Hi everyone,
    It's my first post here so let me know if anything need to be change:

I work in an IT company and one of my client bought a Blackberry Priv a few months ago. Everything is working fine on the phone but when I synchronize the contacts from his exchange account the contacts app keep crashing (he have over 8000 contacts). The blackberry support made me try a few things without success:
    -Import contact from a CSV
    -Force stop the app, remove the account from the phone, clear data and cache on contacts app and update it, sync the contact again

Finally I installed a third party app and sync his contact in it and it's working fine this way but he would really like to be able to work with the real contacts app.
    Thanks for your help
    04-05-16 09:01 AM
    First of all, welcome to Crackberry!

Secondly I would recommend that you repost this to AndroidCentral as the members there should be able to assist you a bit better rather than here because this is an android OS issue not a BB OS issue.

Thirdly before you repost this, did you by any chance get the logs from the exchange service-side logs?

If not here are the instructions from MS-Exchange contacts are not synching even though mail and calendar syncs fine - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange and scroll down a little bit to the answer.

Good luck!
    andy957 likes this.
    04-05-16 09:36 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for the fast reply, your right I will try to open a case on android central.
    For the logs I will try to take a look next time I go there but I don't think the problem is there because the contacts actually sync. Sometimes if I let the app run for a long time I can get in it long enough to see that the contact are there.
    04-05-16 09:46 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for the fast reply, your right I will try to open a case on android central.
    For the logs I will try to take a look next time I go there but I don't think the problem is there because the contacts actually sync. Sometimes if I let the app run for a long time I can get in it long enough to see that the contact are there.
    The app is crashing when you attempt to open it from the home screen? Can you clarify when exactly it's crashing?
    04-06-16 11:48 AM
    When I try to open the contacts from anywhere it's always doing the same thing: The app open but I can't see anything and after a while i got a message that the app don't respond. If I click on wait It still does the same thing but sometimes after the third attempt the contacts appear but it's lagging and stop responding if I try to scroll down.
    04-07-16 07:10 AM
    How many contacts do you have? Did it ever work or is this on a new Priv where you just moved the contacts?

Maybe there's bad data in one or more contacts. How did you copy/move the Contacts to your Priv?

Maybe if you erase them all and move them again?
    04-07-16 09:06 AM
    My client replaced his old blackberry with the Priv so it's a new one, he have over 8000 contacts and I syncronized them from exchange since he want them to be up to date with his outlook.
    The contact work fine on his other one so the trouble really seems to be with the phone.
    I already erase them and clear all data and cache on the app before to sync them again with the same results.
    04-07-16 09:17 AM
    Let's see what c-bryant might suggest.
    04-07-16 09:30 AM
    I'm following up with the team. Doesn't sound like it's crashing, sounds more like the app is just not responding (still definitely not good).

Kevin - If you could take logs for me I'd appreciate it.

1) First go into system settings -- About Phone and tap the “Build Number” field a bunch of times. This will enable developer mode.
    2)Go back to the main settings menu and you should see “Developer options” above about phone item – tap this.
    3) There should be a toggle in there for “Bug report shortcut” – please turn this on. You may need to restart your device for this to take effect. You may also need to turn on USB Debugging.

Reproduce the issue(s) you are seeing – immediately after reproducing the issue, proceed with the below.

1) Hold Power button
    2) Choose create bug report (The lights will flash)
    3) Once the bug report is created, a notification shows in the shade
    4) They click on that, and choose how you want to share - typically best if you upload to Google Drive, or some other cloud provider to save it, and then share the .txt output back to me via PM
    FF22 likes this.
    04-07-16 11:33 AM
    First of all, welcome to Crackberry!

Secondly I would recommend that you repost this to AndroidCentral as the members there should be able to assist you a bit better rather than here because this is an android OS issue not a BB OS issue.

Thirdly before you repost this, did you by any chance get the logs from the exchange service-side logs?

