I find that my Priv suddenly turns off while I am using it, on Chrome generally. When I reboot it, I find that the battery suddenly dropped from 70+ charged to zero virtually instantly. This morning it happened twice. I actually have a photo of the battery check display, it is driving me nuts.

I must add that this device is a replacement one. My original one, which I used for almost 17 months, had to be replaced when the USB port started malfunctioning, wouldn't charge or allow data transfer.
    01-08-18 11:13 AM
    If a recent replacement and under warranty... I'd return it.

Some have had this issue and replaced the battery, other found it was the charging module that was an issue and they isn't as easy to replace.

Could rule out software by doing a Factory Reset... and not restoring data.
    01-08-18 11:52 AM
    Have you diagnosed any apps acting crazy or checked the battery status with BlackBerry Virtual Expert? Just because it's a replacement doesn't mean it's not subject to issues as well.
    01-08-18 11:53 AM
    I have been getting a total run around.

I could not buy the original phone directly from either BB or T-Mobile when I purchased it in April 2016, I bought it at Best Buy. Now BB directly will not even work with me on the problem because of that. Tmobile, my cell vendor, didn't have a contract for the device, they said they would be the intermediary for me with Blackberry but since the contract is not with them, they cannot offer me a replacement device. I have a current contract with Blackberrycare, they replaced the original device that was acting up, in October, this is the "new" device that they sent which is now acting up. BlackberryCare has said it will replace the device but "cannot locate" a replacement.

I offered to pay for an upgrade to the Keyone, but no one seems to be able to do that. At this point, I am getting so frustrated that I am almost ready to join the league of people who have abandoned Blackberry equipment.

Yes, I did a factory reset and that made no difference, I did reload the apps and no change , for better or worse. When I look at the battery app, I see that the battery appears to suddenly totally discharge, from whatever percent charged, to zero in an instant. I do have a photo I took, but have no idea how to add that to this message.

Why does my Priv suddenly discharge its battery?-ads_4293.jpg
    01-10-18 05:23 PM
    I just ran the Blackberry Virtual Expert and it says battery 97% charged, health good. current 16 mA
    01-10-18 05:30 PM
    How do I see if an app is causing the problem? The problem seems random, sometimes when on email through BB Hub, sometimes when on Chrome, sometimes while on the phone itself.
    01-10-18 05:34 PM
    How do I see if an app is causing the problem? The problem seems random, sometimes when on email through BB Hub, sometimes when on Chrome, sometimes while on the phone itself.
    It wold be difficult.... but generally I'd expect it to be a 3rd party app.

Really the simplest thing to do is a Factory Reset (no restore), and then test the phone for a couple of days without adding any apps. If all is good slowly add your apps. If not it's probable the hardware.

If you have paid for BlackberryCare.... they should have a solution, if you keep pressing them.
    01-12-18 08:52 AM
    BlackberryCare says they are searching for a replacement phone. I did a reset and found that it is Chrome that seems to cause the biggest problem. Is there any way to defeat that? It is auto-loaded as part of the factory programs.
    01-12-18 11:18 AM
    BlackberryCare says they are searching for a replacement phone. I did a reset and found that it is Chrome that seems to cause the biggest problem. Is there any way to defeat that? It is auto-loaded as part of the factory programs.
    If you go into settings > apps and look at Chrome, is there a disable option?
    01-12-18 11:51 AM
    yes there is, but if I disable it, then what should I use for searching the net? Why was it not a problem with my first handset?
    01-12-18 12:05 PM
    Firefox has become a good and fast option again
    01-13-18 02:47 AM