Seems like BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile doesn't agree with you or your strategy. Perhaps you should contact TCL BlackBerry Mobile, submit your resume and then once you replace current executives, you can laugh at the rest of us dummies.
    Seems like the Market doesn't agree with Blackberry's mobile Strategy... Badum Tssss....

I guess you have to wait until they sell Zero smartphones and close doors for good to understand "oh dear, that strategy didn't work, what a shame... maybe we should have had a look to what competitors were doing"
    04-24-17 05:17 AM
    The only CRM BB does is for large customers, 100's of device type customers. I agree, it's a very bad strategy, but it's been that way for years, and I don't expect it to change.
    I still think we will get Nougat, if only because BB is still selling the device. But I don't expect BB to hire additional resources, or pay OT to existing resources to make it happen. Whatever tracks BB has planned will proceed, DTEK and K1 resources will not be diverted to the Priv. If problems arise with the DTEK's and or K1, they will most likely divert Priv resources.
    If BB stops selling the Priv before Nougat is released for it, then I'll concede that we prob won't get it. Nothing you or I, or anybody else here can do about it, except cry in our milk, or beer.
    When the Priv's are gone, BB will no longer be selling phones, they have already shut the doors on mobile hardware, just haven't locked them yet.
    04-24-17 06:50 AM
    IMO, I don't think they will announce anything about Dteks and Priv's getting Nougat because they would want any sales to be cannibalized from the KeyOne.

If Chen comes out and says that the Dteks and Priv's are getting Nougat, it could potentially hold back hundreds/thousands of people from buying the KeyOne close to launch.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    04-24-17 07:09 AM
    IMO, I don't think they will announce anything
    BlackBerry doesn't announce or communicate much of anything. To be fair, the other manufacturers aren't a whole lot better.

I do agree with you, except I would change part of it to "hold back dozens/hundreds".
    04-24-17 07:47 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't announce or communicate much of anything. To be fair, the other manufacturers aren't a whole lot better.

I do agree with you, except I would change part of it to "hold back dozens/hundreds".
    I was going to go the "dozens/hundreds" route, but I didn't want to look petty lol

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    Wezard likes this.
    04-24-17 08:06 AM
    Since BB no longer sells the Priv in N Ameriaca, I'm a lot less confidant that we will get Nougat.
    05-06-17 08:49 AM
    At least with Apple you know what you're getting. I have a 6 year old iPad that is still getting OS updates! And it keeps getting better with each one.
    Uzi, FF22 and Joao Oliveira like this.
    05-06-17 10:45 AM
    hahaha you what mate? my ipad 2 began slowing down to a crawl a year after i bought it with the newest updates and from what i have seen with family members' apple devices this has not gotten better. that's the worst example of device support possible. newest ios runs like **** on the old devices (most likely on purpose)
    05-06-17 02:29 PM
    hahaha you what mate? my ipad 2 began slowing down to a crawl a year after i bought it with the newest updates and from what i have seen with family members' apple devices this has not gotten better. that's the worst example of device support possible. newest ios runs like **** on the old devices (most likely on purpose)
    I can't speak for the iPad 2. My iPad 4th generation (the retina one) has the latest iOS version and it's as fast as it ever was.
    05-06-17 03:32 PM
    We're going to get N. It's going to happen. We're just not going to get it in all likelihood until KeyOne has been out in N. A. For 30-60 days.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-06-17 06:18 PM
    We're going to get N. It's going to happen. We're just not going to get it in all likelihood until KeyOne has been out in N. A. For 30-60 days.
    We all want to believe this, but we haven't seen much reassuring evidence.
    Joao Oliveira and FF22 like this.
    05-06-17 09:20 PM
    At least with Apple you know what you're getting. I have a 6 year old iPad that is still getting OS updates! And it keeps getting better with each one.
    If theh KeyOne is the last pkb Blackberry, iPhone is my next phone
    05-07-17 05:46 AM
    If theh KeyOne is the last pkb Blackberry, iPhone is my next phone
    The Priv/Dteks were the last phones from BlackBerry.

The KeyOne is the first from BlackBerry Mobile. It's an entirely new company and this is their first phone.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    05-07-17 09:59 AM
    I can't speak for the iPad 2. My iPad 4th generation (the retina one) has the latest iOS version and it's as fast as it ever was.
    This is the reason that I don't like android. If Priv misses out on nougat I'll be a bit ticked since it's capable.. IPhones get supported for years and years until they just can't keeping up with the times
    Joao Oliveira and pittster like this.
    05-09-17 04:12 AM
    This is the reason that I don't like android. If Priv misses out on nougat I'll be a bit ticked since it's capable.. IPhones get supported for years and years until they just can't keeping up with the times
    It's easy to give support for that long when your "biggest OS release ever" is not much more than a Message app update and an emoji pack. https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=tFGMliLA
    The only very noticeable difference after updating iPhone 6 from iOS9 to iOS10 was just how much worse performance became, multitude of bugs, lags everywhere, app and even system crashes (actual "random" reboots) upon opening iMessages etc.

