I agree, it is sadly the situation that you have to workaround to get your Priv to run like it should.

I loved my Priv until BlackBerry refused to upgrade it and I actually looked at the performance of other devices. That is when I switched.

Not everyone wants or can afford to do that, though my OnePlus was over $200 less than I paid for the Priv. So sadly it is getting the phone to work like you need it and that means sacrifices.

If the need is for a keyboard, then jump to the Key2. Or continue waiting and hoping for a Priv2, which can be a forever wait.
    KEY3 with AMOLED from Samsung would be a HUGE step up, so even if we're stuck at 4.5 - 4.7 inches, it'll be much more enjoyable and easier to forget the Priv.

Use the same LCD as KEYone/KEY2 for the KEY lites
    07-19-18 09:50 AM
    Why? Because effing snapdragon 808, that's why.

It is what it is, man. I'm just throwing out tips that allowed my Privs to achieve serviceable relatively all-day battery life, for those who may be interested. I'd say it's even more important now since the batteries (even the spares) are getting older so that phone could use every optimization we can throw at it.
    It seems that BlackBerry finally took notice to the comments left on Google Play Store.

These latest BlackBerry apps updates (DTEK, BlackBerry Launcher, BlackBerry Productivity Tab and BBM) have done something that now my PRIV seems to be running "COOL" and the battery appears to be lasting longer between charges.

Have anyone else notice these improvements on their PRIVs after updating your PRIV with these updates ???
    07-19-18 05:13 PM
    Location Services/Data/Wifi. If you have these always on then there is a chance that you might be losing battery the most. If the battery still drains then get it checked out to be honest.
    LianeG likes this.
    07-20-18 04:03 AM
    Hi mine runs for all day when not turned on I'm using killtask on play store. It'll only use about 20% of the battery if screen is off. Mines on the lower res. But if I use email or WhatsApp it'll drop faster than a stone and heat up.

I think a big part of the drain is mobile data it burns through battery whilst I text or message. When I stop the battery doesn't deplete and holds well.

I can't find a widget to press to just disable mobile data rather than going through the setting but when on WiFi if I turn 3g to disabled it doesn't heat up much as soon as I turn it on it drops quick.

Any quick way to turn this on/off or ideally a app that disables mobile data when WiFi is in but to date I haven't found one...

I'm sure it'll save loads of battery life. But just terrible of blackberry to do this to their customers who love keyboards and android.

Bought a keyone coming tomorrow in the hope it doesnt heat up, speed isn't everything but if it's the same I'm going over to a Samsung s7 with clip on keyboard, not as good a keyboard but the phone is fantastic as a daily driver...

Atb
    02-12-19 06:01 PM
    Where do I find "developer options" to change animation from 1x to O.5x. I looked all over in settings? I am having the same re-booting problem as of late.....
    06-06-21 07:41 PM
    Where do I find "developer options" to change animation from 1x to O.5x. I looked all over in settings? I am having the same re-booting problem as of late.....
    I don't think reducing the animations from 1x to 0.5x has anything to do with rebooting, but to do it you have to go to:

Settings > System > About Phone > tap on build number 8 times until it tells you you have become a developer > go back to System > Developer options > scroll down to the three animation settings and set them to 0.5x
    Exedorable likes this.
    06-06-21 08:47 PM
    The responsible app rebooting the phone is the Google Play Store app and by disabling it I solved the problem

Sent from my STV100-4 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-30-22 11:39 PM
    by disabling it I solved the problem
    How do you update apps, out of curiosity?
    03-31-22 06:56 PM
    How do you update apps, out of curiosity?
    With apkpure app. But aurora store works too but only with one app at the time.

Sent from my STV100-4 using CB Forums mobile app
    04-02-22 06:48 AM
    With apkpure app. But aurora store works too
    No compatibility issues? Or increase in app crashes?
    04-04-22 06:29 PM
    Not as far as I'm concerned.
    04-05-22 06:33 AM
    Not as far as I'm concerned.
    May I ask how long you have used this apkpure? An initial search led me to multiple warnings about Trojans/malware etc.

I'm probably going to disable the play store app anyhow, just to see if it helps prevent #random crashes. Wonder if I would be able to simply update apps individually from w/ in the app itself (w/ out the Google play store)
    04-11-22 09:42 PM
    May I ask how long you have used this apkpure? An initial search led me to multiple warnings about Trojans/malware etc.

I'm probably going to disable the play store app anyhow, just to see if it helps prevent #random crashes. Wonder if I would be able to simply update apps individually from w/ in the app itself (w/ out the Google play store)
    Apkpure is safe. The only problem with this app is the ads. So I just modded the app to be at peace. But aurora store is better. However, what I dislike about the latter is the fact that you can't see the progress when it's installing an app. With apkpure you can update all your apps on one click and it will do the job while you're doing something else. One thing is very disappointing. I never found a way to install xapk apps. And with the Blackberry priv, whenever you download an apk file straight online without a store , if you try to open it right away, it says there is no app to open apk files. So you need to go to your file browser manually and to click on the APK file to install.
    Since I disabled with ADB the vending app (which is the Google Play store )my Blackberry doesn't start up alone anymore. However you need to keep the Google Play services. And I think I have about 300 MO more ram.
    04-12-22 12:37 AM
63 123