Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    hi i have BB PRIV ... suddenly it has stopped charging. when the phone is off its showing white exclamation mark. when booting up via boot mode im able to start my phone but the battery is not passing more than 1 percent.. now its going to 0 percent.

im stuck i dont understand what to do. pls HELP..
    04-01-16 01:00 PM
    sounds like a bad battery. have you contacted your carrier for a replacement?
    or tried reloading the OS?
    04-01-16 01:11 PM
    I have tried all sorts of reboots.. gets a white exclamation mark.. actually bought it from a freind fairly used one in nigeria. so i dont know what to do.. are you sure its need battery replacement.. but until today it was fine..
    04-01-16 01:38 PM
    after i remove charger. im able to start my device.. but the phone is showing charging sign but it doesnt passs more than 0 percent... do u want me to to copy all data first and then reset the device to factory settings will it be of any help
    04-01-16 01:40 PM
    Make sure you are using the charger that came with the device.. Note that some older chargers do not supply enough power to effectively charge the device..
    04-01-16 04:16 PM
    What type of charger are you using? Try a different one from another device.

GENTLY wiggle the usb cable.

Have you rebooted or restarted? Press Power Button 10 or so seconds and if that does not fix things, press it for 32 or so seconds.

Good luck
    04-01-16 04:35 PM
    nothing has happened.. have been trying with all the chargers available.. nothin happend.. another worst thing. after battery was 0 percent. its not even starting now.. no sign nothing. completely dead..
    04-02-16 02:09 PM
    just got of the phone with customer care .. so this is the solution.. and it has worked.. if your phone is comppletely dead .. hold on the power and vol down button for 2 min or less. it will boot in and give u 4 options.. select second one which is boot into fast boot .. then after selecting 2nd option presss power button to ok it .. it will still take you to same screen. now select 1st option. and voila ..your phone will be up and running.. im sure its a software issue bb has.. so CHEERS..
    dracolnyte, FF22, Matt J and 1 others like this.
    04-02-16 02:55 PM
    Hello. On another forum the user wrote about your combination with fast charging. I did my PRIV for the sake of interest (that user did not write what had to be done with the device turned off, I did on the device turned on), first a screenshot appeared and the LED indicators of red green and blue began to light up on the phone. There was no menu. By the way, here at performance of the given combination the phone is heated ...
    Reboot the device, the LED indicators do not light. By the way, after rebooting I charge 97% for charging, it shows 44 minutes. Until fully charged !!! What's the function on the phone?
    Last edited by rmirkhaidaroff; 03-30-17 at 03:58 AM. Reason: editing
    03-30-17 03:38 AM
    My Blackberry priv was almost brand new, bought it last month from ebay for $149. It sits on my desk as an extra phone. I saw the screen give a message that it was heating up and would shut down for precaution or whatever it said. Then it would never turn back on, except if I held all buttons it would go to the menu screen to boot, but would shut back off. When charging it was a RED solid light.

So I bought a new battery for it, bought the Torx Tool set because you need a T5 screwdriver to get the old battery out, and I put new battery in.

But still no luck. Now it's just a constant white exclaimation mark when I plug it in to charge.

If I hold all buttons down, I can get the boot menu, and it goes to my homepage, but 0% battery and says shutting down before I can do anything, it shuts down.

Anyone know what to try next? Since its not the battery, what part needs to be replaced?

If it isn't worth or able to be repaired, how can I get the images off of it? It doesn't stay on long enough to transfer them out by connecting to laptop. . . .if I take it apart, is the internal memory an sd card that I can remove and connect to an adapter flash drive? Or how can I get the pics off?

Please let me know! Prefer to repair it. What part would be causing this!?

