I bought a 200 GB SD card for my Priv, and now every time I restart the phone, I have to reset notification sounds.
    I formatted the card using guiformat.htm on my computer, then transferred all my ringtones, sounds, etc. to the new card, but I still have to set the ringtone and notifications every time I reboot the device. Do I need to install the BB exfat file? I have ES File Explorer on my Priv now.
    This is a minor irritation, but an irritation nonetheless.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    12-04-15 10:33 AM
    I bought a 200 GB SD card for my Priv, and now every time I restart the phone, I have to reset notification sounds.
    I formatted the card using guiformat.htm on my computer, then transferred all my ringtones, sounds, etc. to the new card, but I still have to set the ringtone and notifications every time I reboot the device. Do I need to install the BB exfat file? I have ES File Explorer on my Priv now.
    This is a minor irritation, but an irritation nonetheless.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    First off, I prefer to put notification sounds on device, since they don't take up a whole lot of space
    Second off, usually you want to format SD cards on phone, not on computer. And yes, you should be using BB's exfat program
    The symptoms of losing notification are most likely due to the fact that it's not able to/or have the permission to read the SD card until you give it permission
    I believe BB's new update will fix some of that
    mathprof08 likes this.
    12-04-15 10:48 AM
    The Priv reads music, photos, etc. from the card just fine. It loses what notifications were set when I reboot. That seems to be the only issue.
    12-04-15 10:55 AM
    It could be because during boot up, the SD card is unavailable when the OS is looking up the ringtone location. Maybe the SD card initialization process takes longer with 200GB card or else the initialization process itself happens after the OS looks for ringtones. Like the masterscarhead1 said, I also have my ringtones saved to onboard memory. It does take up very little space and that will make all of your problems go away.
    Last edited by MikeRotch76; 12-07-15 at 12:45 PM. Reason: added the word COULD between it and be. Before it just read "it be becauase" LOL, I don't talk like a pirate.
    mathprof08 likes this.
    12-04-15 12:39 PM
    I second this. Move your ringtones to your device memory and reboot without any worry about your ringtones reverting to default.
    mathprof08 likes this.
    12-04-15 02:24 PM
    Moving the ringtones to the phone seems to have worked. Thanks for the help!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-04-15 09:41 PM