It's a BlackBerry patent and apple is using it. Why didn't they just sue apple or are they waiting for their numbers to come out first? We could really use a better marketing team with that money.

We will just ask for apples marketing team instead of money. I could already imagine:
    "This is the best BlackBerry yet!"
    "Revolutionary!"
    "If it's not a BlackBerry, it's not a BlackBerry!"
    "There's blackberry, and then everything else"
    "I'm a blackberry. And I'm a windows phone"

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 02:47 AM
    Because they need to keep it simple, one of the complaints from the general public is that the "learning curve "with BB10 was steep . So they are going to dumb it down.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 03:14 AM
    Your whole lawsuit theory depends on the premise that Apple is using exactly the same tech as described in BB's patent. If it isn't, BlackBerry has no case. Remember, you can't patent an idea, only an implementation of an idea.
    app_Developer and LazyEvul like this.
    10-31-15 03:15 AM
    Because they need to keep it simple, one of the complaints from the general public is that the "learning curve "with BB10 was steep . So they are going to dumb it down.

Posted via CB10
    Bb10 is so easy to learn. I've gone from android to BlackBerry to android and back to BlackBerry. Android has a huge learning curve because they have so many unnecessary features that are very easy to forget. It's why their battery drains so fast especially with all the 3rd party apps. Bb10 is simple, the only real thing you have to get used to is the hub and the swipe up to wake the phone up and close apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 03:18 AM
    Bb10 is so easy to learn. I've gone from android to BlackBerry to android and back to BlackBerry. Android has a huge learning curve because they have so many unnecessary features that are very easy to forget. It's why their battery drains so fast especially with all the 3rd party apps. Bb10 is simple, the only real thing you have to get used to is the hub and the swipe up to wake the phone up and close apps.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you 100%, however the propaganda was that BlackBerry 10 was "difficult ". We know that it is fluid. It's the" Tech sites" that perpetrated and perpetuated this lie.

Posted via CB10
    eggman1987 and Lusitano17 like this.
    10-31-15 03:25 AM
    Mainly because 'force touch' is just another of Apple's marketing terms for haptic touch which has been around for quite awhile under different techniques.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 06:50 AM
    Why would Blackberry sue when they can license?
    10-31-15 10:17 AM
    force touch/3d touch is nowhere close to anything BB has done. Its not the same as with the storm at all.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    10-31-15 10:28 AM
    I'm sure it was never a consideration since this is something that would have to be supported at the OS level and then have to be designed into the hardware. I'm sure that Google will come up with their own version of what the OS does and then it will be up to the hardware manufacturers to implement the technology. At this point, BlackBerry certainly doesn't have the ability to change the Android UI at that level and probably doesn't have control over the hardware design at such a low level - not if John Chen outsourced what he said he was going to do regarding the design and manufacturing of the handsets.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    10-31-15 11:18 AM
    Why would Blackberry sue when they can license?
    Like the OP, you're assuming that Apple's implementation is anything close to what's described in BB's patent.
    10-31-15 11:23 AM
    Like the OP, you're assuming that Apple's implementation is anything close to what's described in BB's patent.
    True but assuming it was, why sue?
    I rrealise that it isnt, having seen it in real life. It's also a bit fiddly to use.
    10-31-15 11:36 AM
    Didn't Apple just patent this feature?

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    10-31-15 11:57 AM
    I agree with you 100%, however the propaganda was that BlackBerry 10 was "difficult ". We know that it is fluid. It's the" Tech sites" that perpetrated and perpetuated this lie.

Posted via CB10
    Don't know if this is an urban legend but I read somewhere that IOS originally had swipe gestures but during test marketing the majority of the testers complained that it was too confusing for them to use so Apple "dumbed" down the final release of IOS that eliminated swipe gestures and other advance features.
    10-31-15 01:00 PM
    Because it's not a Blackberry patent and nothing like what the POS Storm offered.
    10-31-15 01:17 PM
    Mainly because 'force touch' is just another of Apple's marketing terms for haptic touch which has been around for quite awhile under different techniques.

Posted via CB10
    No, force touch itself is not haptic touch at all. You can turn off the feedback and you still get the differentiated touch.

It's not about haptic feedback, it's about developers knowing how hard the user is pressing the screen.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 10-31-15 at 02:04 PM.
    10-31-15 01:17 PM
    Don't know if this is an urban legend but I read somewhere that IOS originally had swipe gestures but during test marketing the majority of the testers complained that it was too confusing for them to use so Apple "dumbed" down the final release of IOS that eliminated swipe gestures and other advance features.
    That's how Apple literally killed every smartphone company that existed when the iPhone launched. They made a smartphone that most anyone with a mobile phone could use. However, they quickly expanded and facilitated the app ecosystem so that developers could bring additional specialized functionality to the user experience. BB10 fans look at the OS in isolation but that's not how the users experience it. They experience the ecosystem as soon as an app is downloaded.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    10-31-15 01:41 PM