as long as the blackberry experience is there i dont give a flying f about the underlying os
    You mean the swiping gestures? Peak and flow? Nothing like that. To get to the Hub, you have to click the app and to get out you have to click the home button. That's Android. The closest thing to a BlackBerry on the Priv is the logo.

Posted via CB10
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    09-28-15 10:54 PM
    I'm not sure. If there are plenty of apps on BlackBerry World, then I might won't change.
    09-28-15 11:01 PM
    Funny LG G4 and Priv are going to use the same camera lens so the photos should be pretty sharp

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 11:09 PM
    Barbarern......do you know how to sideload Snap on your Passport....you will have any Android app you want.

I have Snap on my Z30 and, recently, put it on 3 BlackBerry Classics for family and friends.....all love it.

Look it up on CrackBerry...
    I was talking about native apps. I used to have Snap, but now I have the real Google Play Store installed instead - which is much better.

Look up Cobalt and Play Store here on CrackBerry.

Passport SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2339
    freddysrevng3 likes this.
    09-29-15 12:14 AM
    I wont be, there is nothing that can touch the smoothness of BB10 IMO.
    Still I believe the Priv to be a smart move. A lot of people, lets say millions, go into their phone providers looking for Android devices.
    I am hoping BlackBerry picks up on some of that market and in turn generates enough attention/appeal to get those same people to try other BlackBerry devices.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    09-29-15 12:19 AM
    NOTE 4 to the PRIV, im so ready to come back to Blackberry, i was mad they stop selling them on american carriers.
    Skyforever likes this.
    09-29-15 12:56 AM
    If I was going to but an Android phone, why would I buy a BlackBerry? There are a lot of other Android phones out there I can choose from. It's like looking at a school of fish and only one is noticeable....Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    Because Samsung phones suck - They are laggy, I know because I have a few of them up to and including the Note Edge. I hate to say it but my Z10 & my Z30 is more fluid than my Note Edge - yes, the Note Edge is faster and has a much better camera but the phone is not fluid even compared to the Z10 - LOL. The screen on the Z30 is nowhere near as bright as the Note indoors but I find the Z30's amoled screen is actually easier to read in direct sunlight.
    Barbareren likes this.
    09-29-15 01:39 AM
    i think i'll give it a try for sure, BB always has the best hardware add to it the slider with a keypad... M game... and currently there aren't much choices in Android which offer amazing hardware and software experience [IMO only]
    09-29-15 01:44 AM
    I'm considering it, but more as an experiment than a switch. I'm hanging on to my BB Classic.
    09-29-15 02:19 AM
    Can't wait to see the priv slowing down, hanging, lagging and threads popping up asking about "best cache cleaner", "rooting to get a special permission", "third party keyboard app" etc etc.

Good ol' android experience. Makes you do everything without the os doing anything for you.
    09-29-15 02:22 AM
    Only if this device is massively successful...... only then will they entertain the possibility of an OS 10 version... there's no way they will do this otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    Totally disagree...if the device is even remotely successful, meaning it sells more than the passport and all other devices before it then why would they even bother with a bb10 version? Doing so would be counter productive. Developers won't even bother converting their android apps to accommodate the few blackberry users....
    I for one will be getting the android version (if they end up with 2 os's)...i was on the verge of getting a galaxy s6 edge anyway having been with an outdated z10 for several years now. when i heard about this slider i figured i may as well wait for it and see what it's about.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 02:27 AM
    Yup.. I also believe that passport user and classic user will feel gr8 even users of q series.. but not the users of z series..
    Z series is upgraded and its name is priv.. and every z series guy should upgrade to it anyhow possible..

Posted via CB10
    That's not an upgrade for any Zs.

I would call it a downgrade but w/e
    09-29-15 02:46 AM
    Because Samsung phones suck - They are laggy, I know because I have a few of them up to and including the Note Edge. I hate to say it but my Z10 & my Z30 is more fluid than my Note Edge - yes, the Note Edge is faster and has a much better camera but the phone is not fluid even compared to the Z10 - LOL. The screen on the Z30 is nowhere near as bright as the Note indoors but I find the Z30's amoled screen is actually easier to read in direct sunlight.
    Are you for real?

I fired up my Z10 just to test out this nonsensical theory and it is exactly that; nonsensical.

I have, side by side, my Z10 and my S5. I go to the home screen of the CrackBerry app on both phones. As the app loads I flick my thumb up on each hand, S5 in the left, Z10 in the right. The news posts on the S5 scroll without hesitation. The articles on the Z10? They take ~5 seconds just to load, let alone be so "fluid".

I get that you have a hate on for Android, but don't conjure up what isn't true. Each handset maker has its pros and cons but I fail to see how people can believe that Samsung and Apple make bad phones yet sell millions of them (let's not pretend like Apple didn't just sell nearly as many phones in 3 days than BlackBerry has since 2013).

Believe me, I love BlackBerry, but this 'bury my head in the sand' mentality is exactly why they are where they are. They have great ideas and their heart is in the right place but their hardware isn't even close to Apple or Samsung and to say that it is when it clearly is not is nothing short of ridiculous.

