I have my Priv since may 2017 now.
    And what Ive always noticed that facebook and messenger are so slow and always show fault messages that the app is not responding.
    Everything works perfect on my android, everything is updated.
    I deleted messenger and facebook and installed them again and nothing works.
    Anyone else with the same problem?
    01-13-18 03:15 PM
    I have my Priv since may 2017 now.
    And what Ive always noticed that facebook and messenger are so slow and always show fault messages that the app is not responding.
    Everything works perfect on my android, everything is updated.
    I deleted messenger and facebook and installed them again and nothing works.
    Anyone else with the same problem?
    Hello Facebook and Messenger are HUGE resource Hogs on all Android devices.
    I uninstalled both of them.
    After installed Facebook LITE and MESSENGER Lite.

Working perfect.

good luck
    01-13-18 06:49 PM
    Friendly is also a good Facebook app, they have some sort of messenger replacement, you can turn on. But I can't vouch for it, as I've never turned it on, I have no use for FB Messenger.
    tommel2 likes this.
    01-13-18 07:12 PM
    Priv has difficulty keeping up with resource intensive apps, including Google Maps.
    01-13-18 08:20 PM
    Google maps and GPS navigation are resource and battery hogs for all Android devices. They are all bad --- But, the Priv is among the worst of the bad.
    01-13-18 08:40 PM
    OP, like Rico said, use FB lite and Messenger lite!
    For the latter, it can simply be found on Google Play Store.
    As for FB lite, you'll have to download it from a website like apkmirror.com for example.
    01-14-18 04:01 AM
    Having never tried FB LITE, I can't dis it, or recommend it. Rico is pretty astute, so I doubt he'd steer you wrong.
    But, if you are leery of allowing downloads from unknown sources, give Freindly a try.
    01-14-18 07:37 AM
    I would uninstall Facebook and FB Messenger all together. Opera works best for me. Seamless experience. Opera Mini had flaws here and there, but it's also an option.
    01-14-18 07:52 AM
    Thanks for all the info guys.
    Ive downloaded the Lite versions and its much faster!
    Wezard likes this.
    01-14-18 08:09 AM
    Thanks for all the info guys.
    Ive downloaded the Lite versions and its much faster!
    Great to hear. Both Facebook LITE and Messenger LITE available on PlayStore.
    01-14-18 05:05 PM
    Great to hear. Both Facebook LITE and Messenger LITE available on PlayStore.
    Hey Rico,

Unfortunately, FB lite is only available on the play store in select regions, therefore many will have to sideload it, which is fine, apk's are all over the Internet. Besides, once installed, one can check for updates from the app itself, no need to keep going online every so often to check for newer versions
    01-15-18 12:07 AM
    Hey Rico,

Unfortunately, FB lite is only available on the play store in select regions, therefore many will have to sideload it, which is fine, apk's are all over the Internet. Besides, once installed, one can check for updates from the app itself, no need to keep going online every so often to check for newer versions
    This is why I chose Friendly. Runs smoothly and as someone else mentioned, I have no use or desire to use Messenger.
    01-15-18 08:32 AM
    Hey Rico,

Hello Boon,

Interesting had no idea FB lite in select regions. I have installed FB lite, Messenger Lite and Friendly. All working fine.
    At least added advantage is that both FB Lite and M Lite supported on HUB.
    01-15-18 10:16 AM
    I use Messenger Lite, but for FB itself, I use the mobile site, usually in Keyboard Browser so I can go to the top of the page easily by hitting the "T."
    01-15-18 12:47 PM
    Hello Facebook and Messenger are HUGE resource Hogs on all Android devices.
    I uninstalled both of them.
    After installed Facebook LITE and MESSENGER Lite.

Working perfect.

good luck
    The official Facebook Lite app does support Facebook messaging.

Are you having issues with Facebook Lite updating in BlackBerry Hub? I only have 1 notification in there. It was the first one that popped up after I installed FB Lite. I hadn't received any more there.
    02-11-18 02:32 PM
    Use the browser or FB Lite. Only problem with the browser is that everytime you have it open, it shows you as available on chat and you can't appear offline. I don't like people being able to see that I'm online whenever I'm creeping Facebook.
    02-11-18 02:50 PM
    The official Facebook Lite app does support Facebook messaging.

Are you having issues with Facebook Lite updating in BlackBerry Hub? I only have 1 notification in there. It was the first one that popped up after I installed FB Lite. I hadn't received any more there.
    Both work FB lite and Messenger Lite work great on HUB no issues.
    02-11-18 03:02 PM
    HMMM -- exactly what version of Facebook Lite and Messenger Lite are you using?

Where did you grab them? If you have the links handy that would be awesome.
    02-12-18 09:40 AM
    HMMM -- exactly what version of Facebook Lite and Messenger Lite are you using?

Where did you grab them? If you have the links handy that would be awesome.
    The most up to date verson of both work perfect. I update them weekly using Blackmart.
    Rico4you likes this.
    02-12-18 10:09 AM
    The most up to date verson of both work perfect. I update them weekly using Blackmart.
    Links?

Does Facebook Lite update your Calendar too?
    02-12-18 12:12 PM
    I downloaded from Google Play Store both apps and receive regular updates.

Although seems not available in all regions ? Maybe connecting via VPN app and change location. My location Spain.

good luck
    02-13-18 01:16 AM
    Friendly is another option to replace FB, does the same thing using the same servers, but without FB taking over your phone. It does have the messaging app built in, (need to enable it).
    I can't vouch for the messaging part, as I have zero use for FB messenger, and I'm not sure about Hub integration as I don't want FB anywhere near real communications.
    But lot's of other people use and are happy with it. It's also real easy on battery.
    02-13-18 08:09 AM
    Friendly is another option to replace FB, does the same thing using the same servers, but without FB taking over your phone. It does have the messaging app built in, (need to enable it).
    I can't vouch for the messaging part, as I have zero use for FB messenger, and I'm not sure about Hub integration as I don't want FB anywhere near real communications.
    But lot's of other people use and are happy with it. It's also real easy on battery.
    Does Friendly integrate with the calendar?
    02-22-18 09:29 AM
    No clue, for me Facebook is fun and games. I don't want it anywhere my calendar, hub, or contacts. It's pretty much a toy.
    02-22-18 06:42 PM
    No clue, for me Facebook is fun and games. I don't want it anywhere my calendar, hub, or contacts. It's pretty much a toy.
    I am with you on this, Wezard. Facebook is pretty much an annoying personal information sharing headache toy.
    Last edited by newcollector; 02-23-18 at 06:26 AM.
    02-22-18 06:49 PM
27 12