Last night I was online with my Priv charging next to me (if it makes a difference I was also using the tethering function to connect to my laptop), when the screen suddenly flickered bright, then off again. When I checked I found the screen looked washed out, and was flickering loads. Since then I've found it looks normal if I turn the brightness up to full, but it still flickers. I've done the usual of turning adaptive brightness off (actually any screen setting that can be turned off now is). But it's still flickering. This morning sometimes low brightness looks fine, but other times it's back to being washed out.

Online some people say they can see a green tint, only once have I seen a it look like that, the rest of the time it's just looks more faded.

I've never had this problem before. My phone is almost exactly 1 year old (started using on May 21st last year). It had battery drain issues in the past but they've always been fixed by finding the app that needed updating. Sometimes the tap to wake has been unresponsive, and also the adaptive brightness has always taken a while to kick in properly.

Overall to me it feels like when a fluorescent bulb is dying, the downside being I doubt this problem is as easy to fix as changing a bulb!

Any advice on software vs hardware would be appreciated!
    Kind regards
    06-02-18 10:31 PM
    My priv screen turned green for the bottom third of the screen, rebooting would sometimes help, other times I just had to deal with it. then after a few weeks it just went away as mysteriously as it appeared. now it's fine and it's been a few months already......
    06-03-18 12:33 AM
    The bottom-green-screen flicker will continue to get worse (if your PRIV behaves as my first one has). The flickering started as intermittent, but over a 3 month period the frequency and duration of the flicker continued to increase. Eventually, the flicker turned to a solid green shade that inhibited regular use of the touchscreen keyboard. Eventually ordered a new PRIV and held the old one as an emergency backup.
    06-04-18 07:52 AM
    The bottom-green-screen flicker will continue to get worse (if your PRIV behaves as my first one has). The flickering started as intermittent, but over a 3 month period the frequency and duration of the flicker continued to increase. Eventually, the flicker turned to a solid green shade that inhibited regular use of the touchscreen keyboard. Eventually ordered a new PRIV and held the old one as an emergency backup.
    Factory reset doesn't solve it? So it's a hardware issue then
    06-04-18 09:02 AM
    Two factory resets performed on the device since the issue first arose. Made no difference. IMHO, it is 100% hardware related; the area of the flicker/green shading perfectly equates to the area of the on-screen KBD. If it were software related, it would be more predictable and not likely as intermittent as it is/was.
    06-04-18 09:11 AM
    I wish I had seen this post earlier. This is 100% a software issue not hardware. BlackBerry will tell you otherwise and try to rip you off. They quoted $200 for a new screen when I called them. Anyway, around the time it was announced that no more updates would be offered for the Priv, (mid 2017) I found it a strange 'coincidence' that my screen began to flicker and soon after turned the bottom three quarters of my screen a see through green. The price BlackBerry quoted cost more than I paid for the device so I December I just used an older phone and put the Priv to rest, but not before trying a million hard resets and pixle fixing apps with no luck ultimately.. So I checked for any new updates (wishful thinking) and shut the phone off completely in December 2017. Imagine my surprise when I turned the phone on again in July 2018 and found the screen still green but surprised to see a new update had rolled out. I attempted to download it and somewhere during the process the phone restarted and.. brace yourselves... The green screen was completely gone!!! The strange thing the update failed, but in attempting to update it fixed my phone...

I should also mention I knew it couldn't be a hardware issue because every time i did a hard reset the screen would be fine for a few seconds and then the green would return.
    09-26-18 08:06 PM