Why did I buy the Passport? Coz I did not like Android nor did I like the iPhone. I like Blackberry as it is secure from the ground up (from the boot up). It's a good brand with security and innovation in it's DNA. A prime example is the Passport. Having coming from an Android phone (a Sony made android) it is some what an irritation that it is heading back wards. Apps seems to be the reason why Blackberry is heading off to Android. That is a sad excuse. Android is too pedestrian for my taste. If apps were the reason why can't blackberry themselves just port the "top 50" Android apps that "those users" want? Instagram,facebook,viber,etc...when it's ported with the same "feel,function,and look" plus the added security of blackberry then there would be no reason why that formula would not work. My Passport does not have all the apps out there. And if it were available,I'd probably not install them unless I really need them. I've got a couple of gameloft games to pass the time at times. Facebook to connect with friends and family. I use the following apps for productivity, reminder,calendar,docs to go,etc...and they are great native apps. The Web browser is good which also has flashplayer( no need to install ) adobe reader also installed. Well. My Passport is my phone first and foremost, calls and sms. The keyboard is awesome. Nice camera for the occasional pics and vids. I guess when the EOL of the Passpot comes and there aren't any more Blackberry OS,I'll be moving to apple. No other choice.

Posted via CB10
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    09-27-15 01:44 AM
    09-27-15 02:31 AM
    I'm with you on this 1925, my alternate phone will be the iPhone, never an android.
    09-27-15 02:42 AM
    Switching from Z10 to Priv

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 03:00 AM
    What is this bull about the cost of chipset drivers for BlackBerry 10 being too much for a BlackBerry 10 slider release? It's not rocket science! Simply release the BlackBerry 10 slider with the Passport chipset inside. Boom drivers already present. Job done. Or don't I know what I'm talking about?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    09-27-15 03:12 AM
    What is this bull about the cost of chipset drivers for BlackBerry 10 being too much for a BlackBerry 10 slider release? It's not rocket science! Simply release the BlackBerry 10 slider with the Passport chipset inside. Boom drivers already present. Job done. Or don't I know what I'm talking about?
    What about drivers for the display? And the new cameras? The memory? Ports?
    09-27-15 03:21 AM
    The iPhone 6s camera is incredible and megapixels aside, should perform much better than anything using Android's awful camera software.
    That's not true anymore...

Smartphone camera shootout: how the iPhone 6S Plus takes on the competition | The Verge

Given that you seem to live in the United States, and Android has pretty much lost the higher-end market to iOS, how much would you be willing to pay for that physical keyboard? With the Moto X Pure starting at $399 with very similar specs to the Priv, would you pay $499 for it?
    Having a keyboard is one of those things... if someone wants one, they'll pay for it. Given that the keyboard attachment for the Galaxy S6 will probably cost $50-100, yes, $100 over could be priced right.

Chances are, the Priv will be priced more than $499, so we'll see how that works out.

Right now, I'm torn, I think there's more of the talent and inspiration that made BlackBerry 10 at Apple than at BlackBerry. And, the iPhone 7 will be a lot close to what we'd hoped the future would hold for BlackBerry 10 than Android or possibly BlackBerry 10 under Chen. Rumors say that Apple will be doing away with the home button, using an all-gesture based UI, implementing changes to a shared iOS/OSX kernel by Sebestion Marineux, pretty much the best programmer who ever worked for QNX, and some really cool Blendy distributed computing stuff. Android will continue to court the low-end and have an inferior ecosystem plagued by fragmentation.
    I have a hard time imagining how Apple will move away from something their userbase has gotten used to. Also, they'll eliminate the home button and still leave the finger reader in the same place?

The Priv isn't a BlackBerry. It just says BlackBerry on it. So, you should be free to go to a different platform without feeling disloyal. BlackBerry left you, not the other way around. I'd consider iOS *and* a Lumia 950XL, believe it or not. Microsoft Edge, the speediest, best browser around for general use -- and mobile use in particular -- is a universal windows app, so it runs on both phone and desktop. Clearly iOS has an edge with its ecosystem, but Windows 10 mobile has a shot to grow significantly. BlackBerrry is now out of the platform game as its just another device builder with the Priv, pretty much no reason to consider the Priv other than the keyboard.
    09-27-15 03:46 AM
    What?

It's like to switch from a Ferrari

Who is switching 'Priv' from OS 10?-titanservicev1.jpeg

To a Fiat Panda

Who is switching 'Priv' from OS 10?-1997_fiat_panda.jpg
    09-27-15 03:51 AM
    Not switching but keeping my Passport while buying a Slider

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 04:28 AM
    Sticking with my passport, I'm not keen on sliders or Android. If I move ecosystems I will go IOS, if I'm going to leave the lovely BB10 may as well go for the best available! But that's when this phone becomes unusable!

