BlackBerry Priv will cost $720 up front at T-Mobile for its Jan. 26 launch

I personally walked into an at&t store to play with the display. It is the most gorgeous slider since Dell Venue Pro.
    It is one of its kind that needs praise. I have yet to decide if the software is okay or not.

Anyone getting this with JUmp! program or buy it up front?
    Trying to decide which is best for me.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-23-16 01:51 PM
    I'd say go with the Jump program, as it has lower entry cost?
    onysi likes this.
    01-23-16 01:52 PM
    I'm in. Between the two year or jump. Will see on Tuesday. Very excited for a new phone.

Coming from a classic

Posted via CB10
    onysi likes this.
    01-23-16 01:58 PM
    Would be on it. Left unlimited data on Verizon for AT&T and the Passport only to have AT&T increase my mobile share from 2GB to 3GB, to rollover, now doubled to 6GB with rollover until 2018 if I stay on my plan.

Don't think T-Mobile will beat that even though I'm already on a shopblackberry Priv now. Try to keep my options open. Hope T-Mobile does some promo :-)

Great device!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-23-16 08:15 PM
    As much as I want it, I'm going to try and wait to see if the price drop around mwc is worth it. I've already got a screen protector and will be buying a case soon.

Posted via CB10
    grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    01-23-16 10:54 PM
    I switched from T-Mobile to AT&T back in November for the Priv. AT&T had a $100 credit for new subscribers and a $200 trade-in (traded in an old Z10 I had lying around. Worth $0)

Now we're approaching Feb and with the $300 in credits I got, I haven't paid AT&T yet and this Priv has cost me nothing (apart from taxes).

I'll be switching back to T-Mobile on Tues as I can trade-in the AT&T Priv for their model and T-Mobile will give me $650 to pay off the AT&T contract.

It's been working well for me as long as carriers keep offering all these promos and deals. I miss the T-Mobile Uncarrier benefits! Will be glad to be back.
    diesel0110 likes this.
    01-23-16 10:55 PM
    I switched from T-Mobile to AT&T back in November for the Priv. AT&T had a $100 credit for new subscribers and a $200 trade-in (traded in an old Z10 I had lying around. Worth $0)

Now we're approaching Feb and with the $300 in credits I got, I haven't paid AT&T yet and this Priv has cost me nothing (apart from taxes).

I'll be switching back to T-Mobile on Tues as I can trade-in the AT&T Priv for their model and T-Mobile will give me $650 to pay off the AT&T contract.

It's been working well for me as long as carriers keep offering all these promos and deals. I miss the T-Mobile Uncarrier benefits! Will be glad to be back.
    Hahaha that's crazy! Way to play the system. Really interesting!

01-23-16 11:02 PM
    Follow-up on the T-Mobile Jump on Demand. I've never opted for this plan before, but I understand the Priv is $34/mo for 18 months = $612. So after $18 months do you get charged the remaining balance? Or do you still pay $34/mo until paid off? - in which case, it's not really 18mo of payments...
    01-23-16 11:06 PM
    Hahaha that's crazy! Way to play the system. Really interesting!

What's crazier is my credit union has some rewards promo with AT&T also for my debit card. If I was a new subscriber and paid my first two months of my bill with my debit card, they gave me another $100 cash back to my bank account.

I'm practically making money off of buying the Priv lol
    01-23-16 11:08 PM
    I'll be on the phone Monday making sure I can get it in store that day. Made some calls Thursday and Friday but no one knew for sure or not whether they would be getting it prior to launch day. If I have to wait until Thursday or Friday because I have to get it from the website or talk to a rep T-Mobile will be hearing a lot from me.

Funny thing is that the website has no information on the device yet, not even pre-order information.

I hope they do have some promos or something also. I already have a holster in hand and a case on order but it's coming from China.

Brought to you by a fabulous gloriously white Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2789
    01-23-16 11:19 PM
    Follow-up on the T-Mobile Jump on Demand. I've never opted for this plan before, but I understand the Priv is $34/mo for 18 months = $612. So after $18 months do you get charged the remaining balance? Or do you still pay $34/mo until paid off? - in which case, it's not really 18mo of payments...
    I messaged Tmobile about this question on twitter.. they said you can either trade it in or pay it all off, the remaining balance would only be like $120. It seems Jump! is a better deal. Just not sure if Jump! also covers damages.
    01-25-16 12:29 PM
    I'll be on the phone Monday making sure I can get it in store that day. Made some calls Thursday and Friday but no one knew for sure or not whether they would be getting it prior to launch day. If I have to wait until Thursday or Friday because I have to get it from the website or talk to a rep T-Mobile will be hearing a lot from me.

Funny thing is that the website has no information on the device yet, not even pre-order information.

I hope they do have some promos or something also. I already have a holster in hand and a case on order but it's coming from China.

Brought to you by a fabulous gloriously white Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2789
    THATS SO FUNNY.! I already ordered wireless chargers from China and a case, and the phone is coming out tomorrow.

