I walked into another att store to play with a priv, the phone had no sim and was not connected to wifi, I asked sales rep if she can connect me, she tried to set up wifi and had no idea how to use the phone, I guided her to the settings and she said, "I don't know how to set up BlackBerry " I was like, " you didn't get training on the device? Its android, just like Samsung " she said no, BlackBerry doesn't pay for us to be trained " I stayed quiet, she went and got a sim card, she didn't know were the tray was located, she found it at the top and then used the tool, instead of pushing it in, she removed it sideways and bent the tray! Unbelievable! I was then playing with the device, a manager comes and asked for the device from my hands just to disable wifi! The reason he did that was because I was optimizing the device, IE updating all the apps on the priv making it sluggish! He purposely did it! How is BlackBerry supposed to gain market if the only carrier in the US is setting it up for failure??

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 06:06 PM
    file a complaint with his boss people just dont give a fudge about what their jobs are they just show up, work their hours and go home
    dan99x99 likes this.
    11-10-15 06:11 PM
    file a complaint with his boss people just don't give a fudge about what their jobs are they just show up, work their hours and go home
    exactly!
    dan99x99 likes this.
    11-10-15 06:12 PM
    I walked into another att store to play with a priv, the phone had no sim and was not connected to wifi, I asked sales rep if she can connect me, she tried to set up wifi and had no idea how to use the phone, I guided her to the settings and she said, "I don't know how to set up BlackBerry " I was like, " you didn't get training on the device? Its android, just like Samsung " she said no, BlackBerry doesn't pay for us to be trained " I stayed quiet, she went and got a sim card, she didn't know were the tray was located, she found it at the top and then used the tool, instead of pushing it in, she removed it sideways and bent the tray! Unbelievable! I was then playing with the device, a manager comes and asked for the device from my hands just to disable wifi! The reason he did that was because I was optimizing the device, IE updating all the apps on the priv making it sluggish! He purposely did it! How is BlackBerry supposed to gain market if the only carrier in the US is setting it up for failure??

Posted via CB10
    Wow...unbelievable story. In my area, one AT&T store didn't even have them (and no idea when they would receive them) and the other, to their credit, had it out and on display in a corner next to the Classic.

Blackberry needs to find a way to get enthusiasm from the sales reps who guide so many people to different devices. If they talk bad about Blackberry as a brand (after they even get the Priv on display) it will steer so many people to other devices since most of the buying public relies heavily on the 'expertise' of the carrier salespeople.

Of course, being on only a single U.S. carrier with less than a third of all cell customers doesn't help at all. I think with Verizon announced but coming in late to the game, the buzz about the Priv will have died down by the time Verizon stocks it and they will wonder why sales are so tepid.
    dan99x99 likes this.
    11-10-15 06:13 PM
    Remember they are in it for sales only "what's the bottom dollar" no sales person in a store really cares what they sell as long as they meet their quota. So what would you recommend if you had a quota. It's Blackberrys relationship with AT&T that should make sure the device is properly displayed and employees trained.

With all the high tech today they could have training videos for employees they can watch at home and get paid doing it, home depot and Lowe's does this.

I blame Blackberry for not having regional marketing managers checking stores and carriers they do it every day in supermarkets.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Blackberry Priv
    Techno-guy and dan99x99 like this.
    11-10-15 06:13 PM
    Lol blackberry doesn't pay for training.... didn't think you'd need training to know how to use android when a majority of their devices are android.

Posted via CB10
    dan99x99 and Al moon like this.
    11-10-15 06:15 PM
    That's odd because the sales rep that helped me, while not knowledgeable specifically on the Priv (yet, more to come) definitely was familiar with BlackBerry, knew the phone was coming but said he hadn't taken the online training from AT&T yet. Once he saw me go through the setup he said he was going to do the training that afternoon and he hoped that he'd be able to get a demo unit to learn on. His quote was "wow, it looks like BlackBerry is back ... Finally"

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    dan99x99 likes this.
    11-10-15 06:17 PM