When BB is connected to charger it flashes the battery charging symbol for a few seconds together with a vibration sound but immediately goes back to black screen and starts the process all over again. This has been going on for a few hours and the battery is completely drained. I am using proper BB charger. Any ideas on how I can get it to charge?
    01-26-19 01:15 AM
    When BB is connected to charger it flashes the battery charging symbol for a few seconds together with a vibration sound but immediately goes back to black screen and starts the process all over again. This has been going on for a few hours and the battery is completely drained. I am using proper BB charger. Any ideas on how I can get it to charge?
    Have you tried using a different charger ?

The charger that comes with the Priv kicks out 1.3 A however the phone is capable of taking a bigger charge. It maybe that your current charger is no longer providing sufficient amperage and that's why the device won't charge.

Best try a different charger that you know works first
    Last edited by Amaroni; 01-26-19 at 05:48 AM.
    01-26-19 05:34 AM
    In my case, after trying a half dozen chargers and wires, I sent her to a Priv surgeon who found the microUSB fried and took the connector block above it on the motherboard with it. I found a used motherboard on eBay and rushed it to the OR and when I got it back the repair lasted less than a fortnight. I now use it rarely and happily it has QI so I top it off that way. I take it traveling as a backup; for that purpose, I have a powerbank that charges QI and recharges via Qí as well also doing both via microUSB and USB-c which I bought here:

Wireless Charger Power Bank, YGIVO 10000Mah 3 in 1 Qi Power Bank and Qi Wireless Portable Charger for iPhone x/8/8 Plus,Samsung Galaxy S6/7/8 and More (Black)
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076D7L6VC...UvbUpU13339905
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 01-26-19 at 06:33 AM.
    01-26-19 06:18 AM
    LookWhy is my BlackBerry Priv not charging?-screenshot_20190126-062026.jpeg
    01-26-19 06:33 AM
    LookeeWhy is my BlackBerry Priv not charging?-screenshot_20190126-063648.jpeg
    01-26-19 06:39 AM
    Get rid of the PRIV. It's time to move on. I tried to love that phone when I had it but it just has too many issues. Come to the keyone family you won't be disappointed
    01-27-19 07:44 AM
    Get rid of the PRIV. It's time to move on. I tried to love that phone when I had it but it just has too many issues. Come to the keyone family you won't be disappointed
    I second this.

I extensively tweaked all of my 5 Priv's when I had them, in order to maximize battery life and came to the conclusion that no matter what I did, this device will not be a reliable compagnon to last me an entire busy day.

And don't get me started on Google Maps and navigation...
    02-01-19 04:55 PM