Really? ALL apps work flawlessly? C'mon now..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Maybe all the ones that he/she use works flawlessly. *shrugs*
    10-02-15 08:17 AM
    Maybe all the ones that he/she use works flawlessly. *shrugs*
    I have never had problems running Android apps on my passport... Yes there may be few which may kick hard but that does not drive me to try the Priv

Posted via my favorite Passport
    10-02-15 08:39 AM
    Amazing that so many (and me a few months ago) put up with such a mediocre (android) app experience
    10-02-15 09:29 AM
    You'll have to choose one. If it's rootable, it's hackable. Once you (or anyone else) have rooted your phone, the manufacturer cannot protect you.
    I think he meant that if you had superuser/root privileges, you're allowed to root it, kinda like having a superuser password for the hardware. Analogous to this would be a password for your PC motherboard to allow firmware/BIOS updates.
    10-02-15 11:45 AM
    Me. Sadly. I love BB10. But want keyboard and a spotify that works.

Future Private Priv (phone auto corrected)-Current Z30, (Z10-Torch-Storm 2- Pearl)
    10-03-15 02:26 PM
    I use android quite a lot so i'm use to it and have installed 5.1 on a touchpad and s3 but bb10 is still a lot better to me.

Don't think I could give up bb10 fully but could use the new device along with my passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 03:33 PM
    For the sake of just few apps doesn't justify me wanting that phone what's the point I have already got Android apps on my passport.

''Splendiferousness'' is not even a word that I use to decide my passport
    Sridhar M likes this.
    10-03-15 05:05 PM
    I will be. The hardware is still BlackBerry, so the quality will be good. I can't wait to see how the hub looks..
    10-03-15 05:08 PM
    I'm torn about the decision as I like BB10 greatly.
    My app needs are pretty much satisfied thanks to cobalts fix.
    But, I have 2 items that I participated on in a kick starter campaign that are designed for android.
    I bought these knowing that they may not work, but hoped they would.
    So , I'm on the fence for that reason.
    10-03-15 05:53 PM
    The Priv is just another android phone with Blackberry hardware INHO.

There are 2 deciding factors for me ... the hub & the keyboard. If these are the same as current BB10, the Priv will be worth considering.

For the sake of just few apps doesn't justify me wanting that phone what's the point I have already got Android apps on my passport.

''Splendiferousness'' is not even a word that I use to decide my passport
    10-03-15 06:19 PM
    The Priv is just another android phone with Blackberry hardware INHO.

There are 2 deciding factors for me ... the hub & the keyboard. If these are the same as current BB10, the Priv will be worth considering.
    You have to think if a third.

2. is actually the Hybrid Keyboard remember.
    - if software can now is the same exactly what the hybrid keyboard can and if you can typ accurately and fast or just as dastardly why the need to upgrade.

3. Is BlackBerry Enterprise Suite or Productivity Suite will soon also be available for Android and iOS so to what value does the Priv really grant you considering these two factors you've mentioned??

What real benefit other than physical hybrid keyboard grants you?! We don't even know if shortcuts will carry forward I to Android = nobody has even considered this through so many threads and I'm appalled at so many that call ves BlackBerry die hard completely forgetting this core productivity functionality that has been there since day 1!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 08:49 PM
    We don't even know if shortcuts will carry forward I to Android = nobody has even considered this through so many threads and I'm appalled at so many that call ves BlackBerry die hard completely forgetting this core productivity functionality that has been there since day 1!!!!!
    I don't know if people are forgetting it, I think they are just hoping for the best. Having owned several Android sliders in the past, I am also curious about how well the physical keyboard has been integrated into the OS. From previous experiences that 'integration' has been practically non-existent, but I think BlackBerry is smarter in that regard. I have to admit that I'm kind of excited about learning about that very thing in the first real life review of the handset, even though I'm sticking with the Passport and OS10, hehe.

Passport SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2339
    10-04-15 02:04 PM
    hate the slider anyway, do you mean its comes without the slider? that would be progress
    10-18-15 04:33 AM
    I will be buying the Priv as soon as I can and running my current z30 as my backup.

Much as I don't like Android as an OS relative to BB10, I can see the writing on the wall, bb10 is on the way to being bb7. That is no further development and I doubt any new devices.

What I do hope for is that the HUB and blackberry experience suite on Android make the Priv as relatively close to BB10 as possible and that if successful BlackBerry can continue to enhance the android os experience such that the good bits of bb10 GUI or experience Can work for the priv.

One big aspect of bb10 I have noted is that a lot of what android or apple users require an app for , Bb10 has it already baked into the OS.