Anyway, I'd rather not have updates at all than have that kind of updates. Besides, Android is so much ahead of iOS feature-wise that the comparison barely makes sense.
    05-09-17 04:57 AM
    Even $50 would be a deal.
    05-10-17 12:31 PM
    It's easy to give support for that long when your "biggest OS release ever" is not much more than a Message app update and an emoji pack. https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=gIXUas97
    The only very noticeable difference after updating iPhone 6 from iOS9 to iOS10 was just how much worse performance became, multitude of bugs, lags everywhere, app and even system crashes (actual "random" reboots) upon opening iMessages etc.

Anyway, I'd rather not have updates at all than have that kind of updates. Besides, Android is so much ahead of iOS feature-wise that the comparison barely makes sense.
    When my passport had to go almost 2 months for warranty, I picked up a spare iphone4 (non-S) that was 5 years old at the time. Well, it wasn't fast by any means and battery went by very fast in anything other than stand by... But man, I don't remember having to reboot that thing, it was a very reliable and usable phone at the very end if it's life cycle.

I have to reboot my priv all the time. any 2 year old iphone (iphone 6) would run rings around any 2 year old Android. iOS is a lot smoother and reliable... Of course you pay that reliability by having a more closed and les customizable OS
    bibbula likes this.
    05-10-17 04:21 PM
    When my passport had to go almost 2 months for warranty, I picked up a spare iphone4 (non-S) that was 5 years old at the time. Well, it wasn't fast by any means and battery went by very fast in anything other than stand by... But man, I don't remember having to reboot that thing, it was a very reliable and usable phone at the very end if it's life cycle.

I have to reboot my priv all the time. any 2 year old iphone (iphone 6) would run rings around any 2 year old Android. iOS is a lot smoother and reliable... Of course you pay that reliability by having a more closed and les customizable OS
    Yep. There are advantages and disadvantages for every OS. BB10 is a powerful secure OS but it's Security makes it harder to develop an app than do the other two. Apple has a closed garden that you pay thru the nose for and limits your NFC and other functions. Android is highly customizable but has been fragmented and usually is susceptible to hacks. You just have to pick your poison and decide what works best for you.
    bibbula likes this.
    05-10-17 05:17 PM
    But man, I don't remember having to reboot that thing, it was a very reliable and usable phone at the very end if it's life cycle.
    I don't remember having to reboot my Priv, or my previous phone, THL 5000 in its >2 years career. I guess, in total, it was booted up 5-10 times in that period, a few times because of system updates and the others in the extremely rare occasion when I would manage to drain its entire 5000 mAh battery after 2.5-3 days of usage. Unlike iPhones, where I'd see random reboots and the whole system not wanting to launch anything and requiring a reboot to start functioning again, at least on a bi-monthly basis. And that despite the fact that it wasn't my phone, but my wife's, so I'd see that in the few hours after work or on weekends.

Why do you have to reboot your Priv all the time? It can run from update to update with no problems whatsoever.
    Priv runs circles around the iPhone 6, that's for sure. Especially battery life-wise. Reliability, no... That's just a myth now. Even the research from the past year or two state that there are more crashes on iOS. Despite the fact that those are only very high-end devices, closed system blabla and Androids come in a variety of "flavors" and prices from 10-1000 $ from probably more than 100 manufacturers.
    2016Q2: Apple's iOS 'Failure Rate' Is Higher Than Android's For First Time | Fortune.com
    2016Q3: New study finds iPhones fail far more often than Android devices – BGR
    2016Q4: Apple’s iPhones weighed down by high failure rates last year | GulfNews.com

That's three quarters in a row of more "failures" than on Android. iOS used to be nice stable system, but Android has obviously really surpassed it on that front.

Btw, for those of you who swear by the "BlackBerry poor RAM management all memory consumed phone laggy" nonsense... I accidentally stumbled upon this last night. No problems whatsoever, no redraws, no lags, just running normally.
    Why do you expect a Nougat update?-screenshot_20170510-210731.jpg
    Last edited by Mirko935; 05-11-17 at 02:18 AM.
    05-11-17 02:07 AM
    I don't remember having to reboot my Priv, or my previous phone, THL 5000 in its >2 years career. I guess, in total, it was booted up 5-10 times in that period, a few times because of system updates and the others in the extremely rare occasion when I would manage to drain its entire 5000 mAh battery after 2.5-3 days of usage. Unlike iPhones, where I'd see random reboots and the whole system not wanting to launch anything and requiring a reboot to start functioning again, at least on a bi-monthly basis. And that despite the fact that it wasn't my phone, but my wife's, so I'd see that in the few hours after work or on weekends.

