As amazingly happy as I am with my wonderful PP
    I will be switching to the priv in a heartbeat
    Always been a sucker for sliders
    But, a dealbreaker (I woul assume, need to check of course) would be the eventual lack of the swiping functionality

Posted from my monster machine, AKA the passport...
    09-29-15 03:49 PM
    With BB10 I found what I was looking for, especially with regard to multitasking and fluidity.

Return to Android? I don't even think about it: I know that Android remains a gruyere and who will steal a Priv will have access to all the personal data of the owner in 3 moves.

There are already several devices on the market on Android: if I wanted to, I would have already have one.

Obviously this slider will sell more but will never happen to see Obama with an Android device: put it in your mind.

There's more: Rim and BlackBerry has dragged us to many strategy changes and for each of these I've put a lot money. NOT to mention stocks.

No longer I'm going to follow his follies, now I just want to wait and see ...
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    09-29-15 03:53 PM
    No sadly I will not. I am loving the look of the hardware but I cannot see myself using android over OS10. I'll probably just bite the bullet and buy a Passport soon as there's been no talk of a sequel to it despite all the launch bravado.
    09-29-15 04:47 PM
    Sounds like there's gonna be a shyte load of PPs for sale when the Priv comes out. Good time to pick up a bargain
    09-29-15 05:21 PM
    As amazingly happy as I am with my wonderful PP
    I will be switching to the priv in a heartbeat
    Always been a sucker for sliders
    But, a dealbreaker (I woul assume, need to check of course) would be the eventual lack of the swiping functionality
    From the leaked video, instead of swipe up and to the right, it's press home and swipe diagonally to the right. Kinda similar. Managing apps will be different though, if they have to stick to Android's way, but maybe they've replaced that (there were pictures of something that looks like Active Frames).
    09-29-15 05:23 PM
    I, and I suspect a slew of others, are holding our collective breath that BB10 makes it - either pre-installed, or as an option to migrate to. Best dream: a dual boot option.
    09-29-15 06:22 PM
    Unfortunately, I think it means that depending upon which Blackberry phone you choose you now can have BB10 or android (as opposed to only having the option of buying a Blackberry with BB10 on it). I keep my blinders on that they are going to make it with BB10, but deep down I think the Priv will only come as a droid.
    09-29-15 06:27 PM
    Unfortunately, I think it means that depending upon which Blackberry phone you choose you now can have BB10 or android (as opposed to only having the option of buying a Blackberry with BB10 on it). I keep my blinders on that they are going to make it with BB10, but deep down I think the Priv will only come as a droid.
    Wouldn't it be in BlackBerry's best interest to sell you two devices? Classic/Passport for security and Priv for Android, with "close enough" to BB10 features? If you're going to wield two devices, why not two BlackBerry's?
    09-29-15 06:40 PM
    It means that they are providing an additional choice to the BB fans. Not that you have choice of operating systems on that specific device. That is my read anyway.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-29-15 06:52 PM
    Wrong forum.. This is targeted to android uses, not bb uses. Granted, makes zero sense to not have a bb10 slider at launch tool, but then again, I can't for the life of remember the last time this stupid organization has made any sense what so ever. Guess my gf will stay with her bold even longer. Whether it's a success really depends on if they get their supply chain fixed, offer it multiple colours and if they can't actually get in stores and into people's hands. All of which I think they won't do at launch, be another classic fiasco all over again.
    Dave Liao and jsmith00075 like this.
    09-29-15 06:59 PM
    I will be getting one. But will keep my Classic as well.

Posted via Classic - 10.3.2.2639 
    09-29-15 07:24 PM
    Wouldn't it be in BlackBerry's best interest to sell you two devices? Classic/Passport for security and Priv for Android, with "close enough" to BB10 features? If you're going to wield two devices, why not two BlackBerry's?
    I think the only people that carry 2 devices these days are those that want or those with a BlackBerry that doesn't do all they want it to.

Otherwise I see no need or want to carry around 2 phones.
    DolemiteDONS and tazcubed like this.
    09-29-15 07:38 PM
    I think the only people that carry 2 devices these days are those that want or those with a BlackBerry that doesn't do all they want it to.