~TheRealFixxxer
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-29-15 02:50 AM
    What I don't get is if blackberry I able to secure and make android moe private... why didn't samsung or HTC or even Google do it before? They have more resources and all that. Do they profit off it not being secure/private? I so why do people trust them? If not possible, why does blackberry claim such? Do we trust blackberry?

And I it works, wouldn't other companies do same and crowd blackberry out again?
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-29-15 02:55 AM
    Are you for real?

I fired up my Z10 just to test out this nonsensical theory and it is exactly that; nonsensical.

I have, side by side, my Z10 and my S5. I go to the home screen of the CrackBerry app on both phones. As the app loads I flick my thumb up on each hand, S5 in the left, Z10 in the right. The news posts on the S5 scroll without hesitation. The articles on the Z10? They take ~5 seconds just to load, let alone be so "fluid".

I get that you have a hate on for Android, but don't conjure up what isn't true. Each handset maker has its pros and cons but I fail to see how people can believe that Samsung and Apple make bad phones yet sell millions of them (let's not pretend like Apple didn't just sell nearly as many phones in 3 days than BlackBerry has since 2013).

Believe me, I love BlackBerry, but this 'bury my head in the sand' mentality is exactly why they are where they are. They have great ideas and their heart is in the right place but their hardware isn't even close to Apple or Samsung and to say that it is when it clearly is not is nothing short of ridiculous.

~TheRealFixxxer
    Are you for real? You are comparing Z10 with S5? Next time compare 9800 Torch with S6
    09-29-15 02:59 AM
    Are you for real? You are comparing Z10 with S5? Next time compare 9800 Torch with S6
    I think it's an accurate comparison considering who I quoted was comparing the Z30 to an S6 Edge, no? Not to mention they also compared the Z10 to said S6 Edge and claimed it was actually faster.

I can only compare what I own.

Granted, a lot of it comes down to coding. I do think the BlackBerry Twitter app is smoother and the BBM app on Android is much smoother than the native messaging app on my S5.

Sorry if my post comes off harsh (like for real sorry), they're just phones. I just wish the Priv came out sooner cause I would have jumped at the chance to get it but now I'm once again in a contract that's just too expensive to break.

~TheRealFixxxer
    Last edited by TheRealFixxxer; 09-29-15 at 03:42 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-29-15 03:29 AM
    That's not an upgrade for any Zs.

I would call it a downgrade but w/e
    Android is necessity when we need apps ..
    App developers are choosing android ..
    They are the creators of applications that give us better mobility experiences ..

Market cares about them too ..
    For Z3 I think .. priv is totally and upgrade for the user .. as it has BB flavored android and gr8 keyboard..
    What do you hate about android . .?
    may be BB android phone might not have it .. may be they will keep those things away from Priv ..
    09-29-15 03:51 AM
    What do you hate about android . .?
    may be BB android phone might not have it .. may be they will keep those things away from Priv ..
    google. and that problem won't be fixed by anyone.
    09-29-15 04:31 AM
    Why not make it dual-boot? Today, OS 10; tomorrow, Android
    09-29-15 04:48 AM
    I 'd better buy P9983 Graphite for 1K, no android....for 800....

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 05:16 AM
    You mean the swiping gestures? Peak and flow? Nothing like that. To get to the Hub, you have to click the app and to get out you have to click the home button. That's Android. The closest thing to a BlackBerry on the Priv is the logo.

Posted via CB10
    well then check the leaked video. he long presses the home button and the hub is right there. hopefully gestures will come eventually as well, but i can live without them even though they are a lot better
    09-29-15 06:39 AM
    I would certainly buy another BlackBerry by Fall 2016. I had learned a lot from BlackBerry since this year's half. They are still testing the waters. Who knows which OS will they'll launch with their new device next year. As long as I get the assurance of BlackBerry's path, I'm off to wonder in the market with 2 phones having an old BB10 device. After all, it's all about security I could get only from the next update. If the Priv will be their last device, I won't probably get it, I'd rather go for Passport. At least it still make sense to use BB10 for work.
    Totally agree, for whatever happens to BlackBerry in 2016
    My passport will definitely endure it, personally I don't care what happens to the PERVERT,lol

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 06:58 AM
    Android have some known issues:
    Lag
    Heat
    Battery drain
    These are some well known issues no matter who is phone maker or what OS version is.
    So before jumping ship it will be wise to see how BB is tweaking all these.
    And we have yet to see any Touch slab specially when buyer don't need physical KB.
    09-29-15 07:24 AM
    As much as this phone looks nice, and people are intrigued by it (including me), my passport does everything I need it to, and does it extremely well. When it's done serving me, I'll look at my options then. Hopefully BB is still in the game with more offerings, but as of right now, I don't see the need to go with Priv.
    09-29-15 08:26 AM
    I don't, going apple

Posted via CB10
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    09-29-15 08:48 AM
354 ... 7891011 ...