Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    So, my Priv started acting up with its' battery:
    Not charging when connected to the wall socket With Its Charger.
    When it connects to the wall socket it indicates, "Connected via USB"
    Thanks to the forum, I managed to address the issue by hard reset "The 32 secs power-button-hold, briefly.
    The issue has seemed to worsen now though, the device doesn't charge AT ALL. Unless, it's Off. But still with this, it still " Stops Charging" occasionally.

I'm now thinking of downgrading to Marshmallow, if it will resolve the issue.
    Last edited by 0731545696 Shiks; 09-25-17 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Grammatical error
    09-25-17 12:00 PM
    charging when off it means phone hardware it's fine ,your charger or cable might not deliver the required amps
    0731545696 Shiks and Wezard like this.
    09-25-17 02:43 PM
    Does your not charge at all when on, or does it start charging. Mine will start charging but eventually overheats and stops or just doesn't charge as fast as its discharging so it ends up with a lower battery by morning.
    10-06-17 08:48 AM
    This is the correct answer. (baring some really rare, oddball hardware problem, prob not the case)
    charging when off it means phone hardware it's fine ,your charger or cable might not deliver the required amps
    Your external part of the charge circuit consists of two hardware pieces, charge block and cable both of which are subject to failure or under performance. Under or slow charging is more likely to be the cable, they degrade with time and flexing. The charge block usually either works properly or doesn't work at all. Note that I said usually, not always.

There are also 4 usb connectors involved, one on phone, one on charge block and 2 on cable. Any of these could be dirty, worn or bent. Try using some canned air to blow out all 4. The higher voltage AC connection in the wall is very, very seldom a problem, but it is a possibility however slim the odds are are.

If you have problems with battery duration in general, then what ever app or process that is using battery is also siphoning off a percentage of would otherwise be going to charge battery.

Try a good quality QC2, (or QC3) charger and a good, new cable. As a general rule, the thicker, shorter, heavier and more expensive the cable, the better it is. That 3 pack of 10 foot cables you bought at WalMart for $1.98 prob aren't doing you any favors.
    The Amazon Basic's cables are actually quite good, and reasonably priced, no idea who makes them for Amazon.
    -- Entirely different, and non related subject, my wife bought a big pack of Amazons AA batteries about a year ago. They seem to be every bit as good as the Duracells that cost 3 to 4 times as much.
    10-07-17 06:05 AM