I love my Torch 9800! It was a great phone for its time. My brother-in-law and my best friend liked mine so much they got one themselves and my sister got a 9810 as well. No issues with any of them. My sister had her 9810 until last summer when she finally upgraded to the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:00 AM
    Looking forward to the slider.

Classically posted, until I can Slide in a post.
    04-27-15 08:44 PM
    For me it's about everything EXCEPT the keyboard. Not a keyboard guy...and the "Slider" apparently will not ever need to have the keyboard out as there is also a touch keyboard...allegedly. More interested in other components..we'll see.
    Maybe Crackberry can run a comp with one as a prize? Guess the name? guess the release date? Guess the first Country to get it ? Guess how many posts are started asking these questions between now and the actual release date ?
    04-28-15 02:58 AM
    I loved my 9810. Some people are trying to portray the torch as a failed device. It wasn't it was awesome. There seems to be some attempt at revisionist history by folks pissed that BlackBerry isn't coming out with a all touch flagship.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 07:53 AM
    For me it's about everything EXCEPT the keyboard. Not a keyboard guy...and the "Slider" apparently will not ever need to have the keyboard out as there is also a touch keyboard...allegedly. More interested in other components..we'll see.
    Maybe Crackberry can run a comp with one as a prize? Guess the name? guess the release date? Guess the first Country to get it ? Guess how many posts are started asking these questions between now and the actual release date ?
    With all respect this device is not for you and if it did not have a keyboard then it won't be "slide". This device for those who really appreciate "sliding" their device

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 08:17 AM
    With all respect this device is not for you and if it did not have a keyboard then it won't be "slide". This device for those who really appreciate "sliding" their device

Posted via CB10
    According to rumour, this device is actually designed for both slider and all-touch users in mind. Hopefully the slight compromises required of both camps will be offset by the advantages offered by the added functionality for each.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    04-28-15 08:47 AM
    BlackBerry Torch 9800 was my first costly investment on BlackBerry. It was just a piece of dis functioning crap.

Posted via CB10
    The 9860 Torch soon after was a lot better :-)
    04-28-15 08:49 AM
    According to rumour, this device is actually designed for both slider and all-touch users in mind. Hopefully the slight compromises required of both camps will be offset by the advantages offered by the added functionality for each.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    I've only ever had all-touch devices, but I can see that it would be nice if the keyboard could pop up outside of the screen, instead of all over the screen :-)

In an all touch world I'm not sure people will realise that unless they are told about it.

People were shown that it was good when the all touch devices arrived and gave extra screen space by doing away with the fixed keyboard. The slider also does the same actually. It gives a combined keyboard and screen space that no equivalent all-touch could compete with. Also I would hope you have the option to just use it all-touch when you don't need the extra space :-)
    Last edited by Gajja; 04-28-15 at 09:03 AM.
    04-28-15 08:52 AM
    A Blackberry Slider is a terrible product. No one (or very few) want it. If Blackberry would stop messing around and review their MOST successful products - they might realise this.

John, how many phones does Apple sell today?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 01:49 PM
    A Blackberry Slider is a terrible product. No one (or very few) want it. If Blackberry would stop messing around and review their MOST successful products - they might realise this.

Posted via CB10
    Do you want to get into a slab war with Apple, or focus on the existing keyboard niche? You have a Q10, no?

I think the Slider nicely rounds out their keyboard portfolio.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    Last edited by conite; 04-28-15 at 02:13 PM.
    04-28-15 02:03 PM
    Allergic reactions to the sliders seem be related to a fear that Blackberry will not make any slab/full touch but there's room for a 3 paths strategy:
    physical keyboard like the Classic, full touch device like the Z line, and an hybrid like the retractable keyboard/slider.
    Hopefully they won't make only the gigantic 5.5"slab+slider anticipated at the last WMC because imho the slider gets interesting when associated to a Q10 form factor: decent >4" screen in a very manageable form factor and a keyboard that comes out only when you need it (the Q10 is unbeatable when it comes to discretion and comfort in mobility as you almost forget it is in your pocket)
    04-28-15 02:41 PM
    I loved my torch my favorite BlackBerry by far and the reason I still have BlackBerrys to present time

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 03:02 PM
    *reaches for the desk drawer and pulls out the old 9810*

BB10 on this form factor, thinner, lighter, better battery?

