Is anyone in San Jose California with BlackBerry Priv with AT&T service having problem with weak LTE signal? I get full LTE signal at work because AT&T installed
    service in the building, but on the road sometime I get LTE 2 or 3 bars and some places I get LTE signal 3 - 5 bars. At home I get 0 - 2 or 3, but it seems cannot lock in the LTE signal. I called AT&T they said their LTE service is good in my area. I thought the device is defective, but my son BlackBerry Priv has the same problem at home, so I don't think the device problem. Maybe I just live in the bad area with weak LTE signal. My BlackBerry Z30 I get full bar of 4G at home. Anyone?
    11-25-15 11:46 AM
    Can't speak for San Jose or ATT, but I find my Priv often showing low reception on 4G... Very rarely do I get more than 2 or 3 bars in areas where I should be getting full bars.

That said, I believe it's an issue with the way the Priv calculates/displays signal strength, because I get service in places my Q10 did not, and also because I've used data, received and made calls when the thing shows 0 bars - without it showing that it's switching to 3G.

It's strange.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-25-15 11:55 AM
    Is anyone in San Jose California with BlackBerry Priv with AT&T service having problem with weak LTE signal? I get full LTE signal at work because AT&T installed
    service in the building, but on the road sometime I get LTE 2 or 3 bars and some places I get LTE signal 3 - 5 bars. At home I get 0 - 2 or 3, but it seems cannot lock in the LTE signal. I called AT&T they said their LTE service is good in my area. I thought the device is defective, but my son BlackBerry Priv has the same problem at home, so I don't think the device problem. Maybe I just live in the bad area with weak LTE signal. My BlackBerry Z30 I get full bar of 4G at home. Anyone?
    How is the call quality and the data speed?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 01:19 PM
    The call quality is clear and data speed is very slow when 1 bar shows, but fast when 3 bars shows. At work I get full LTE 5 bars and data is very fast.

How is the call quality and the data speed?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 01:46 PM
    I'm in Saint Louis. Weak signal. Hope it gets resolved via update.

11-25-15 05:08 PM
    Looking at Priv signal in dbm it's 10 to 15 weaker than my q5.

Not good and I don't see how a software update will help
    11-25-15 05:19 PM
    The signal strength indicator shows less than my Q10 usually did but I'm getting 4G LTE all the time here in Denver. It seems like it's only a difference of the indicator and how it indicates signal strength. My service has been consistent in comparison to my Q10. Data speed is fine and call quality is as well.

It doesn't seem to have any effect with service despite showing 1-2 bars less of signal strength.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    11-25-15 05:40 PM
    The displays are misleading.

I have clocked over 1500 road miles with both my Priv and passport and the Priv beats the passport for signal in EVERY case.

Same network, I bought a second account to test with. The comparison isn't even close.

11-25-15 06:33 PM
    Same happened to me, the Classic and my iPhone 6 plus have better reception than the priv at home, but when I go out the Priv is full bars almost everywhere
    11-25-15 06:40 PM
    This is definitely worrying me - I have very weak 4G reception at home with my 6S Plus - if the Priv offers less than that, I'll be back in the Stone Age (EDGE). I need 4G at home - we have WiFi, but it's close to impossible to cover every single corner of the house.
    11-25-15 11:16 PM
    I'm in south San Jose and get excellent LTE. The other day I ran a speed test and clocked DL speed at 45MB and upload speed at 11MB.

11-26-15 12:02 AM
    These are the speeds that I'm getting with Priv showing a not great signal.

Bars are lower than what Passport always showed but I think the actual connection is the same or close.

Attached Thumbnails Why is my Priv 4G LTE signal weak with AT&T in San Jose California USA?-14488.jpg  
    11-26-15 03:59 AM
    Yes South San Jose has very good LTE signal. I get good lte signal at least 2 - 4 bars anywhere else but at home I get 0-3 bars. Most of the time at home I 0 - 2 bars. My Z30 I get full 4G at home.
    11-28-15 01:55 PM
    I have been having problems with signal strength with my AT&T Priv in NYC. I don't get more than 2 bars and is always down to 1 bar and 2 in the same area where my unlocked Z30 had great reception
    I called carrier they suggested for me to restart and check some settings and they were all fine, so called Blackberry and they suggested to have carrier reset provisions and change Sim card so I did and back to the same problem so I switch to a new Priv same store same carrier and I have the same problem I have to say though BlackBerry rep has been constantly calling me to see if problem has bee resolved. I am waiting for AT&T Network technicians to see if they can solve it, I hate to think the device has a bad antenna or defective devices have been rolling out. Anyone with same issue that has been resolved?

12-03-15 02:45 PM
    I have exactly the same problem and have done the same things, except contact BlackBerry. I am often in Times Square and the signal drops to nothing. Even had several dropped calls. No signal in my office near Times Square either.

New phone, sim and settings post fiddling with no change. Waiting to see if At&t/BB comes out with a fix. Incidentally, I have great signal going through the Lincoln tunnel. Go figure...
    12-10-15 10:39 AM
    The phone just doesn't have good LTE coverage. I got mine today (European version) - I have no LTE reception at all where I live, whereas my Nexus 6P gets 4 bars consistently.
    12-10-15 01:36 PM