Guys I need some advice!

My friend's heading over to London soon. Is it possible for him to
    1) pick it up from Carphone warehouse store, and
    2) be eligible for VAT refund?

Thanks a lot!
    I read something that some stores fail to advertise this properly and pocket the extra for themselves but these are for small items like WH Smith stores. Check the retailer but I think you will be fine with all the busy tourist locations. You will have to have a valid travel ticket to show at the checkout and the VAT price will be removed at the till.

You won't be able to buy it until the 6th.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 05:52 AM
    I read something that some stores fail to advertise this properly and pocket the extra for themselves but these are for small items like WH Smith stores
    That's an entirely different thing to do with UK consumers.
    10-24-15 05:55 AM
    Please check The frequency The UK is STV100-4 not sure compatible with SG frequency LTE
    Thanks usman! I've checked. -3 and -4 meet the requirements.
    Tho are you sure we will have to wait till Jan? That's a big part of my considerations
    10-24-15 06:23 AM
    I read something that some stores fail to advertise this properly and pocket the extra for themselves but these are for small items like WH Smith stores. Check the retailer but I think you will be fine with all the busy tourist locations. You will have to have a valid travel ticket to show at the checkout and the VAT price will be removed at the till.

You won't be able to buy it until the 6th.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! Did you order from carphone warehouse? what STV100 variant is it? and the expected delivery date for carphone warehouse is the 6th of nov?
    10-24-15 06:24 AM
    I don't know what model I have because CPW are being dicks and haven't sent me an email or nothing other than taking my money.

I think they have it in the warehouses a few days before.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 07:02 AM
    Thanks usman! I've checked. -3 and -4 meet the requirements.
    Tho are you sure we will have to wait till Jan? That's a big part of my considerations
    Yeah that was my consideration too..i asked my 'source' he told me the fastest is January..then I pull the trigger ordered from shop BlackBerry and ship here to Malaysia
    10-24-15 07:06 AM
    I don't know what model I have because CPW are being dicks and haven't sent me an email or nothing other than taking my money.

I think they have it in the warehouses a few days before.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, they've got a reputation for this, I'd give them a call and ask them what's going on.

When I placed my order I got the confirmation email saying the order was processing followed by a second email the following day telling me the phone was out of stock and I'd be notified when they have it.
    10-24-15 07:16 AM
    I used CPW to buy my Passport a year ago. I got it on my EE business account, & as EE weren't carrying BlackBerry, I had to use CPW. I must admit, I was a bit wary about buying through them, but their service was actually excellent. Good luck to you all buying through them now...

Posted on CB10 with my  Passport but previously my  Q10
    10-24-15 09:00 AM
    It's very difficult to get hold of unlimited data in the UK now. No one offers unlimited tethering.

Posted via CB10
    Three?

Passport on 10.3.2 steroids
    10-24-15 02:29 PM
    Just a thought i'd put my two penneth in.......

Used to be a BB user 6-7 years ago, then moved to iphone and been there ever since, did try the passport but no.........not impressed with experience or apps.

Was waiting for my 6s plus to arrive in next couple of weeks but then saw the PRIV......

Hmmmmm, i thought, 30 day money back guarantee......android software (which i dont mind) so what the hell, ive ordered and cancelled my new shiny iphone.

Lets give it a go so yes......i have pre-ordered.
    totaldynamic likes this.
    10-24-15 02:40 PM
    I sold my iPhone 6 Plus waiting for a new phone to buy (wasn't impressed with 6s plus). As soon as the Priv went live on BB website I preordered. Glad I did as the delivery has changed to the 9th/20th Nov.
    10-24-15 03:39 PM
    Interesting... two people selling iPhone's for the Priv.

Very intriguing to see.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 04:41 PM
    Three?

Passport on 10.3.2 steroids
    Again, Three killed unlimited tethering over a year ago.

LYCA had "unlimited" 4G that drops down to 2G. I think they cannot call it unlimited anymore which is rightly so. No one can browse on 2G.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 04:42 PM
    Interesting... two people selling iPhone's for the Priv.

Very intriguing to see.

Posted via CB10
    Phones have become physically similar to one another. Glass and metal is nice to look at but scratches easy. The Priv is different and in my eyes more durable in respects to scratches.
    10-24-15 04:46 PM
    I would love too, but my passport it's two month old only.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 04:47 PM
    i do not know about tethering as I use it only once in a while (like 4-5 times a year), but when I use it, I see no problems.

on the other hand, my monthly data usage sometimes is 20+ gb...
    that feeling alone, when you do not have to think about "how much data left until the new month" is epic
    10-24-15 05:29 PM
116 ... 345