Thanks a lot @Rico4you
    It seems smoother at this time when I tried to play!
    06-29-17 08:30 AM
    Thanks a lot @Rico4you
    It seems smoother at this time when I tried to play!
    Fantastic!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 09:31 AM
    Seems a reset hasn't helped much and has it back to where it has problems charging. Put it on the charger last night around 50% battery and saw that it was charging and work up this morning to around 40% battery.
    (1) age of the battery possibly is one of the problem
    (2) Priv runs hot, battery degradation faster... https://www.nature.com/articles/srep12967 check for Fig.10
    (3) user dependent: if you play a lot of games or got droid app always in the back ground - unit runs hot and consume more battery.
    (4) this is almost unavoidable- because your battery consumption is high, you charge more often - total re-charger cycle consumption is faster/year...
    (5) go get a real new BB battery from the repair house if it exist. clean up your app. stop playing game, reset and forget latest OS update - it intended for faster processor, more memory, possibly not for Priv. if you use those latest app, software, etc. it might heat up your unit... see item (1) -(4) ... IMHO.
    ar87124 likes this.
    06-29-17 09:47 AM
    Those are my issues as well... I am going to try some of these suggestions and see if it works. If not, it may be time to move on. :/
    06-29-17 10:11 AM
    Well, so my issues are:

1. I haven't installed any more apps than what i had before the March update. I don't play games or let my kids use it to play games.
    2. I'm not playing games at night when its charging nor do I have the dream mode enabled where the screen is on or anything like that.
    My phone is also not that old, only about 6 months or so, it basically changed overnight, it worked fine before the march update and after that update its been crap.
    rebecca58 likes this.
    06-29-17 10:18 AM
    look like you have hope using software fix, just don't know which version would fix it (or down grade OS... ). however, you only have it for 6 month, that is new as you never have it... doesn't mean battery not degraded if the build date state 2014ish...
    06-29-17 10:50 AM
    I just did all of your recommendations.. Thank you. I will let you know if this doesn't work...

Thanks,

ar
    Priv4U likes this.
    06-29-17 11:07 AM
    Does the Factory Reset wipe out all the memory and apps etc? Do I then go into the Play Store and reinstall them?
    06-29-17 11:12 AM
    Yes, you download and reinstall after the reset

Blackberry won't talk to me without me spending $35 since I bought my phone from Verizon.
    After I did the factor reset I see to have all the issues that came right after the March update, I can't wireless charge (will it will start charging then stop), the camera can't take pictures with flash on and just gets a white screen, the battery only lasts 1/2 a day.
    06-29-17 08:35 PM
    Yes, you download and reinstall after the reset

Blackberry won't talk to me without me spending $35 since I bought my phone from Verizon.
    After I did the factor reset I see to have all the issues that came right after the March update, I can't wireless charge (will it will start charging then stop), the camera can't take pictures with flash on and just gets a white screen, the battery only lasts 1/2 a day.
    Contact @blackberryhelp. It is free.
    rebecca58 likes this.
    06-30-17 08:26 AM
    You could go into developer's mode and the scroll down to the very last option "Inactive apps", find Facebook and messenger and toggle to make them inactive.
    Rico4you and rebecca58 like this.
    05-07-18 04:10 AM
    Contact @blackberryhelp. It is free.
    How fast do they tend to respond, if you happen to know?
    It's been 2 days and still says message unread....
    07-12-18 02:04 PM
    They don't respond at all now. I think you have to contact elsewhere to get help since BlackBerry doesn't make phones anymore. They have also stopped support like this for the Priv. The only thing you will get from BlackBerry is a security upgrade if they deem it to be a serious enough risk. Otherwise it is adios and good luck!!
    Anaik17 and rebecca58 like this.
    07-12-18 02:07 PM
    They don't respond at all now. ... good luck!!
    Thanks for letting me know and yeah, good luck to us all!
    07-15-18 02:02 PM
    (1) age of the battery possibly is one of the problem
    (2) Priv runs hot, battery degradation faster... https://www.nature.com/articles/srep12967 check for Fig.10
    (3) user dependent: if you play a lot of games or got droid app always in the back ground - unit runs hot and consume more battery.
    (4) this is almost unavoidable- because your battery consumption is high, you charge more often - total re-charger cycle consumption is faster/year...
    (5) go get a real new BB battery from the repair house if it exist. clean up your app. stop playing game, reset and forget latest OS update - it intended for faster processor, more memory, possibly not for Priv. if you use those latest app, software, etc. it might heat up your unit... see item (1) -(4) ... IMHO.
    I've no additional apps other than the BlackBerry PRIV pre-installed apps on my PRIV.