See pics below

Why isn't my BB PRIV charging?-img_20180106_1612346.jpg
    Why isn't my BB PRIV charging?-img_20180106_2352138.jpg
    Why isn't my BB PRIV charging?-img_20180106_2353312.jpg
    Why isn't my BB PRIV charging?-img_20180106_2353322.jpg
    Why isn't my BB PRIV charging?-img_20180106_2353383.jpg
    Last edited by dollarscholar; 01-07-18 at 04:58 PM.
    01-07-18 05:24 AM
    My Blackberry priv was almost brand new, bought it last month from ebay for $149. It sits on my desk as an extra phone. I saw the screen give a message that it was heating up and would shut down for precaution or whatever it said. Then it would never turn back on, except if I held all buttons it would go to the menu screen to boot, but would shut back off. When charging it was a RED solid light.

So I bought a new battery for it, bought the Torx Tool set because you need a T5 screwdriver to get the old battery out, and I put new battery in.

But still no luck. Now it's just a constant white exclaimation mark when I plug it in to charge.

If I hold all buttons down, I can get the boot menu, and it goes to my homepage, but 0% battery and says shutting down before I can do anything, it shuts down.

Anyone know what to try next? Since its not the battery, what part needs to be replaced?

If it isn't worth or able to be repaired, how can I get the images off of it? It doesn't stay on long enough to transfer them out by connecting to laptop. . . .if I take it apart, is the internal memory an sd card that I can remove and connect to an adapter flash drive? Or how can I get the pics off?

Please let me know! Prefer to repair it. What part would be causing this!?

See pics below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180106_1612346.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	433061

Name:	IMG_20180106_2352138.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	433062

Name:	IMG_20180106_2353312.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	433063

Name:	IMG_20180106_2353322.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	433064

Name:	IMG_20180106_2353383.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	433065
    The USB is fragile and overheating degrades the distribution module just above that component. I had mine replaced with a revolvers part for $$ but it failed again. Get a QI charger and use it at your desk. There exist portable power bricks with QI if you must have it out & about...
    01-07-18 10:09 PM
    To avoid damage to the charging port due to constant plugging in and out, I'd recommend (and bought) one of those magnetic chargers, basically you insert a small module in your phone's charging port (in the case of the Priv, it's micro-usb, but there is also the Apple lightning and USB-C module) and then when it's time to charge, just bring the wire near the module and the magnetic force will automatically clip it on, and your phone starts charging. Basically how MacBooks work. This is supposed to (and should) reduce the wear on the port, since the module is always in there 24/7, thus making the module itself take the "wear and tear"

It's also cool in the sense that if you have a micro-usb, USB-C or iOS device, you can use the same wire to charge them all

Hope that helps
    newcollector and Gigolo69 like this.
    01-08-18 05:27 AM
    I will say, I just had this happen to me yesterday afternoon. I was trying to charge my phone with my regular USB charger, as well as just connecting the cord to a computer or other USB outlets. It would be fine until I plugged it in to charge.

This morning, I switched my USB cord, and tried some other USB cords, and had no issue with the phone essentially being stuck with that battery/exclamation point icon. So maybe you should switch your USB cord/charger?
    01-28-18 01:45 PM
    I will say, I just had this happen to me yesterday afternoon. I was trying to charge my phone with my regular USB charger, as well as just connecting the cord to a computer or other USB outlets. It would be fine until I plugged it in to charge.

This morning, I switched my USB cord, and tried some other USB cords, and had no issue with the phone essentially being stuck with that battery/exclamation point icon. So maybe you should switch your USB cord/charger?
    What the hell is going on with this phone? I got stuck with the same problem. I try to charge but only see "Charging will resume when the phone is cooler" and it cannot be powered on.
    06-04-18 03:28 AM
    did you ever get any resolution to this issue? i have the exact same thing happening right now......thanks!
    04-01-19 02:18 PM
    The resolution is to replace the charging board, the board the micro-usb is attached to.

It was a bad match component for this phone. It goes bad, dies, relatively quick, likely due to the excessive and constant (over)heating issues. Either by way of both qi or usb.

Poor electric management/distribution, hence heat, thus premature death.
    04-05-19 05:20 PM