I'm not switching and I'll stay with my z30
    09-30-15 09:39 PM
    I will switch when my current phone contract is up mid of next year. Will retire my PP while Q10 will remain as secondary phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 12:08 AM
    No, he's just so incensed by the possibility of BlackBerry dropping BB10 that he'll use the OS he hates the most to spite BlackBerry. That'll show those corporate decision makers! (fists waving)
    He'll probably go back to a rotary phone..

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    tufcustomer likes this.
    10-01-15 12:23 AM
    Let's see..but right now I really don't like it. Sigh. Before, I was thinking of getting a Z30 and skipping Passport altogether for this one (yay for slider!), but since it's android..ugh.
    10-01-15 09:21 AM
    10-01-15 09:23 AM
    If you wish to see BlackBerry have a measure of success with its devices, then you need to strongly consider purchasing the devices released. Wishing for a better device won't help. You buy existing BB10 devices, or you buy the upcoming Priv, or you don't. That is the choice being put toward the market. It can go poorly, it can go mediocrely, or it can go well. Feedback is all well and good, but you vote with your purchases.
    So if BlackBerry made a piece of **** like literally from the toilet, you'd buy it because you want them to survive? No you buy a product because you support the product and the company making it. If a company isn't making a product you stand with then there's no need to buy it
    heepman likes this.
    10-01-15 09:28 AM
    So if BlackBerry made a piece of **** like literally from the toilet, you'd buy it because you want them to survive? No you buy a product because you support the product and the company making it. If a company isn't making a product you stand with then there's no need to buy it
    Totally agreed! There is a thing called choice everybody here seems to think that somehow this device will bring back sweeter juices back in the berries:

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 10:33 AM
    Was looking forward to the slider but not sure about it being Android. Will all the apps I purchased through Blackberry World for my Z30 run on the Android Priv? (BB10 run time on Android, wouldn't that be a hoot)
    10-01-15 10:47 AM
    I'm a realist, so I knew two years ago that if BlackBerry wanted to make money on hardware, they would have to put apps on BB10 or go Android. I have a Passport now, but will probably get the PRIV. I was probably going to go Android next anyway because BB10 isn't going to make it. Great OS, but not many takers.
    10-01-15 11:08 AM
    Probably will pick one up by the time I'm bored of my Classic.

Even if sales don't meet expectations and BlackBerry does shutter its hardware division, I don't expect them to do it in Apothekerian HP way of closing shop weeks or even months after release so it should be around (hopefully) through 2016 at least.
    10-01-15 12:52 PM
    Even if sales don't meet expectations and BlackBerry does shutter its hardware division, I don't expect them to do it in Apothekerian HP way of closing shop weeks or even months after release so it should be around (hopefully) through 2016 at least.
    Yeah, but if they do shutter the Apothekerian HP way... $99 Priv's!

The TouchPad, which came out around the same time as the PlayBook, has Android Marshmallow now! (How many Android tablets of that era can claim that?)
    10-01-15 01:30 PM
    I love BB10, but my company a major healthcare provider is moving away from BB and will only be supporting IOS and Android in the near future. I will have two choices, carry an Iphone or hopefully a BB device running android. It is unfortunate but the decision has been made well above my pay grade.
    10-01-15 01:37 PM
    If they find a way to get rid of those stupid back home, and menu buttons to bring back gestures like on BB10, I would get one. Not sure if that's going to happen though...

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    10-01-15 02:57 PM
    I shall be switching from Passport to Priv with OS 10! Who else is switching and please mention Priv Android or BB10

Posted via CB10
    Is it possible to load BB 10 OS on the Priv? Would be great if BB offered that as an option on most of their phones.
    10-01-15 03:05 PM
    If they find a way to get rid of those stupid back home, and menu buttons to bring back gestures like on BB10, I would get one. Not sure if that's going to happen though...

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    I would prefer that BB used its original gestures.
    10-01-15 03:06 PM
    I'm getting one, primarily to have a less frustrating experience with the Android apps that I use. I hate using the keyboard and the email client on Android devices, so this should be a better experience.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport on CB10
    10-01-15 03:14 PM
    Only if Priv is hard to hack, only with Root privileges, only with minimum 3 GB Ram, only with camera for low-light, only with minimum 3000 mAh battery, only with Amoled display, only if is IP67 or IP65 certified

Posted via Z30
    10-01-15 04:49 PM
    Never said it was my primary client for email, but I have access to every email on the go that I have on the home machine.

2nd, yes you are correct, but only to a point. Most commercial apps in that genre are reworked to make access for the device easier, a good idea, yes it makes life easier, but I still do most of those things on the web, with a full keyboard and screen. In a pinch, I've been able to do all of those things from the company website on my BB10 when absolutely necessary. Let's not forget, the big reason for the vast majority of initial ios apps was that the iphone couldn't access any website with flash. Oddly enough, the phone sold in such numbers, it drove app development with apple, everyone else has had to do it the other way around.
    ^ A VERY astute observation and truth!
    10-01-15 06:29 PM
    Only if they have android in passport form

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    10-01-15 08:38 PM
    With the incomplete switch from BBOS to B10 and device manager changes, I'm sure that those who actually have a BB and try to switch to a Blackberry logo'ed Priv will have worse issues. Also, will they get the switch from *Android to Priv to work smoothly?
    10-02-15 12:37 AM
    Ill be switching from my Z30 to Priv. Mainly because of the PKB. If the Priv had BB10 I would of bought that to. Its more about the PKB for me and I didnt like the 3 Row PBK on the Passport.
    10-02-15 01:28 AM
    Barbarern......do you know how to sideload Snap on your Passport....you will have any Android app you want.

I have Snap on my Z30 and, recently, put it on 3 BlackBerry Classics for family and friends.....all love it.

Look it up on CrackBerry...
    I have Google play store installed on my Passport and all apps works flawless, so why the need for the android PRIV!
    Who is switching 'Priv' from OS 10?-img_20151002_140232.png

Posted via my favorite Passport
    10-02-15 03:33 AM
    Totally agreed! There is a thing called choice everybody here seems to think that somehow this device will bring back sweeter juices back in the berries:

Posted via CB10
    So you agree that people should have choice, and then you imply the next phone is a failure because you don't want it. Nice.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 07:09 AM
    Only if Priv is hard to hack, only with Root privileges
    You'll have to choose one. If it's rootable, it's hackable. Once you (or anyone else) have rooted your phone, the manufacturer cannot protect you.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 07:42 AM
    I have Google play store installed on my Passport and all apps works flawless, so why the need for the android PRIV!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151002_140232.png 
Views:	646 
Size:	249.8 KB 
ID:	374102

Posted via my favorite Passport
    Really? ALL apps work flawlessly? C'mon now..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-02-15 07:59 AM
354 ... 1112131415