Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Got a notification that system update is available (latest security patch, I assume), but when I start to download, I get the "download paused - waiting for wifi".

The WiFi is full strength, connected to the internet, battery charged. Tried clearing case, resetting phone & router, different wifi network, safe mode on Priv, etc... nothing worked yet!

Only thing left is factory reset, but that's a last resort!

Phone is 8 months old. No issues till now...

EDIT: Managed to make the download bar to fill up as in downloading the system update data by forgetting and reconnecting the WiFi, but after that I get the "verification problem" message... and must do it all over again just to receive the same message! Duh...

EDIT#2: Please, check the post #7 by Ficaiolo as a solution, as it seems to work for most.
    Last edited by Super Mario 64; 01-22-18 at 09:54 AM.
    11-15-17 04:31 PM
    Do you have a beta version of Google Play Services installed? If so, revert to non-beta.
    11-15-17 05:06 PM
    Know about that... Unfortunately, no beta. Vanilla software, not even rooted. Wouldn't be posting if it would be that simple. lol

Thanks anyways!
    11-15-17 05:15 PM
    I'm getting the same issue on a DTEK50, I don't want to do a factory reset as it is an employee phone. Tried 12 second and 32 second reboots, I want to clear the download cache for it, but not sure where it is (doesn't appear under apps). Any other suggestions welcome!
    Thanks
    11-16-17 07:10 AM
    I gave up trying different things - did a factory reset and all working again. Really frustrating had to resort to doing a reset and restore.
    11-16-17 10:01 AM
    I'm having the same issue with the latest update through Verizon. Tried rebooting and that didn't work. Has anyone figured out a workaround aside from factory reset?
    11-16-17 10:03 AM
    I noticed this problem because for some reason, I checked update availability and had the same problems as described above such as "waiting for wifi" despite a good connection. After failing at the verification stage on both wifi and cellular, I went into settings > security > device administrators, and unchecked everything. Then went into app info and uninstalled the updates for Google play services with the tab in the upper right since it wouldn't let me without the previous actions, updated it, and my my if notifications didn't have a verified and ready to install system update within moments after re-adjusting security settings. Isn't the first time I had to do that to an app on my PRIV as google's Photos and Maps had periods of disabled service and prying off updates felt worth a try and worked for those.
    11-21-17 01:40 PM
    Thank you for sharing the information. I'll try it once I have my Priv back from repair (a lot of undead pixels on the amoled screed after a simple restart).
    11-22-17 01:22 PM
    Tx. I had the same issue, was running beta version of Google play services, followed your instructions and worked perfectly. Too bad rogers nor blackberry help couldn't provide this solution.
    11-28-17 10:07 PM
    I went to uncheck "Exchange Device Admin" and got a warning: "Deactivating the Email app's authority to administer your device will delete all email accounts that require it, along with their email, contacts, calendar events and other data." Did you get that message?
    12-19-17 10:46 AM
    Mine would download the update but wouldnt install. It just says COULDNT UPDATE Verification Problem. It's an STV100-3 AAG277 from Korea. And yes, Blackberry Support cannot support.
    12-24-17 10:18 PM
    excellent! This worked!
    12-25-17 01:17 AM
    Had same problem trying to update security patch and got the 'waiting for wifi" problem. Factory reboot failed too. What worked was uninstalling GooglePlay; do the update; and then reinstall GooglePlay.
    01-21-18 06:30 AM
    Got a notification that system update is available (latest security patch, I assume), but when I start to download, I get the "download paused - waiting for wifi".

The WiFi is full strength, connected to the internet, battery charged. Tried clearing case, resetting phone & router, different wifi network, safe mode on Priv, etc... nothing worked yet!

Only thing left is factory reset, but that's a last resort!

Phone is 8 months old. No issues till now...

EDIT: Managed to make the download bar to fill up as in downloading the system update data by forgetting and reconnecting the WiFi, but after that I get the "verification problem" message... and must do it all over again just to receive the same message! Duh...
    01-22-18 09:36 AM
    Hi bro ,I do getting a same kinda respond when I try to update my priv,.did u find any solution for that, if it's kindly share. Mine is an 1month old device.
    01-22-18 09:38 AM
    Hi bro ,I do getting a same kinda respond when I try to update my priv,.did u find any solution for that, if it's kindly share. Mine is an 1month old device.
    Please, check the post #7 by Ficaiolo as a solution, as it seems to work for most.
    01-22-18 09:55 AM
    Tried it. But since I'm on a French version, titles for menus are not the same... So I'm not sure that I did right. Where do you get «app info» ? In the app folder in settings ? All I see is Google Play store... Can't find Google Play services... still getting an error message.

This is my third unit as I'm pretty tough on my devices. I no problems with the 2 first ones (only dropped them on conrete floor). Still, without update, the 3rd one is also good enough to finish my contract with my carrier but I'd like to get rid of the message that says there's a verification problem... If anybody can help...

Thanks
    01-22-18 10:45 PM
    Thank you!! I uninstalled the Google play stuff and presto, update accomplished! Thanks so much!!
    03-05-18 06:26 PM