That format died out five years ago.
    A Moto mod of landscape PKB for the Z Play has been funded and is in production
    Qorax and Parker_Lewis like this.
    12-26-17 03:14 AM
    A Moto mod of landscape PKB for the Z Play has been funded and is in production
    All that means is that the need for a landscape slider has been answered.
    sputneek likes this.
    12-26-17 10:11 AM
    A landscape slider is the only sliding form factor that I would consider. I was hoping that blackberry would have attempted this already. I always seem to come back to the form factor with the keyboard already present though.
    12-27-17 08:21 AM
    I never will be interested in a landscape slider. I want a keyboard that I can use one handed or at least mostly one handed, more like the Classic keyboard or the older Bold.
    12-27-17 08:26 AM
    I've never been a slider fan. Actually I use to buy new phones every year however, I must say the priv has been one of my favourite phones. When I'm in a hurry or can't use both hands it's the vkb otherwise I'm on the pkb. My wish list would be for a mid range processor with more memory and better battery life while maintaining a stereo speaker set up and great reception. I guess I'll have to wait and see what comes out next.
    12-28-17 12:52 AM
    Keep the cold temperatures up North please... 😁

Bob
    But, it's just in our nature to want to SHARE!

-35 C this morning, that's WITHOUT wind chill. I think the wind took it to -42. My town (1/2 way between the US and NWT border) is colder than the North Pole. Neat!

Fortunately, I work in a heated office - can't imagine what it's like for the homeless.
    12-28-17 09:10 AM
    One thing about us Coloradan's, the cold and snow doesn't stop us. It just means we dress a little warmer.
    Yep. Develops character.

I'm in Northern Canada - my 92 year old mother-in-law gets freaked out when I go outside in shirtsleeves in the cold, so I deliberately run the garbage out in my shirtsleeves at -30.
    She doesn't understand that I walk to work most days and embrace the cold.

Maybe that's part of why I've stuck with BB even when they weren't "cool" - just that desire to be a bit different.
    12-28-17 09:14 AM
    I never will be interested in a landscape slider. I want a keyboard that I can use one handed or at least mostly one handed, more like the Classic keyboard or the older Bold.
    The 9900 was the perfect phone for me, small enough to handle with one hand yet large enough to see the screen.
    12-29-17 05:23 PM
    Yep. Develops character.

I'm in Northern Canada - my 92 year old mother-in-law gets freaked out when I go outside in shirtsleeves in the cold, so I deliberately run the garbage out in my shirtsleeves at -30. .
    Now that builds character, try it barefooted... It'll put a good pep in your step...
    12-29-17 05:25 PM
    Different use cases:

- Narrower portrait keyboard is preferred as a messaging device, since you can start messaging from a "phone" device without rotating it.
    - Wider landscape keyboard would be preferred for a more desktop-like experience, e.g. if you're remoting to a desktop computer, using Citrix, or accessing terminal shells.

Pros and cons for both.
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    12-29-17 09:50 PM
    I want Priv 2 or something like this! hidden pkb with upgraded screen, processor, ram and camera. if blackberry can merge keyone qualities in 16:9 ratio with hidden pkb
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    12-30-17 02:52 AM
    I'd buy another BlackBerry slider without hesitation. An upgraded Priv with a Snapdragon 845 or even a 630, 4GB RAM, improved heatsink, 64GB internal memory, latest Android OS, USB-C, and improved cameras would be ideal. Maybe put a fingerprint sensor on the back.
    12-30-17 05:19 AM
    Although the priv was fully designed and manufactured by BlackBerry, who would be open to see TCL manufacture a priv successor? For the most part, I enjoyed the priv considering it was BlackBerry's first crack at android. I think I'd like to see another priv with better build quality, better performance (perfectly satisfied with the SD 625), better battery, and a much better keyboard. TCL has delivered this standard thus far since taking over BlackBerry hardware. I'd prefer a slider over an all touch slab like the motion. Opinions?
    I would, but Priv was BlackBerry's LAST...
    12-30-17 01:47 PM
    But, it's just in our nature to want to SHARE!

-35 C this morning, that's WITHOUT wind chill. I think the wind took it to -42. My town (1/2 way between the US and NWT border) is colder than the North Pole. Neat!

Fortunately, I work in a heated office - can't imagine what it's like for the homeless.
    You have heat up there ?? MdR
    12-30-17 01:48 PM
    I would if all upgraded resolving overheating & lag adding USB-c ...must have QI and fingerprint spacebar if feasible. I would buy it. Would need explicit updates for those distrustful of BlackBerry.
    12-31-17 10:28 AM
    Yes,my best phone. Future PRIV 2!
    12-31-17 07:45 PM
    Yep. Develops character.

I'm in Northern Canada - my 92 year old mother-in-law gets freaked out when I go outside in shirtsleeves in the cold, so I deliberately run the garbage out in my shirtsleeves at -30.
    She doesn't understand that I walk to work most days and embrace the cold.

Maybe that's part of why I've stuck with BB even when they weren't "cool" - just that desire to be a bit different.
    Northern Ontario here. Its bee -42 every day for the last two weeks lol. Few days ago it hit -48 with the wind. I'm visiting my family down south and it's - 20 and I'm just walking around like it's Florida lmao. No plugging in my car here
    12-31-17 09:15 PM
    Yup, I pretty much only want a physical keyboard phone and sliders are the best of the best.
    01-01-18 04:41 PM
    I'd buy one for myself and one for the wife on launch day.

Now we only need to convince BB/TCL that a new slider is a good idea
    01-03-18 05:41 AM
    I'd buy one for myself and one for the wife on launch day.

Now we only need to convince BB/TCL that a new slider is a good idea
    A good start would be for sales of the KEYone to be unexpectedly high
    01-03-18 07:22 AM
    I have used two Priv consecutively and only lacking I have found was battery life so if I get priv with keyone battery life I will take it immediately. full touch with hidden pkb
    01-04-18 04:03 AM
    It's an aftermarket kickstarter, not moto OEM, I think
    01-04-18 09:29 AM
    A good start would be for sales of the KEYone to be unexpectedly high
    Basing on existing sales is always lose-lose for customers:

- KEYone is selling so let's continue to gouge people with overpriced phones because of the keyboard
    - KEYone is not selling, so let's stop making them and push more overpriced Motions.
    01-04-18 12:01 PM
    Basing on existing sales is always lose-lose for customers:

- KEYone is selling so let's continue to gouge people with overpriced phones because of the keyboard
    - KEYone is not selling, so let's stop making them and push more overpriced Motions.
    I prefer the first scenario. As long as someone out there keeps making PKB's...good enough for me
    01-04-18 12:52 PM
    Now that builds character, try it barefooted... It'll put a good pep in your step...
    Ahhhh - that's not going to work - I live on a hill and the garbage stand is far enough away that my feet would freeze and I would slide down the hill.
    01-04-18 01:58 PM
94 1234