So hopefully BlackBerry can utilise this and offer apps for Android in addition to the BlackBerry experience suite.

A BlackBerry browser would be cool on Android. As but a single example.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 06:09 AM
    Me!!
    10-18-15 06:14 AM
    Yes I will be switching to the new Priv.

I left Blackberry before and went to Android for the Samsung Note 2 because I needed a great phone camera for both work and play and I could not bring a separate dedicated camera with me. I loved the note 2 features, screen, and camera quality but switched back to the z30 because of the HUB and other blackberry features, email and integrations that I could not get with ANY app on the google play store (K9 mail for example).

Chen said he would not produce an Android unless he could secure it. The fact that there is a Priv means they did. If Blacberry is willing to put there name on this phone and say it will be secured then that's good enough for me. I love the z30 but the phone is terrible in low light.

Switching to the Android Blackberry Priv allows me to stay with Blackberry get all of the productivity features I have come to enjoy and cannot do without as well as get a new top of the line 18meg camera...and the option to have some fun...can't wait.

I am not that much of an app guy but I do like the customizations that android allows. Blackberry has delivered by giving the users who would end up leaving the platform out of frustration from not having access to a wider ecosystem.

The priv will allow blackberry to retain and recover millions of former blackberry lovers. Everyone I talk to that left blackberry the conversation always starts with " I LOVE BLACKBERRY...BUT..."

So now blackberry have fixed the ..BUT.. and they can still be proud BLACKBERRIANS and feel secure (remains to be confirmed) from the prying eyes of android apps and OS.

If I can root my android device, install custom roms and delete and disable certain google components...then blackberry engineers can secure the priv.

We need to get over the hating. If you don't want the physical Keyboard then...don't slide it out..it's great to have the option. Trust me you will start to slide it out more and more. When the details of HOW the Priv is secured and what options the user will have then the dominoes will start to fall and the flood gates will open. Millions of existing android users will want this phone that is created from a company that is renowned for security.

Current blackberry users will feel more at ease to switch to the Priv as they realize that while using the android os they will now have the PRIVilege to PRotect their PRIVacy.

Go Blackberry...count me in for the new ride
    Last edited by trenchtown13; 10-18-15 at 02:00 PM.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    10-18-15 01:43 PM
    I'll definitely be switching even though my Passport is a great phone. I just miss those notifications which don't work in BB10 Android apps and (lately) all the different types of FB posts you can't display. Plus all the "this app doesn't work without Google Play Services" popups....

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 03:51 PM
    I currently use the passport, still mostly undecided about the priv but I am opening up to it.... it just depends on the price point. Most likely if I do buy one it'll be after price cuts or sales

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 01:03 PM
    I'll definitely be switching even though my Passport is a great phone. I just miss those notifications which don't work in BB10 Android apps and (lately) all the different types of FB posts you can't display. Plus all the "this app doesn't work without Google Play Services" popups....

Posted via CB10
    And I guess you miss the endless thumb extensive reach to top of a 5.4" screen plus the keyboard height?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 01:31 AM
    PRIV BRUV
    10-20-15 01:54 AM
    No, BB10 will be dead if Priv sells well

Anyone consider the possibility that if (and it's a very big if) they release the Priv with OS10 the android runtime will be removed?

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.2.2639
    10-20-15 02:05 AM
    For the keyboard and hub, I think
    If I was going to but an Android phone, why would I buy a BlackBerry? There are a lot of other Android phones out there I can choose from. It's like looking at a school of fish and only one is noticeable....Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 02:15 AM
    I want to handle a Priv before I buy one (if any store is even going to carry it). I am not in love with BB10 the way I was with BB7, it is inferior in several ways, is pretty sluggish, and stutters pretty often. I find a few tasks really difficult for no reason, and after using my wife's galaxy I think BB10 is too far behind to ever have mass appeal. Also working in health care the droid versions of some of the apps I use on the classic are pretty sluggish and poor. I am on the fence between switching to the priv or waiting to see if there will be a classic 2. They make a beefy classic 2 dual processor with droid software that is a day one buy for me. The Priv looks a little big for me, I love smaller phones, and I still miss my BB Pearl.
    10-20-15 02:27 AM
    I consider to switch to Priv Android as long as the blackberry hub is there. If not, I'll stick to bb10.
    For me, Blackberry hub is a must.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 02:41 AM
    No, BB10 will be dead if Priv sells well
    I think bb10 will be dead even if it doesn't.
    JeepBB and nick903 like this.
    10-20-15 07:53 AM
354 ... 12131415