Absolutely no games and I very rarely use You Tube and, BBM and BlackBerry "WatchDox" are disabled.

However, after the recent BlackBerry apps updates my PRIV is becoming much faster uncomfortable hot with excessive battery drain.

I'm now even constantly having this notice "phone is getting hot and it is taking steps to cool down" .

I'm concerned that these recent updates may not have been work on with "Marshmallow" OS in consideration as it may well being considered as antiquity now????

What I can say with 100% is these recent updates are causing my PRIV to run abnormal hot and 4 x times having to recharge my battery.

I checked the information on "BlackBerry Virtual Expert" app I installed on my PRIV and it is showing battery "GOOD" .
    rebecca58 likes this.
    07-15-18 03:09 PM
    I've no additional apps other than the BlackBerry PRIV pre-installed apps on my PRIV.

Absolutely no games and I very rarely use You Tube and, BBM and BlackBerry "WatchDox" are disabled.

However, after the recent BlackBerry apps updates my PRIV is becoming much faster uncomfortable hot with excessive battery drain.

I'm now even constantly having this notice "phone is getting hot and it is taking steps to cool down" .

I'm concerned that these recent updates may not have been work on with "Marshmallow" OS in consideration as it may well being considered as antiquity now????

What I can say with 100% is these recent updates are causing my PRIV to run abnormal hot and 4 x times having to recharge my battery.

I checked the information on "BlackBerry Virtual Expert" app I installed on my PRIV and it is showing battery "GOOD" .
    Did you delete cached data and reboot?
    07-15-18 03:12 PM
    Did you delete cached data and reboot?
    Thank you kindly for your response.

Yes I've done all of that with no success.
    Attached Thumbnails Why is my battery life draining so quickly?-notable-00003.jpg  
    07-15-18 04:31 PM
    Thank you kindly for your response.

Yes I've done all of that with no success.
    Disable/uninstall as many Google Apps as possible, disable the Hub, turn off location, bluetooth and wi-fi when not in use, search on the forums the thread explaining how to downgrade the resolution to 1080x1920
    07-16-18 07:35 AM
    Disable/uninstall as many Google Apps as possible, disable the Hub, turn off location, bluetooth and wi-fi when not in use, search on the forums the thread explaining how to downgrade the resolution to 1080x1920
    The problem with this suggestion is why even have the phone. I would not downgrade the resolution since it will affect negatively how some apps operate.

Instead I would make sure Facebook and the social apps have restricted notifications since they are resource hogs and the Priv is not properly optimized. You can actually delete Facebook and install something like Friendly which addresses the issue of resource hog quite well.

Are you also closing apps, not just sending them to the background? Closing means minimizing and then swiping them off either to the right or left depending on your settings.

A more tedious but effective way to figure out what is going on is to do a factory reset (you lose all your data) and then add back in your apps one by one. Wait a few hours after each install and see how your battery performs. Don't add stuff from backup because you may be reinstalling the problem. This procedure is a pain in the neck, but it will help you to find the culprit.

Personally I would delete and reinstall your social apps and see if there is improvement. I didn't have any notifications from any of them when I had my Priv. I finally had to delete Instagram and Facebook with the latter being the main culprit. I used Friendly and never reinstalled Instagram.
    rebecca58 likes this.
    07-16-18 08:08 AM
    The problem with this suggestion is why even have the phone. I would not downgrade the resolution since it will affect negatively how some apps operate.

Instead I would make sure Facebook and the social apps have restricted notifications since they are resource hogs and the Priv is not properly optimized. You can actually delete Facebook and install something like Friendly which addresses the issue of resource hog quite well.

Are you also closing apps, not just sending them to the background? Closing means minimizing and then swiping them off either to the right or left depending on your settings.

