Hi Everyone,

I tried searching for an answer for this but I am not the most "tech savvy" person and I fear I'm using the wrong wording. So if this is a duplicate question, My apologies.

So I got my new Priv last night. I set up my personal Gmail account via the GMail app, and my work account via the Blackberry Hub.

As I have been working today at my desk, I see emails coming in on the Priv and my Outlook (awesome!) but when I check the Priv it says my inbox is empty and I have no emails? I have it to retrieve every 5 minutes and the emails only stay on my phone for the 5 minutes.

We are not a enterprise account so I am using POP3 to access the emails. I have selected the option to only delete emails off the hub and not the server so I can have them on my desktop as well.
    I've checked my port settings and made sure all that was accurate with the IT department. Since i'm the only one with the Priv, everyone else is on the Z10 or the Curves, they are unsure what is going on.

I'm just not sure why this is happening. I'm sure I have done something wrong.
    12-03-15 11:21 AM
    I just add a POP3 account to BlackBerry Hub and then sent an email from another account to it. The email arrived promptly and remained on the smartphone.

Are you using an internal Microsoft Exchange Server or another email provider?

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    12-03-15 08:27 PM
    As I have been working today at my desk, I see emails coming in on the Priv and my Outlook (awesome!) but when I check the Priv it says my inbox is empty and I have no emails? I have it to retrieve every 5 minutes and the emails only stay on my phone for the 5 minutes.

I'm curious - you said "and my Outlook" which I assume is your desktop, correct? Are you reading and filing the emails in Outlook?
    12-03-15 08:45 PM
    Hello, Thank you both for the response.

No I am not using the exchange, I am using our company provider.

Yes, on my Desktop is outlook, my apologies for not clarifying. To test this, I did not read the emails on my BB Curve or on my computer desktop.
    I did not read them on the Priv either. I just watched the inbox on the hub to see a) if they would arrive, as some did not and b) how long did it take to get them , how long for them to disappear.
    I'm used to my Curve 9300 getting emails before my Desktop Outlook.
    12-04-15 08:20 AM
    Hello, Thank you both for the response.

No I am not using the exchange, I am using our company provider.

Yes, on my Desktop is outlook, my apologies for not clarifying. To test this, I did not read the emails on my BB Curve or on my computer desktop.
    I did not read them on the Priv either. I just watched the inbox on the hub to see a) if they would arrive, as some did not and b) how long did it take to get them , how long for them to disappear.
    I'm used to my Curve 9300 getting emails before my Desktop Outlook.
    Have you enabled email synchronisation for the POP3 account?
    12-04-15 10:55 AM
    Yes, I have.
    12-04-15 11:06 AM
    YES, I have had exactly the same problem with my Gmail account on my Z30 hub and my Passport SE hub!

For example, if I sent myself an email from my Gmail account addressed to my Gmail account, and I deleted the "sent" message, the "received" message would also disappear from the BlackBerry Hub.

When I contacted BlackBerry 's help line, I was told this was because of the settings in Gmail. The BlackBerry Hub merely mirrors the Gmail account settings.

So if you delete the "root" message of a Gmail conversation, all other related messages are also erased.

I'm not sure that I entirely believe this explanation.

Posted using my BlackBerry Stainless Steel Passport SE (and I also have the BlackBerry Z30).
    12-04-15 11:11 AM
    But I am not using GMail... I am using a work email account. Not related to GMail to my knowledge.
    I am not even deleting any emails, they are disappearing as I am watching the screen, or not coming to my phone at all.
    12-04-15 11:14 AM