Where do I line up?
    If it had LTE I'd probably still be using it.
    04-28-15 04:48 PM
    I loved my 9810. Some people are trying to portray the torch as a failed device. It wasn't it was awesome. There seems to be some attempt at revisionist history by folks pissed that BlackBerry isn't coming out with a all touch flagship.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    04-28-15 04:49 PM
    The torch was like a hockey puck. This new slider looks slimmer and more refined in design with a double curved screen. I didn't really like the torch but many did. If this phone feels good i may get it as a Passport replacement. But it'd have to be pretty fantastic.

BB Proud
    04-28-15 05:47 PM
    Out of all the devices we know is coming the slider is the only one to get excited about

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 07:15 PM
    Loved the Torch. It is still my favourite BB to date. Can't wait for the new slider!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 07:40 PM
    I have 2x q10 and use one all day long with 2 batteries. A Slider is a total waste of time. How many Torch did BlackBerry sell? Not many at all.

I'd take a new q10/9900 sized device which has a real keyboard (NO double typing flaws) which has a faster process & removable batteries.

But no thanks to a "slider".

Do you want to get into a slab war with Apple, or focus on the existing keyboard niche? You have a Q10, no?

I think the Slider nicely rounds out their keyboard portfolio.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 03:21 AM
    A Slider is a total waste of time. How many Torch did BlackBerry sell? Not many at all.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure where you are getting your raw data, nor how you've performed your market research. I can only assume that BlackBerry has put a bit of effort in on this one.

I suppose time will tell.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    Last edited by conite; 04-29-15 at 06:08 AM.
    04-29-15 05:57 AM
    The complaining about the slider has gotten way out of hand. We have several options re: "candybar" style PKB devices, including 4 BB10 devices. We've got a flood of cookie-cutter full touch glass slabs, including 4 BB10 devices. But here comes one slider and all we hear is *****ing. Fine, you don't want it, we all get it. But is it too much to ask to let those of us who do like them have our one lousy device?

Posted via CB10
    tufcustomer and Doggerz like this.
    04-29-15 01:42 PM
    I hope it has OS 7.1 lol.
    Im looking forward to it and I have the Z30 and love it but I miss the keyboard a lot but if it has both would be so cool!
    04-29-15 03:04 PM
    I don't get the excitement about a slider.

I had a Torch. It's annoying to have to slide out the keyboard to type. And, I type a lot, so I had it extended a lot... which was kinda cumbersome. Really did not like the Torch.

So, please explain. What am I missing? Because I am about to replace my Z10, and I'd like to know what the fuss is about re: a slider... and if I should wait.

Thanks!

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    Exactly. Pain in the neck to deal with.

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    04-29-15 03:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do you have data to support your analysis that no one wants it? If so please share. Just an FYI, even their most successful BB10 product is light years aways from selling on the level of the iPhone, be it all touch or a PKB.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 04:09 PM
    Exactly. Pain in the neck to deal with.

Posted via CB10
    So type on the screen like it's a touch device.

On that note I will say that typing on-screen was a lot easier on my portrait slider than on landscape slider like the Torch or this new device. The way I hold it to type, I think the mechanism will need to be very tight for it to be a viable option for people who are exclusively looking to use the VKB. With a landscape slider I'd still hold the phone vertically when I used the VKB, so there was no feeling of looseness since the slider slid to the side vs up & down like my Torch.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 04:42 PM
    My wife and I both loved our torch 9800 and 9810 phones. Passport is great for me, she's likely moving to the slider from her z10 when released

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    04-29-15 06:16 PM
126 ... 23456