Hello,
    My icloud email suddenly stopped working yesterday. It says "Your account (my me.com email address) can't be authenticated. Update your account settings and try again."

After changing my password and settings through the Apple website, I tried again manually setting it up using the procedures (i.e. removing me.com for user id and putting imap.mail.me.com etc.) that others have done that I've found on this forum and it still gives me the pop up error message above.

HELP!

Thanks

Jon
    06-16-17 08:44 AM
    Got this email from Apple a few weeks ago.

This is a reminder that beginning on 15 June, app-specific passwords will be required to access your iCloud data using third-party apps such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, or other mail, contacts and calendar services not provided by Apple.

If you are already signed in to a third-party app using your primary Apple ID password, you will be signed out automatically when this change takes effect. You will need to generate an app-specific password and sign in again.

To generate an app-specific password, turn on two-factor authentication for your Apple ID and then follow the instructions below:

• Sign in to your Apple ID account page (https://appleid.apple.com)
    • Go to App-Specific Passwords under Security
    • Click Generate Password

For more information, read Using App-Specific Passwords. If you need additional help, visit Apple Support.

Sincerely,

Apple Support
    Ecm, FF22 and Geoaltanis like this.
    06-16-17 09:06 AM
    Make sure you create a password for each App. I originally setup my me address from within the hub, then I had to create a caldav account in the calendar, we'll that had to be two passwords.

I ended up deleting all me accounts, went into android settings/accounts and created a BlackBerry Hub+ account for the @me address. This worked as it should, one password and got email, calendar and contacts.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-16-17 05:06 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I created an app specific password. It works for a few hours, but then I get the same message after a few hours. When I go into my account settings, the password is blank. I re-enter the app specific password, and it validates the account. Then it works for a while, but the issue repeats. Any thoughts?
    06-18-17 05:28 PM
    In my case (BB os 10) passwords are accepted and maintained .. but if I insert a new event or new contact on device, they are not synchronized with the cloud (same thing if I create a new contact or a new event on Mac / ICloud, are not synchronized to my device)
    06-21-17 02:08 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I created an app specific password. It works for a few hours, but then I get the same message after a few hours. When I go into my account settings, the password is blank. I re-enter the app specific password, and it validates the account. Then it works for a while, but the issue repeats. Any thoughts?
    Had that happen to me 24hrs after I created an app specific password for Outlook. I deleted that app specific password and created a new one and it has been fine since.
    06-22-17 07:48 AM
    Thanks y1ppi. I followed the process and have successfully got my calendar back up and running. So frustrating. So happy now. Somethings it is the small things.
    11-06-17 10:06 AM