I personally won't get it. It is final quarter of 2015, and coming out with this sorta hardware? At a predicted/ rumored price of $800? No way.
    Source?
    09-27-15 08:24 PM
    I've long said that all my BB10 is missing is access to all the apps. If the size is reasonable, and not too heavy due to the keyboard, I'm switching for sure. Hopefully the touch screen keyboard is the same as the BB10. I forgot about a push button keyboard a long time ago... It would be great if there was a version without the keyboard for those who don't care about it.
    09-27-15 08:49 PM
    Still to many things to know for a fact (no guessing) about the PRIV.
    The Double curved screen bothers me a little as far as it breaking easily & how do you hold the phone without touching the screen.
    Also how will they keep the os updated or will it be stuck on lollipop.
    If all looks good I'll be glad to support it.
    09-27-15 10:04 PM
    Source?
    It's a rumor, no source lol.
    09-27-15 10:27 PM
    Will be ditching an iphone6plus and Samsung note edge for a couple of Venice's. One for me and one for my girl.

via SE BlackBerry Passport
    09-27-15 10:42 PM
    I am definitely getting a new phone by the end of the year but whether it is the Priv or not is still up in the air. All I know is that if I do get the Priv the first thing I am doing is shutting down Google Services, and removing Google Play Store and all Google-branded apps. So if did that then why get the Priv?

The second thing may or may involve installing BB10 onto it. People have already successfully (and quite easily) installed Android on Windows Phones and onto iPhones. And people have put the W7 mobile OS onto Android phones. And people have got iOS to work on Android handsets. And people have put iOS onto Windows Phone. We already have the BB10 boot loaders and 10.3.3 is coming in March. It is possible that BB10 will only install onto the Priv but not run, or that some aspects of the phone may not work, but still, getting BB10 onto the Priv will not be hard at all and I bet that Chen is betting this will happen. If BlackBerry is now a member of the OHA then there is nothing they could do to stop users from doing this as one of the core tenets of the OHA from Google is that OEMs cannot prevent access to core functionalities of the OS. On one side this means that OEMs cannot prevent the OS from accepting bots and reporting back info. On the other side this means that OEMs cannot prevent users from altering the OS, from blocking data transmission, from gaining root, or from removing the OS all-together.

I have a sneaky feeling that Chen does have a BB10 version and is just keeping it under wraps u til the announcement. "Oh, and did I mention that we also have a BB10 version available through Shop BlackBerry for our loyal BB10 customers?"

If those words are said, this place will blow up with excitement.

Posted via CB10
    He may not have one himself but if anyone believes that there is not a least one floating around BlackBerry, that they did not at least try "to see what happens", or that they did/do not have a full-blown test model is on a oneway trip to Mars.

Let's see, RIM/BlackBerry has been making their own handsets and mobile OS for 16 years or so. For the first time they have a 3rd Party do the handsets with most of the specs/hardware being based on a Samsung Android. Then, the OS itself is Android. Yeah, someone at BlackBerry totally tried this shtiz out. And I'll bet $10 that it was done under "official BlackBerry business", too.

He said today that there is NO BB10 version

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    That only means "no BB10 version planned for retail at this moment".

Think of like this:

A stretch of homes lines both sides of a street. Of the various colors they are painted, only one home is painted green. A new family moves into this green home and decides to paint it blue. Chen, the neighbor, says, "There are no green homes on this street".

Would have but it looks like it has last year's specs again. My xperia z4 tab launched a while ago and it's way more powerful
    For the Android diehards this is true. For BlackBerry/BB10 diehards, those specs are effin' phenomenal. Good thing for BlackBerry that business men and women are not necessarily either.
    Last edited by crucial bbq; 09-28-15 at 12:48 AM.
    09-28-15 12:03 AM
    No switching but here is the plan. Keep the Passport a daily driver, ditch the sammy and buy Privs as year end gifts to my managers and keep a spare for myself.
    09-28-15 12:23 AM
    Think I'll switch to a new old stock 9810.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    09-28-15 01:25 AM
    Ok, thanks. I don't know what I'm talking about.
    Well, you suggested taking the Passport guts and drivers and dropping it into the Priv. The Priv has a different screen and would need a driver for that. (Passport guts -> Priv screen.) The Priv has different cameras, so would need drivers for that. It's the same for addressing the memory and ports. Basically, the Passport guts would need new drivers to deal with some of the Priv hardware. If you're going to spend money and effort on that, why not just spend money making Priv guts work with BB10 in the first place?
    09-28-15 02:31 AM
    I'm still undecided if I'm going to buy one or not. I am getting the priv though, that much I'm sure about... Just not sure on when...
    09-28-15 03:11 AM
    I'll switch to Priv and try to push it to the whole middle managament in my company. BlackBerry Android device with advanced email client will be accepted more positive than HTC, LG or Samsung Android device. Currently we are using Lumia 925 devices and every single person hate it so switch to Android is certain.
    09-28-15 03:16 AM
    It's yet to be seen as the Priv hasn't hit the market for sale yet but if I had to predict the strategy. It would be as follows.....

