It better have BlackBerry Premium headphones, paratek antenna, blackberry blend, BBM Video, natural sound technology like on the passport and those sweet 1 watt loudspeakers.

Or is this not going to be anything like a blackberry... that's the million dollar "BESIDES THE SECURE TRUE MULTITAKSING BB10 OS ASIDE" question.
    09-30-15 07:40 AM
    I'm switching from the Passport to the Priv!
    09-30-15 08:19 AM
    this will be the first time that I will want to test out a BlackBerry device before purchasing. I have always just gone in and bought a Blackberry without it even being turned on. My previous experience with Android OS and just trying to navigate to do simple things compared to BB10 hasn't been very good. Granted, with a week learning curve, I am sure it would be no different than any other OS to get used to, but the efficiency of getting things done on BB10 will most likely keep me there.
    09-30-15 08:27 AM
    I have a sneaky feeling that Chen does have a BB10 version and is just keeping it under wraps u til the announcement. "Oh, and did I mention that we also have a BB10 version available through Shop BlackBerry for our loyal BB10 customers?"

If those words are said, this place will blow up with excitement.

Posted via CB10
    It would be cool to see them spring it on the world at anytime. Could this be a surprise GOTCHA stunt that makes up for no Playbook upgrade?

I cant be the only gamer and tech satisfied with the app situation as it stands right now on the Passport.
    09-30-15 08:27 AM
    I have been stung by BB hype too many times ..
    each time purchasing products, like the Playbook and Z10, that were limited sales items with short run.
    I will wait and see before I give up another working BB smart phone in favor of something 'new'.

That being said, my next smart phone will be an Android, BB or not.
    09-30-15 09:01 AM
    I don't get this, even on BB10, you have to leave app to go to Hub... and even when you exit hub, it just goes back to home screen with frames, you have to "re-enter" the app via the frame...

how is this different than android where you click on notification and go to the app, reply, go process menu and re-enter the app?

I think the note? lets you just reply in an over the app window then when it sends it closes and you resume app, but this isn't an android thing really
    Yeah! The "instant notification", for example, you could be watching YouTube, and if someone writes, you have the option to answer right away without leaving YouTube... that's a very BB10 feature!
    09-30-15 10:03 AM
    I originally bought the Z10 because of the hub software. I completely enjoy using the hub for communications but would rather have a physical keyboard than the touch. The PRIV has both and I will likely buy one sometime in the future.
    09-30-15 10:16 AM
    I'm getting older and need a bigger screen, and I would have purchased a Z30 but no pkb (I'm on VZW so the Passport is a no go unfortunately). So the Priv will be the best of both worlds, and I'll have to adapt to the android operating system.

My Q10 has been great and I absolutely LOVE 10.3.2, but the need for a larger screen and physical key board wins out.
    09-30-15 10:34 AM
    Switch from BB 10 to Andoid? You've got to be kidding!
    jsmith00075, meow_chan and heepman like this.
    09-30-15 10:43 AM
    I really want to try it

Posted via Special Edition Red Passport
    09-30-15 10:46 AM
    I'll see how it goes so far Passport SE going strong so may next year when the price goes down

Posted via Passport Silver Edition
    09-30-15 11:55 AM
    I concur!!!!

BlackBerry Passport Bound
    09-30-15 11:56 AM
    Yeah! The "instant notification", for example, you could be watching YouTube, and if someone writes, you have the option to answer right away without leaving YouTube... that's a very BB10 feature!
    wait... do you have a youtube video of it? I didn't know BB could do that lol. I've been using it wrong then.

I used to just swipe all the way into hub but that exits app
    09-30-15 12:29 PM
    What choice do we have moving forward? I don't use too many android apps but not having access to essential android apps would be tough. Either that or BB needs to get on the ball and offer incentives to mainline companies for creating BB10 apps. I am talking Uber, Lyft, Vivint, Netflix, etc. I wish the Federal Trade commission would sue Google to end their monopolistic practices and invalidate the OHA contracts.
    09-30-15 12:37 PM
    What choice do we have moving forward? I don't use too many android apps but not having access to essential android apps would be tough. Either that or BB needs to get on the ball and offer incentives to mainline companies for creating BB10 apps. I am talking Uber, Lyft, Vivint, Netflix, etc. I wish the Federal Trade commission would sue Google to end their monopolistic practices and invalidate the OHA contracts.
    I thought they did sue Google over that, there was a link somewhere on CB about it. And Netflix works on my passport. No idea about uber/lyft, those aren't services I use so don't know if they work or not.
    09-30-15 12:39 PM
    I mostly likely! As they did include the BlackBerry versions of calendar, contacts,tasks etc!