IVe also been making calls in my area, they all said its coming out tomorrow but wouldn't tell me if they have them in stock already. I work in electronic retail and we usually get them a day or two and saved in the back. I guess theyre just following protocols. I am going to keep calling other stores tho to see whos going to crack and give me the PRiv today.
    dakid72 likes this.
    01-25-16 12:31 PM
    THATS SO FUNNY.! I already ordered wireless chargers from China and a case, and the phone is coming out tomorrow.

IVe also been making calls in my area, they all said its coming out tomorrow but wouldn't tell me if they have them in stock already. I work in electronic retail and we usually get them a day or two and saved in the back. I guess theyre just following protocols. I am going to keep calling other stores tho to see whos going to crack and give me the PRiv today.
    Yeah man, nobody wants to give out any info as to whether it is on hand or not. How can you not know if you have something in the store. I would rather not order online or have to call an operator tomorrow just to get this device. I will make sure they next day air it, charge me nothing or I bluff about JUMPing ship to someone else.
    All I want to know is they are going to have it in the morning so I can be there to pick one up, is that too much to ask?
    01-25-16 12:37 PM
    You have to pitch an actual tent outside the store and be there when they open in the morning.

01-25-16 03:46 PM
    01-25-16 04:00 PM
    $34 a month, that's more a month then any other jump on demand phone and I have been though of phones on that plan. They usually make you put down $99 for more expensive phones.
    01-25-16 04:04 PM
    Based on this I don't know anyone who's buying it on Tuesday.....

Matt: Currently we do not offer this device, but I would recommend checking the T-Mobile Newsroom regularly to stay up to date on the most recent T-Mobile news and since the Blackberry Priv is very popular right now it will be released very soon. I'm sorry but we don't have the official release date for this here in T-Mobile. I highly suggest to check our website or our newsroom from time to time.
    01-25-16 04:24 PM
    Based on this I don't know anyone who's buying it on Tuesday.....

Matt: Currently we do not offer this device, but I would recommend checking the T-Mobile Newsroom regularly to stay up to date on the most recent T-Mobile news and since the Blackberry Priv is very popular right now it will be released very soon. I'm sorry but we don't have the official release date for this here in T-Mobile. I highly suggest to check our website or our newsroom from time to time.
    Based on that I think the rep should learn how to check the newsroom before telling someone else to: http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news/priv.htm

I will be my store at 9am for this
    01-25-16 05:24 PM
    I messaged Tmobile about this question on twitter.. they said you can either trade it in or pay it all off, the remaining balance would only be like $120. It seems Jump! is a better deal. Just not sure if Jump! also covers damages.
    They will let you continue monthly payments at the end of that time so you don't have to cough it all up at once. It's a bit steep for the on demand payment but less than $5 more than my note5. Being able to switch up your phone 3 times a year is worth it too. You can get the same insurance as any other plan (I think it's like $8 a month)

01-25-16 06:54 PM
    I'm so jealous! I'm on Verizon still waiting...

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 07:42 PM
    I've been on the phone all day and this is what I've been hearing. The stores aren't sure if they will have it Tuesday or not but they do see it as coming. Online reps are just as vague with the info also.
    One tidbit of info though, the fastest shipping they have is next day air but it takes 2 business days to get to you. (don't ask I was shocked when the rep said it to me as well).
    Best case scenario, stores don't get it until Wed you can have it then, but if you aren't sure and pull the online order trigger you should have it by Thursday the absolute latest.

I think I'll just keep my Z30 and chill----probably not, let's JUMP!

Brought to you by a fabulous gloriously white Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2836
    01-25-16 10:24 PM
    BlackBerry Priv will cost $720 up front at T-Mobile for its Jan. 26 launch

I personally walked into an at&t store to play with the display. It is the most gorgeous slider since Dell Venue Pro.
    It is one of its kind that needs praise. I have yet to decide if the software is okay or not.

Anyone getting this with JUmp! program or buy it up front?
    Trying to decide which is best for me.
    Jump requires a credit check. If your credit is top notch the monthly fee is $10 + $Monthly + $Voice/data. So, if the Priv is $34/month as another poster states, that would come out to $10 + $34 + $50 (for cheapest) = $94/month pre tax and fees. If your credit is "decent" to "I've had a problem or two in the past" you are required a down payment. The down payment now is just over 50% of full price no matter what phone but your monthly payment for the phone will be that much less.

For what it is worth, with T-Mo these days it is a better deal to you to just buy the phone outright. For one, if you kept the Priv for one year on T Mo you will have paid ~2/3s its total price and you do not get to keep the phone (and thusly cannot sell it on eBay, Craigslist, CrackBerry, etc.). It's an old pricing trick: the monthly payments sound like a great deal but in the end cost you more. Granted, if you do not have $720 + tax to drop on the Priv upfront but can afford the monthly payment than so be it. Just keep in mind that like with credit cards or leasing a vehicle you end up paying more in the end for the luxury of having it now.

The flipside is that if you kept the phone for two years before upgrading it would even out as their monthly pricing is based on 24 months, not 12 (that is, 50%).
    01-25-16 11:23 PM
    Picked up the phone from Tmobile, it doesn't come with headphones?!

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 09:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Congrats first!
    but weird, maybe an oversight?
    01-26-16 09:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's bull-crap......but at least there was a phone in there.
    01-26-16 09:14 AM
54 123