Text message notifications come instantly to SMS app, but take up to 5 minutes to reach the hub. This results in misleading double notifications, and makes using the Hub painful.
    11-10-15 12:28 PM
    The double notifications will be something BB has to work out. The android notifications work flawlessly on my android phone
    11-10-15 01:09 PM
    I have the same problem. It takes about 5 minutes for the Hub to register new incoming text messages.
    11-10-15 03:11 PM
    Text message notifications come instantly to SMS app, but take up to 5 minutes to reach the hub. This results in misleading double notifications, and makes using the Hub painful.
    When you say double notifications can you expand a bit on what you mean? The BlackBerry Hub on Android doesn't actually post any notifications in the tray for SMS messages. Or are you referencing the splat icons in Hub / on the Hub icon?

With the delay you guys are noticing, is your device still in the process of syncing email/folders currently? We're investigating some delays currently that seem to be caused by sync of a huge amount of data.

If you're willing, it would be great if you could PM me and we can put you in touch quickly with our customer support team to gather logs and get this resolved once and for all.
    Camelhmpz, nokia4life and SDTRMG like this.
    11-12-15 10:50 AM
    Strange. My Hub text notifications come at the same time as those in my messenger app. Have you noticed that everything is up to date in the Play Store?

Posted via the BlackBerry Venice
    11-12-15 11:49 AM
    I'm talking about the audible alerts (Sorry I guess these are not "notifications" in the strict sense), and yes, as far as I know everything is up to date. This was not my phone, but a business associate who has since sold his Priv. Being an Android guy he couldn't see the point of the Hub, turned it off because of this delay, and then concluded it was just another Android that was "bigger, uglier and heavier" than what he already had. He really wanted to give BB a try since we are in Waterloo and know many BB people. He's waiting till bugs are worked out and BB comes out with an all-touch.

Personally I'm a BB10 (Z10) guy and would be willing to give the Priv the benefit of the doubt, but am in no hurry to make the move.
    11-12-15 02:53 PM
    I'm talking about the audible alerts (Sorry I guess these are not "notifications" in the strict sense), and yes, as far as I know everything is up to date. This was not my phone, but a business associate who has since sold his Priv. Being an Android guy he couldn't see the point of the Hub, turned it off because of this delay, and then concluded it was just another Android that was "bigger, uglier and heavier" than what he already had. He really wanted to give BB a try since we are in Waterloo and know many BB people. He's waiting till bugs are worked out and BB comes out with an all-touch.

Personally I'm a BB10 (Z10) guy and would be willing to give the Priv the benefit of the doubt, but am in no hurry to make the move.
    Interesting. I'm not sure what those audible alerts would have been from. Hub specifically doesn't double notify for content like text messages to avoid the weird doubling up. Wonder what would have been causing it.
    11-12-15 10:59 PM
    When I send or receive a text it is instantly in the hub. Have you guys gone and updated on google play store yet?
    11-15-15 10:03 AM
    Not having that issue

Posted via the Crackberry Blackberry Priv
    11-15-15 10:07 AM