Why do you have to reboot your Priv all the time? It can run from update to update with no problems whatsoever.
    Priv runs circles around the iPhone 6, that's for sure. Especially battery life-wise. Reliability, no... That's just a myth now. Even the research from the past year or two state that there are more crashes on iOS. Despite the fact that those are only very high-end devices, closed system blabla and Androids come in a variety of "flavors" and prices from 10-1000 $ from probably more than 100 manufacturers.
    2016Q2: Apple's iOS 'Failure Rate' Is Higher Than Android's For First Time | Fortune.com
    2016Q3: New study finds iPhones fail far more often than Android devices – BGR
    2016Q4: Apple’s iPhones weighed down by high failure rates last year | GulfNews.com

That's three quarters in a row of more "failures" than on Android. iOS used to be nice stable system, but Android has obviously really surpassed it on that front.

Btw, for those of you who swear by the "BlackBerry poor RAM management all memory consumed phone laggy" nonsense... I accidentally stumbled upon this last night. No problems whatsoever, no redraws, no lags, just running normally.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170510-210731.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	422946
    I reboot my priv (like most people that complain about the same thing in Android) because it becomes laggy or there are functions that simply don't work properly (GPS).

These "have to reboot every week" is more than well documented all over Android forums over the years. It's has benn pretty much established that Android isn't as optimized as iOS, despite android fanboys still claiming that's not true...

No BS as having to clear cache from time to time and things like that.

I know, you're going o say "oh but my Android never lags bla bla bla..." .. Yeah, I'm sick of that BS conversation, i've been hearing that since Android launched, yet, every year new more powerfull and optimized Android/OS phones launch and "oh, this phone is much smoother and less lag and quick bla bla bla... I just ask, how can it be smoother and lagg less when Android fanbase claimed that their phones don't lag? lol

And this gets to your point that "IOS realeses only add a few functionalities", wich is true, because they have been very optimized for years, there's not much polish to do when it comes to performance
    05-12-17 02:10 PM
    It's industry standard to keep devices updated. If BlackBerry doesn't update the priv to nougat, I'm out.
    Even though BlackBerry 10 had shortcoming, every single device was kept updated until they couldn't do it anymore. That's why I paid a premium for BlackBerry. That's why people pay a premium for a nexus or pixel, and thats why people pay a premium for iPhone.
    05-12-17 02:13 PM
    It's industry standard to keep devices updated. If BlackBerry doesn't update the priv to nougat, I'm out.
    Even though BlackBerry 10 had shortcoming, every single device was kept updated until they couldn't do it anymore. That's why I paid a premium for BlackBerry. That's why people pay a premium for a nexus or pixel, and thats why people pay a premium for iPhone.
    People pay a premium for an iPhone because that's the only phone that can run iOS commercially. If you want iOS and a phone, you have one option. The iPhone.
    bibbula likes this.
    05-12-17 02:34 PM
    I reboot my priv (like most people that complain about the same thing in Android) because it becomes laggy or there are functions that simply don't work properly (GPS).

These "have to reboot every week" is more than well documented all over Android forums over the years. It's has benn pretty much established that Android isn't as optimized as iOS, despite android fanboys still claiming that's not true...

No BS as having to clear cache from time to time and things like that.

I know, you're going o say "oh but my Android never lags bla bla bla..." .. Yeah, I'm sick of that BS conversation, i've been hearing that since Android launched, yet, every year new more powerfull and optimized Android/OS phones launch and "oh, this phone is much smoother and less lag and quick bla bla bla... I just ask, how can it be smoother and lagg less when Android fanbase claimed that their phones don't lag? lol

And this gets to your point that "IOS realeses only add a few functionalities", wich is true, because they have been very optimized for years, there's not much polish to do when it comes to performance
    GPS works great for me... Must be user error.

Same with having to reboot and whatnot.

Btw,
    Actually, Android IS optimized - Gary explains - Android Authority
    05-12-17 03:03 PM
    My wife has been using iPhones for the last 5 or so years, one personal and one corp., both of hers, (several different itterations, all current at the time) lock up, freeze or random reboot on their own fairly regularly. Every other week at least.
    My Priv has done so twice in the almost 2 years since it got Marshmallow.
    I do reboot whenever a bunch of apps update at the same time, and I do it a couple hours after any security update is completely finished.

iOS and BB10 were / are smoother because Apple and BB had complete control over everything, including the hardware.

Android may be 'optimized', but each manufacturer has to, (or really should) further optimize it for each hardware combination, and, any software modifications they might make, (touch wiz, Detek, etc).
    05-13-17 06:02 AM
    GPS works great for me... Must be user error.

Same with having to reboot and whatnot.

Btw,
    Actually, Android IS optimized - Gary explains - Android Authority
    lol... "user error", what a rubish comment... because someone needs an IT qualification to run Google maps, Somehow I reboot the phone, open the app (the exact same way) and it works properly, yeah, user error.... if you want to call me stupid go ahead, no need to do those half brained comments.

I'm glad you're one of those "blessed android gods" that has a fault free phone that never lags... There's the problem of Android, not everybody has the luck to get a "blessed" Android. Mine is the non-blessed model unfortunately

See you in a couple of months saying that your brand new phone outperforms your previous "perfect fault free phone"
    bibbula likes this.
    05-13-17 07:45 AM
55 123