If not here are the instructions from MS-Exchange contacts are not synching even though mail and calendar syncs fine - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange and scroll down a little bit to the answer.

Good luck!
    This is absolutely, without question, a BlackBerry issue. The fact that the device is working fine with another contacts app means this is undeniably related to the BlackBerry Contacts app.

Did you actually read the OP?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-09-16 11:15 AM
    I'm following up with the team. Doesn't sound like it's crashing, sounds more like the app is just not responding (still definitely not good).

Kevin - If you could take logs for me I'd appreciate it.

1) First go into system settings -- About Phone and tap the �Build Number� field a bunch of times. This will enable developer mode.
    2)Go back to the main settings menu and you should see �Developer options� above about phone item � tap this.
    3) There should be a toggle in there for �Bug report shortcut� � please turn this on. You may need to restart your device for this to take effect. You may also need to turn on USB Debugging.

Reproduce the issue(s) you are seeing � immediately after reproducing the issue, proceed with the below.

1) Hold Power button
    2) Choose create bug report (The lights will flash)
    3) Once the bug report is created, a notification shows in the shade
    4) They click on that, and choose how you want to share - typically best if you upload to Google Drive, or some other cloud provider to save it, and then share the .txt output back to me via PM
    Hey I don't claim to know this is the problem but I believe it to possibly be similar to my issue.
    I have a Nvidia Shield Tablet and I had BlackBullet bundle installed on both. I was using one of the bundled apps that took a snapshot using the front facing camera of my Passport every time someone unlocked it and uploaded the pics online. On the Tablet you could open the Sam app and download and view all the snapshots. Now this worked fine cause I used my tablet every day but when I went away for a week there were a lot of pictures that had been stored. Once I returned from the vacation I tried to use my tablet and opened the said app and it went crazy. It crashed and rebooted and heated up. I had to delete all the photos online first and then it was ok. I also decided to delete the app for I did not want to deal with that every time I went away.

The problem I believe was that there was too much information being downloaded and the app or device did not know how to handle that much at once.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 12:35 PM
    Hi,
    My client is out of town for a few day but I will try to get the log for you when he come back.
    Than you
    04-11-16 08:04 AM
    My case with the support has been updated and the problem really seems to be on there side so I just need to wait for the next update. Here is the answer i got: "This item has been with development team and is being taken very seriously and fix is being pushed to be included in the next update. It looks like it is targeted for the July release, but we cannot guarantee that."
    Thank you for your help with my problem
    04-22-16 03:25 PM
    My contact app crashes quite often as well and has a lot of lag in it. I just chalked it up to having over a 1000 in there
    04-22-16 04:21 PM
    My case with the support has been updated and the problem really seems to be on there side so I just need to wait for the next update. Here is the answer i got: "This item has been with development team and is being taken very seriously and fix is being pushed to be included in the next update. It looks like it is targeted for the July release, but we cannot guarantee that."
    Absolutely pathetic response.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    04-23-16 09:29 AM
    Unbelievable!

And this from a company whose chief clown fancies himself as a software superhero!
    04-23-16 09:35 AM
    Hi Keaven - Sorry for the delay in response...just getting back from vacation and discussing with the engineering team again today. What 3rd party app did you download by chance that seemed to sync fine with your contacts? We're trying to get a fix in for the soonest possible release, but we haven't nailed down what the underlying root cause is yet.
    04-28-16 01:27 PM
    04-28-16 03:40 PM
    I havent wrote on here for a long time because nothing has change on this case. My client was still working with the third party app and even after a few updates on the contact app it kept crashing.
    My client just bought the new blackberry Dtek50 and as soon as I synchronized a few thousand of his contact the app start crashing like on the other one.
    I will probably try to open a case again with the support, i'll let you know if something change.
    Thank you
    09-14-16 11:30 AM
    I had the same issue when I tried to add a new contact. Uninstalling updates under apps worked for me. I was able to add again without the app stopping.
    05-16-17 09:45 AM