A more tedious but effective way to figure out what is going on is to do a factory reset (you lose all your data) and then add back in your apps one by one. Wait a few hours after each install and see how your battery performs. Don't add stuff from backup because you may be reinstalling the problem. This procedure is a pain in the neck, but it will help you to find the culprit.

Personally I would delete and reinstall your social apps and see if there is improvement. I didn't have any notifications from any of them when I had my Priv. I finally had to delete Instagram and Facebook with the latter being the main culprit. I used Friendly and never reinstalled Instagram.
    The only issue with downgrading the resolution is that in some apps, while editing a photo, it may be too zoomed in. But once uploaded/saved/finished, it's all good. I'd say the pros of battery saving outweigh the cons of a slight resize bug once in a blue moon.

As for social apps, no need to disable notifications, but rather just install Facebook Lite and Messenger Lite instead of the full versions.
    07-16-18 11:54 AM
    The only issue with downgrading the resolution is that in some apps, while editing a photo, it may be too zoomed in. But once uploaded/saved/finished, it's all good. I'd say the pros of battery saving outweigh the cons of a slight resize bug once in a blue moon.

As for social apps, no need to disable notifications, but rather just install Facebook Lite and Messenger Lite instead of the full versions.
    True the Lite versions work fine. I personally shut off notifications because of not wanting to be bothered with constant interruptions of world importance like a selfie from a friend eating their breakfast.

I get enough notifications without social media adding to it. I can open and look to see what is happening when I have the time and is one less thing using my battery up.

The one really nice thing on the Priv is the HD screen. If you have to make it less, why have the phone? Better to bite the bullet and buy a newer phone better optimized for less than I spent on my Priv when it was new. Go OnePlus and get a great phone that doesn't overheat and actually gets software upgrades.
    07-16-18 12:05 PM
    True the Lite versions work fine. I personally shut off notifications because of not wanting to be bothered with constant interruptions of world importance like a selfie from a friend eating their breakfast.

I get enough notifications without social media adding to it. I can open and look to see what is happening when I have the time and is one less thing using my battery up.

The one really nice thing on the Priv is the HD screen. If you have to make it less, why have the phone? Better to bite the bullet and buy a newer phone better optimized for less than I spent on my Priv when it was new. Go OnePlus and get a great phone that doesn't overheat and actually gets software upgrades.
    Well, the way I optimized and used my Priv, it consistently got 5 hours of screen on time, sometimes more. Just gotta stay away from CPU/GPU hungry apps/tasks and it should do ok, if you apply what I mentioned above.
    07-17-18 02:40 AM

It begs the question why even bother to have a BlackBerry smartphone (PRIV) if for the battery not to overheat, the screen resolution has to be reduced and all pre-installed apps have to be disabled??????
    07-17-18 09:53 AM
    It begs the question why even bother to have a BlackBerry smartphone (PRIV) if for the battery not to overheat, the screen resolution has to be reduced and all pre-installed apps have to be disabled??????
    Why? Because effing snapdragon 808, that's why.

It is what it is, man. I'm just throwing out tips that allowed my Privs to achieve serviceable relatively all-day battery life, for those who may be interested. I'd say it's even more important now since the batteries (even the spares) are getting older so that phone could use every optimization we can throw at it.
    rebecca58 likes this.
    07-19-18 07:15 AM
    Why? Because effing snapdragon 808, that's why.

It is what it is, man. I'm just throwing out tips that allowed my Privs to achieve serviceable relatively all-day battery life, for those who may be interested. I'd say it's even more important now since the batteries (even the spares) are getting older so that phone could use every optimization we can throw at it.
    I agree, it is sadly the situation that you have to workaround to get your Priv to run like it should.

I loved my Priv until BlackBerry refused to upgrade it and I actually looked at the performance of other devices. That is when I switched.

Not everyone wants or can afford to do that, though my OnePlus was over $200 less than I paid for the Priv. So sadly it is getting the phone to work like you need it and that means sacrifices.

If the need is for a keyboard, then jump to the Key2. Or continue waiting and hoping for a Priv2, which can be a forever wait.
    07-19-18 08:03 AM
63 123