Otherwise I see no need or want to carry around 2 phones.
    That's the thing, it seems like there are people here who supplement their BlackBerry with an Android or iOS device... so why not make that second Android device a Priv?!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-29-15 07:42 PM
    Cant wait to get my hands on one.....
    09-29-15 08:11 PM
    Switching to a Priv no matter what it's running - even Windows Mobile 10 I'd rather it be Android, though, as most of my main apps are Android thanks to Snap.

I have only three native BB10 apps from BlackBerry World installed on my phone, and two are so outdated that they don't work 100%.
    09-29-15 09:56 PM
    Will be getting one as soon as it's affordable or as a Christmas gift *hint hint*

Posted via CB10
    (snap) You not be gettin' any sugar for Christmas. (snap ) ;-)
    09-29-15 10:24 PM
    As a Verizon user, my only option for a new BlackBerry device is the Priv. I'd love to get a Passport, but I'm **** out of luck there. If a BB10 version were available for the Priv, I'd definitely be getting it, but that is not going to happen (the writing is on the wall). I'm hoping that BB will really do a good job with their refinements to Android. I will really miss BB10, so I might just carry my Z10 for a little while as a wifi-only device. We'll see. I have a feeling that if BB does a good job, some current Android users at work may seriously consider the Priv...
    09-29-15 11:24 PM
    I'm coming back to BlackBerry for the Priv.
    09-30-15 12:42 AM
    Why we love BlackBerry, privacy and security!! If the same privacy and security is offered in Priv, why not. I hate Android because of less security and vulnerabilities . Android phone offered by BlackBerry mean secure phone. It could be better than Blackphone!!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 12:59 AM
    When I upgrade from my z10 it'll either be to a z30 or to the next full touch bb10 device that will probably come out sometime next year. There's a demand for bb10 and Chen does realize it and not all of those people want keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 01:37 AM
    Yes, it'll get more updates and up to date apps.
    09-30-15 01:38 AM
    When the time comes to replace my Passport, I will move over to the Priv.
    09-30-15 06:07 AM
    And something VERY VERY important!!
    I must be able to answer to any instant message like BBM or Whatsapp while using another app without leaving the currently used app, I thing BB10 is the only one that allow you to do such an amazing featuring...
    I don't get this, even on BB10, you have to leave app to go to Hub... and even when you exit hub, it just goes back to home screen with frames, you have to "re-enter" the app via the frame...

how is this different than android where you click on notification and go to the app, reply, go process menu and re-enter the app?

I think the note? lets you just reply in an over the app window then when it sends it closes and you resume app, but this isn't an android thing really
    09-30-15 06:36 AM
    I can't wait to try one out and see how it performs.
    09-30-15 06:53 AM
    I'm reading this and other threads surrounding the OS10 v BBDroid debate and it occurs to me that a company can't create a "one size fits all" smartphone, there's many competing desires like:-
    1. Business v Recreation
    2. Security v Open source
    3. Brand loyalty v Pragmatism
    and many others, also a lot of commentaries on BlackBerry's marketing strategy (or lack thereof)

My thoughts are that I'll keep my Z10 as my main driver as I've invested 3 years of getting it to do what I want it to do. When I discovered the CB community I was able to do more with the leak links and other advice offered here. I guess that because BB owners are very creative in working out what to do with devices gives BlackBerry an out in software development, we upgrade our own devices to suit our needs not what Tim Cook thinks we should have!

Do I want my Z10 to do and be more? Yes, however it would need a larger OS, memory space, ridiculously large micro sd card and a stable strong network 4G connection!

We should be more positive about our BlackBerry devices as these posts are part of the "soft sell" in marketing terms, if we who love the BB brand aren't kind to it how can we expect those who don't know BB yet?

I hope that The Priv sells the required units as a hook into the BlackBerry experience for a new audience so that we can say to Priv owners "like your Priv? Try a Z10 or PP, they're real smartphones!"

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 07:40 AM
354 ... 910111213 ...