hi everyone,
    I bought my priv from shop blackberry (unlocked) and im using it with a T-Mobile simcard. recently I have realized that I cant send mms and im also having trouble receiving some (.gif)
    what should I do?
    (also the problem isn't from my plan)
    04-09-16 01:51 PM
    It's a bug. Try a 3rd party text messaging App like textra or yaata

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    aria_ghz likes this.
    04-09-16 01:59 PM
    04-09-16 02:01 PM
    It's a bug. Try a 3rd party text messaging App like textra or yaata

yup you are right, I can send mms via textra. hope google fix this in their next messenger update
    04-09-16 02:29 PM
    my apn settings were fine
    04-09-16 02:30 PM
    yup you are right, I can send mms via textra. hope google fix this in their next messenger update
    They prob will, but then break it or something else on the following update.
    Just stick with Textra or Yaata, both are better anyway.
    grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    04-09-16 04:40 PM
    I wonder.... since Google Messenger has updated a few times since I made the switch to Textra, if they've fixed it. Then I realize that I Iike the dark theme of Textra better, and I can ignore the occasional ad.
    The problem resides in Lollipop's MMS API. It was busted from the start. Phones with OEM support and/or carrier support have been able to work around it. However, since as an OEM, BlackBerry either doesn't know how or is unwilling to work around it, you're left in the lurch. If you have a carrier Priv, simple DEMAND they make MMS work. They will.

Textra works because it uses its own MMS API (in violation of Google's rules).

Marshmallow should fix all these issues (unless, of course, BlackBerry botches it again).

That's the situation with MMS on Priv. End of story.

04-09-16 05:00 PM
    I was having the same issue. (Same scenario too... tmo sim in a shopbb Priv). I switched to textra. Switched back after I saw an update. Worked for a week or so. Then failed again. I'm probably just going to stick with textra. The only downside is that a message doesn't show as new in HUB.

04-09-16 05:02 PM
    Messenger sucks period. Just like all Android stock apps it's barebones to the max.

Textra is so much better

04-09-16 05:30 PM
    I was having the same issue. (Same scenario too... tmo sim in a shopbb Priv). I switched to textra. Switched back after I saw an update. Worked for a week or so. Then failed again. I'm probably just going to stick with textra. The only downside is that a message doesn't show as new in HUB.

Yaata will work properly with the hub, (shows new or read). When you open a text in the hub, it opens Yaata inside the hub, and closes when you close the hub. (The other 2 may do that last bit now)

I had the same problem, no send or receive MMS, Factory unlocked on AT&T, neither messenger or Yaata worked, Textra did. This was back in Jan or maybe Dec. Couple months ago I read where Yaata would announce texts via bluetooth by name. So I tried it again, and it's been working great ever since, through several updates. No idea what changed, but I'm loving the " New message from Bubba " coming into my ear. Now if I could just figure out how to keep it from coming over the phone speaker at the same time, without turning the volume down.
    04-09-16 05:51 PM
    Yaata will work properly with the hub, (shows new or read). When you open a text in the hub, it opens Yaata inside the hub, and closes when you close the hub. (The other 2 may do that last bit now)

I had the same problem, no send or receive MMS, Factory unlocked on AT&T, neither messenger or Yaata worked, Textra did. This was back in Jan or maybe Dec. Couple months ago I read where Yaata would announce texts via bluetooth by name. So I tried it again, and it's been working great ever since, through several updates. No idea what changed, but I'm loving the " New message from Bubba " coming into my ear. Now if I could just figure out how to keep it from coming over the phone speaker at the same time, without turning the volume down.
    The Bluetooth thing has no relation to MMS working on Yaata now. One of the monthly software updates likely fixed your MMS API (for now).

MMS working or not working has NOTHING to do with which app you use, and only to do with the Lollipop API (unless you use Textra which uses its own MMS API).

04-09-16 08:52 PM
    Well regardless of why ot does or doesn't work yaata has been great and the dev is working with us on the hub. Donation sent and it's all iuse for messaging aside from BBM

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    04-09-16 09:01 PM
    The Bluetooth thing has no relation to MMS working on Yaata now. One of the monthly software updates likely fixed your MMS API (for now).

MMS working or not working has NOTHING to do with which app you use, and only to do with the Lollipop API (unless you use Textra which uses its own MMS API).

Of course bluetooth has nothing to with sending / receiving SMS / MMS. It just happened to be what prompted me to try Yaata again. I think my post was pretty clear on that point.
    I'm just reporting that does now work with my device (specified), on my carrier (specified), and has worked through several BB and Yaata updates, in case somebody else wants to try it.

Will it continue to work? I hope so, but who the hell knows what will and won't get broken with an update on Android.
    Textra is a good back up, I'll take your word as to why, cuz I've no idea.

You mentioned in another post that Marshmallow should fix the issue, if Blackberry doesn't screw it up. I'm with you on the BB screwing it up possibility. Given their history with initial releases, it's making me a little nervous.
    Last edited by Wezard; 04-10-16 at 07:23 AM.
    04-10-16 07:12 AM
    Same issue. Att unlocked Priv on Tmo. still on Lolipop. worked fine for a while then stopped send/rec MMS. Tried evolve and now using yaata. Checked the TMO APN and all looks in order. Same result on Tmo network and on WIFI. what else can I try?
    08-11-16 12:53 PM
    Same issue. Att unlocked Priv on Tmo. still on Lolipop. worked fine for a while then stopped send/rec MMS. Tried evolve and now using yaata. Checked the TMO APN and all looks in order. Same result on Tmo network and on WIFI. what else can I try?
    Having same problem on an AT&T PRIV. As far as I can gather, sending MMS is fine, but receiving fails like 95% of the time. Textra, either "system" or "legacy," seems to make no difference.

I am. I believe, on Marshmallow. Any solutions?

MMS might be the single most important feature I use the phone for, so it's pretty much completely worthless if this doesn't work.
    09-03-16 02:02 PM