Although the priv was fully designed and manufactured by BlackBerry, who would be open to see TCL manufacture a priv successor? For the most part, I enjoyed the priv considering it was BlackBerry's first crack at android. I think I'd like to see another priv with better build quality, better performance (perfectly satisfied with the SD 625), better battery, and a much better keyboard. TCL has delivered this standard thus far since taking over BlackBerry hardware. I'd prefer a slider over an all touch slab like the motion. Opinions?
    BB_PP, Qorax, skinnymike1 and 3 others like this.
    12-03-17 02:31 PM
    And I know this topic has been discussed before; however, now that the motion has been released, I'd like to see how many of you fall in between a full-touch and full-qwerty experience.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-03-17 02:32 PM
    Although the priv was fully designed and manufactured by BlackBerry, who would be open to see TCL manufacture a priv successor? For the most part, I enjoyed the priv considering it was BlackBerry's first crack at android. I think I'd like to see another priv with better build quality, better performance (perfectly satisfied with the SD 625), better battery, and a much better keyboard. TCL has delivered this standard thus far since taking over BlackBerry hardware. I'd prefer a slider over an all touch slab like the motion. Opinions?
    Yes, yes, yes! I want to have both the VKB and hidden PKB. Best of both worlds.
    Qorax, skinnymike1, BB_PP and 4 others like this.
    12-03-17 03:00 PM
    Yes, yes, yes! I want to have both the VKB and hidden PKB. Best of both worlds.
    Awesome!
    Qorax likes this.
    12-03-17 03:40 PM
    I never use the vkb but I just love having a full sized screen to use while I'm typing on a pkb. Slider is by far the best design.
    bqik, Sigewif, rfin16 and 4 others like this.
    12-03-17 03:48 PM
    OMG, I just posted a similar thread https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13085392
    12-03-17 04:20 PM
    me. just improve the specs and they keyboard. a little more space above the top row.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-03-17 04:41 PM
    yep. with a better processor and keyboard and I'm in!
    skinnymike1, Gigolo69 and bqik like this.
    12-03-17 04:42 PM
    While I loved the slider factor of my PRIV, the chances you'll ever see another is Slim to None and Slim just left town. PKB is a niche and Slider is a niche of the PKB. OEM wants you to buy a VKB and PKB
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-03-17 05:00 PM
    Having had my BlackBerry Priv since launch I would be all in on a Priv 2... However, based on the issues TCL had with the initial release of the KEYone with the screen issues, I would not be comfortable getting an early release of a Priv 2 if they did manufacturer one... being that it's a slider device... 🤔

Bob
    12-03-17 05:02 PM
    While I loved the slider factor of my PRIV, the chances you'll ever see another is Slim to None and Slim just left town. PKB is a niche and Slider is a niche of the PKB. OEM wants you to buy a VKB and PKB
    I wouldn't say that a slider is a niche within a niche, as it could appeal alot of people who don't want to sacrifice their 16:9 or 18:9 aspect ratio but wouldn't mind having a PKB hidden ready to be used to type or even as a trackpad. It's about MAKING people want to get back to a PKB these days, but also offering it as an option without sacrificing screen space is even better.
    12-04-17 06:16 AM
    I wouldn't say that a slider is a niche within a niche, as it could appeal alot of people who don't want to sacrifice their 16:9 or 18:9 aspect ratio but wouldn't mind having a PKB hidden ready to be used to type or even as a trackpad. It's about MAKING people want to get back to a PKB these days, but also offering it as an option without sacrificing screen space is even better.
    A worthwhile point.
    bqik, Qorax and skinnymike1 like this.
    12-04-17 08:40 AM
    I would be interested once my contract is up.

My first BB smartphone was a Torch 9810 slider and I LOVE the form factor.
    12-04-17 11:07 AM
    I'm hoping this becomes reality!
    Qorax likes this.
    12-04-17 12:28 PM
    I would love another slider. I have doubts one will be made, but if they do, I'm buying it.
    anon(10218918) and Qorax like this.
    12-04-17 12:31 PM
    I would buy one.
    Gigolo69 and anon(10218918) like this.
    12-04-17 02:33 PM
    Sure, why not? But can TCL somehow put in a slightly bigger PKB than on the Priv? I'd love to see an 800 series SoC to make the new slider a flagship. But I'm afraid TCL doesn't have the buying power or is unwilling to make such a leap in its devices. Perhaps TCL can license the slider mechanism from BlackBerry. Just trying to brainstorm here.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    12-04-17 02:49 PM
    I'd love it - if I could rely on the screen not developing odd behaviour when out in the cold (read - flickering, green tint etc) - until it gets back to warmth again.

Not sure if worth trying to fix it or just go and sell it while I can get something for it...
    12-04-17 02:56 PM
    I'd love it - if I could rely on the screen not developing odd behaviour when out in the cold (read - flickering, green tint etc) - until it gets back to warmth again.

Not sure if worth trying to fix it or just go and sell it while I can get something for it...
    I am also dealing with the screen flickering and green tint when out in the cold. This just started happening with my now 2 year plus old Priv. What's interesting is it had never done this previously when out in the cold... it just started happening recently. I'm curious if this issue is age related or what... the flickering and green tint on the screen occurs when I'm out jogging in temperatures around 32F and below... once inside it clears up very quickly.

Bob
    12-04-17 04:15 PM
    I would like one that slides out of the side instead of from the bottom. I find I type better holding it landscape and generally use the vkb for portrait.
    Lionel Passport likes this.
    12-04-17 06:47 PM
    would love to buy an upgraded Priv! This could be made with the same format and still turn a profit with the upgrades.
    12-04-17 07:07 PM
    Not me. I loved my Torch 9800 and 9810 in their day. Have loved the Priv (until recently; it's showing its age with lagging/freezing). All that said, I bought the Priv because there wasn't a full slab available and my Z10 was becoming unusable due to age and BB10's lack of apps at the time.

The Z10 was my favorite Blackberry. I think their VKB is the best ever and it is what made me let go of needing a PKB. If the Motion was available in the US, I'd get that. I'm a bit concerned about the specs on it (camera sounds bad), but I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. I'm hoping if the Motion doesn't come to the US, that TCL's next slab won't be far behind.
    12-04-17 07:20 PM
    From a sales quantity perspective, the PRIV was a niche inside a niche. I loved my PRIV. It just doesn't make sense though. It offers the lowest probability for profit.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    12-04-17 08:05 PM
    Yes great design....showed a music Artsie today a youtube video from a Passport....and she asked....Wow! That's a BlackBerry....that's not the Blackberry's I remember ( Very impressed with it). She probably hasn't knowingly seen one up close since the bb os5 days. I imagine if it was a PRIV it would have been even more astonishing and impressive for her. Even very curious about BB10 as well, so distinctive from the Android slabs and bushels of Apples. They Gotta make those BlackBerry logos/icon moe prominent than they are these days (even on the slabs, some ppl don't know there are still BlackBerries out there in full use today).
    Qorax likes this.
    12-04-17 11:52 PM
    I'm NOT.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    12-05-17 12:47 AM
94 123 ...