forum, did the autoloader without restoring any app4 or backup data, just started from fresh, and within an hour it crashed again. It has since crashed 3 times today. Any advice you can give me that doesn't involve a hammer?

Thanks!

You may have a hardware problem. Are you still covered by warranty?

You can also try

[email protected]
    04-12-17 09:45 PM
    No warranty, and blackberry support says to contact my carrier. I purchased the phone through ebay as unlocked AT&T device. It still had the seal when I opened it. My carrier is Bell and I'm sorry, but they are useless with BlackBerry phones.
    04-13-17 04:58 AM
    Your carrier, (any carrier) isn't going to be much help with a third party device, (any device). Most manufactures of tech devices are touchy about warranty, and sometimes repairs on Grey market items, and an AT&T phone purchased from whomever on eBay is definitely Grey market. BlackBerry is a bit iffy now days even on devices bought directly from them.
    Given your description, it might be worth replacing the battery. They are pretty cheap now, even if you have pay a phone shop to install it.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=190Q-ALA

Don't remember if you said how long you have had it. You could try the eBay vendor for replace/refund - good luck with that.
    Or you could keep bugging BB, but given the 3rd party, Grey market, AT&T device status, I don't hold out much hope there.
    04-13-17 08:40 AM
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA4X04G16265

Apparently the link function isn't working properly, copy and paste the above. It's less than $20 US.

Odd - if I leave out the http//, then it comes up as a proper link.
    04-13-17 08:44 AM
    I bought it in August 2016. I checked them too, says 30 day money back guarantee I wonder what would happen if I autoloaded the software from BlackBerry that says for this device but not from AT&T?
    04-13-17 08:58 AM
    Why is my priv crashing several times a day?-screenshot_20170413-105516.jpg
    This is 2 of the crashes from yesterday after I did the autoloader with the proper AT&T file. The first one it was in the middle of an email, the second I was sleeping and the phone was on the charger on the nightstand...
    04-13-17 09:03 AM
    I don't know what's the issue, but decided to go back to my priv which is relatively new in preparation for the keyone.

The lag on the OS, is unbearable. apps keep crashing, major overheating, multi_tasking is just not happening, have to wait literally four or five seconds, and hanging. I have done everything, still facing the same issues, will probably drop it before the keyone gets here.
    04-13-17 09:40 AM
    I don't know what's the issue, but decided to go back to my priv which is relatively new in preparation for the keyone.

The lag on the OS, is unbearable. apps keep crashing, major overheating, multi_tasking is just not happening, have to wait literally four or five seconds, and hanging. I have done everything, still facing the same issues, will probably drop it before the keyone gets here.
    Shhh...some on here believe the Priv is perfect and has no problems! How dare you say otherwise!
    sidtek50 and foos like this.
    04-13-17 09:56 AM
100 123 ...