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    09-27-15 04:31 AM
    Sticking with my passport, I'm not keen on sliders or Android. If I move ecosystems I will go IOS, if I'm going to leave the lovely BB10 may as well go for the best available! But that's when this phone becomes unusable!
    I think you're proving the point that a BB10 Priv would fail, as in limited sales, since not every current BB10 user wants a slider, but an upgraded Z10, Q10, Z30, Classic, Passport...
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-27-15 04:55 AM
    Count me in it will be my next device

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 05:12 AM
    being a die hard legacy 9900 user who has just bought a new Q10 to try and embrace the BB10 system, I think I will give buying a Blackberry running Android a miss,
    Do u like bb10?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 05:13 AM
    Why did I buy the Passport? Coz I did not like Android nor did I like the iPhone. I like Blackberry as it is secure from the ground up (from the boot up). It's a good brand with security and innovation in it's DNA. A prime example is the Passport. Having coming from an Android phone (a Sony made android) it is some what an irritation that it is heading back wards. Apps seems to be the reason why Blackberry is heading off to Android. That is a sad excuse. Android is too pedestrian for my taste. If apps were the reason why can't blackberry themselves just port the "top 50" Android apps that "those users" want? Instagram,facebook,viber,etc...when it's ported with the same "feel,function,and look" plus the added security of blackberry then there would be no reason why that formula would not work. My Passport does not have all the apps out there. And if it were available,I'd probably not install them unless I really need them. I've got a couple of gameloft games to pass the time at times. Facebook to connect with friends and family. I use the following apps for productivity, reminder,calendar,docs to go,etc...and they are great native apps. The Web browser is good which also has flashplayer( no need to install ) adobe reader also installed. Well. My Passport is my phone first and foremost, calls and sms. The keyboard is awesome. Nice camera for the occasional pics and vids. I guess when the EOL of the Passpot comes and there aren't any more Blackberry OS,I'll be moving to apple. No other choice.

Posted via CB10
    I read it.. believe me.. I read the whole post..
    .. you are a gr8 passport lover.. all the best.
    . I think it is time that there are no more apps for bb10 in future..

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 05:18 AM
    LOL BP don't get your hope high OS 10 pretty much stagnant (I want to say dead) there is no BlackBerry 10 slider
    But I still love OS10 and I think this does matter in my case

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 06:35 AM
    Nope not buying another BB with a pkb. When they can make a successor to the Z30, i would do it. But since that's not going to happen, i will stick with my new Android.
    09-27-15 06:54 AM
    Nope not buying another BB with a pkb. When they can make a successor to the Z30, i would do it. But since that's not going to happen, i will stick with my new Android.
    Android FTW!!
    09-27-15 06:58 AM
    I'll reserve my purchasing option till after the unit has been out for awhile.

Then I can see it demo it at a carrier store up close and in person. I hope it�s been done right otherwise I have no option to upgrade too from my Z30 and that would be kinda sad.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    09-27-15 07:01 AM
    Do u like bb10?

Posted via CB10
    i thought it was time to try a Q!0 as its similar in size to 9900 and has a removable battery, yes i am finding BB10 ok and am impressed with the Q10 it's a nice compact phone and not missing the Track pad, tried a demo unit of Classic and found it personally a little large so the Q10 is a perfect replacement for 9900 for personal use, still have to use 9900 at work for some time yet, if there is a BB10 slider i would give it a try.
    09-27-15 07:11 AM
    Not interested. For a number of reasons. One, I do not think the footprint of the Q can be matched by the slider. Two, Android. As stated elsewhere, I am not into conspiracy theories: I just like my privacy. And if a company is intent to data mine the heck out of me, I want to have some share of the profits they make in selling my "aggregated data". Three, a fluid, intuitive OS Android is NOT.

As an aside, I still fail to understand, as I wrote elsewhere, what is the strategy of the Slider. It is already possible to lock down an Android with end to end protection. As anyone knows, in a large corporation, I am in Finance, IT controls anything and everything that goes on the phone. Right down to contacts, and essentially no Apps. And as Android is a commodity, it is easy to buy handsets in bulk, in mid-cycle for very very very competitive prices. Especially if you are purchasing 1,000 or more at a time.

By introducing Blandroid, without a clearly published strategy, it seems to me to damage the the BB reputation, add to confusion AND create concerns this is a last ditch effort. In so doing, it only makes groups that might consider BB, indeed BB10, more confused about the intent, and the health of the company. Many IT departments would have to be asking, will Blandroid be around in another corporate phone purchasing cycle?

For the record, I support BB and use my Q's. And have stockpiled a few more just in case no more Q form factor phones are ever introduced.
    Reed Richards and jsmith00075 like this.
    09-27-15 09:44 AM
    Maybe. I have a Sony Xperia Z3 that I use for "apps" and "games", and it's doing fine. I like the integration with Dualshock 3 & 4, and that it's water resistant. If a game makes my phone hot, I can submerge my phone in a tank of cold water and continue playing. It also plays well with other Sony products that I have.

When the priv launches, I'll see what enhancements Blackberry put into their Android, and whether it's worth losing all of Xperia's feature.
    09-27-15 10:03 AM
    I'm not switching as well, i will keep my Classic as it is.
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    09-27-15 10:06 AM
    Which Android device did you get, JayDee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-27-15 10:07 AM
    Will definitely get it and have my Passport as a back up

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 10:14 AM
    I'm not switching as well, i will keep my Classic as it is.
    Yup.. I also believe that passport user and classic user will feel gr8 even users of q series.. but not the users of z series..
    Z series is upgraded and its name is priv.. and every z series guy should upgrade to it anyhow possible..

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 10:14 AM
354 ... 34567 ...