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2639 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    09-30-15 12:53 PM
    In fairness, I would prefer to NOT carry 2 devices. I have done that in the past (heck - 3 at one point: BB Q10, Sony Xperia Z1 and an Apple iPhone 5) and it's not going to work for me. Every phone has it's quirks, but the closest to a livable one is the Passport. I've sideloaded some additional apps which has been a mixed bag for me - some work, some don't because of Google Services. I would still prefer the fully QWERTY keyboard a la Priv as opposed to the hybrid one on the Passport. If I'm going to go between 2 devices, I might go with the Sony Xperia Z5 for the better camera and fingerprint reader and hold onto the Passport for the short-term. The fingerprint reader (biometric login) is getting to become a necessity as although I use the secure picture login it can be a pain in the *** at times (I've taken as much as 5 attempts to login). Still, I HATE giving up on BB10 - it simply works the best out of the box, but unfortunately, without apps it's functionality is limited.
    09-30-15 01:56 PM
    I switched from a Q10 to the iPhone 6S. I want my BlackBerry to run a Blackberry OS. Not some modified android. And they didn't announce that they would keep OS10 going soon enough.
    09-30-15 04:38 PM
    No hating on the Priv, but I prefer BB10 for the time being. I'll use all the BlackBerries available today and then, when they're all extremely outdated, I'll upgrade.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    09-30-15 05:36 PM
    I switched from a Q10 to the iPhone 6S. I want my BlackBerry to run a Blackberry OS. Not some modified android. And they didn't announce that they would keep OS10 going soon enough.
    There's a saying, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything. Guess I'll just keep quiet for now.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    09-30-15 05:36 PM
    Curious what you switching to iPhone added to your premise? I think it did the opposite in suggesting that BlackBerry 10 wasn't cutting it for you.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tufcustomer; 09-30-15 at 09:04 PM.
    09-30-15 06:21 PM
    Well said and I agree on all fronts except two.

1. Your BlackBerry is a conduit to your emails, it should never be your primary email client. Point: drafted emails on BB10+BES10/12 are NOT sync'd with the exchange server.

2. A there are far more important apps on the leading platforms than games or media. Insurance apps do far more than just a logon or submission. Also trading apps are far more abundant informative and in some Enterprises critical - another area of marketing with Heins failed to do as well. Educational apps are far more available and useful to a wide range of audience - something that is completely lacking on Bb10 and it's a shame considering the company is across the street from one of the world's best universities.

Open your kind about apps please because they do add power to your daily runtime. An example in I.T. I can administer a user account away from PC.

Posted via CB10
    Never said it was my primary client for email, but I have access to every email on the go that I have on the home machine.

2nd, yes you are correct, but only to a point. Most commercial apps in that genre are reworked to make access for the device easier, a good idea, yes it makes life easier, but I still do most of those things on the web, with a full keyboard and screen. In a pinch, I've been able to do all of those things from the company website on my BB10 when absolutely necessary. Let's not forget, the big reason for the vast majority of initial ios apps was that the iphone couldn't access any website with flash. Oddly enough, the phone sold in such numbers, it drove app development with apple, everyone else has had to do it the other way around.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    09-30-15 08:56 PM
    This seems to me an interesting phone. I never like android but maybe this time with blackberry i will. Will have to see if carrier will be having this phone when my contract ends or I will get iphone again. My last blackberry was q10 and no carriers in my country carry a blackberry. I was hoping to get the classic and waited and still nothing with the carrier.
    09-30-15 09:28 PM
    Oh i hope they will still have the hub! Maybe in Priv hub will be somekind of app. I like the message organization of blackberry.
    09-30-15 09:34 PM
    Curious what you switching to iPhone added to your premise? I think it did the opposite in suggesting that BlackBerry 10 wasn't cutting it for you.
    No, he's just so incensed by the possibility of BlackBerry dropping BB10 that he'll use the OS he hates the most to spite BlackBerry. That'll show those corporate decision makers! (fists waving)
    MO3iusONE, tufcustomer and JeepBB like this.
    09-30-15 09:35 PM
354 ... 1011121314 ...