If the Priv does well within the "prosumer" market, BB10 will either fall back as a secure low-cost fleet OS and devices for top level government, Enterprise and SMB or be discontinued all together. I personally hope it's the latter.

Android variants like the Priv will move in as the alternative for everyone else who may not value security much but would like to see Android become a better communication device.

Bottom line, the Priv needs to do well. This doesn't need to be a home run, it just needs to do better then BB10.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    Thank you for your comment. Just for clarification, did you mean "latter" or "former"?

As not overly familiar with Android, I can only go by what my family, friends and colleagues share with me. However, how will BB be able to lock down the access to the contacts, files, etc with Blandroid? I have been shown many times by Android users how they are unable to control all the permissions: sometimes most, but often none. Indeed most are surprised when I demonstrate the ability in BBOS. Moreover, I am led to believe much of the need for access is actually driven by Google. So, this, in my simple manner of thinking, means essentially no apps. Hence, does this not defeat one of the main reasons for using Android?

Or is this simply a "prosumer" in name only . . .? The Priv is really just an Android with makeup to look like some key elements of BB?
    09-28-15 05:23 AM
    I will buy the Priv and still use my Passport!

Posted via CB10
    Skyforever likes this.
    09-28-15 07:21 AM
    I will buy the Priv and still use my Passport!

Posted via CB10
    Me too.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    09-28-15 07:31 AM
    Lol funny how people say they're getting the phone and it's not out yet and they haven't even tried it or even taken a look at reviews Jr anything if that sort.

For me, IF it's good to me then yeah, I'll get it. If it has all the goodness of BlackBerry with the customization of Android and apps of Play store, then why not?

But of course with my Z30 I currently don't have any reason to spend a cent on another device.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 07:38 AM
    Me

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 08:06 AM
    Lol funny how people say they're getting the phone and it's not out yet and they haven't even tried it or even taken a look at reviews Jr anything if that sort.

For me, IF it's good to me then yeah, I'll get it. If it has all the goodness of BlackBerry with the customization of Android and apps of Play store, then why not?

But of course with my Z30 I currently don't have any reason to spend a cent on another device.

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to buy it regardless of the reviews and judge for myself. I bought the Palm Pre no questions asked.

I'm buying the Priv, worse case scenario I don't like it and return it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-28-15 08:09 AM
    I'm sorry, the logic dosen't work, BB10 is not selling in the numbers we need. There are millions of android phones being sold. Therfore Blackberry will sell millions of android phones. Really? Why?

I'm one of the few fools who uses my phone as a communications tool. I watch movies on a televison, I play games on a gaming pc. I use my phone to keep track of all of my work messages, phone calls, emails, and texts. None of the three android phones were anywhere close to as integrated as my BB10. Trading that so I can get apps for sports scores, insurance apps, movies doesn't appeal to me. It's a marketing game to the masses, and slapping a ubiquitous android o/s on the phone won't make it an instant success.

Chen didn't try to market BB10 in so many ways it's not funny. I don't think he has the patience to see this switch through either. BB will become an app company for the other phones first.
    Well said and I agree on all fronts except two.

1. Your BlackBerry is a conduit to your emails, it should never be your primary email client. Point: drafted emails on BB10+BES10/12 are NOT sync'd with the exchange server.

2. A there are far more important apps on the leading platforms than games or media. Insurance apps do far more than just a logon or submission. Also trading apps are far more abundant informative and in some Enterprises critical - another area of marketing with Heins failed to do as well. Educational apps are far more available and useful to a wide range of audience - something that is completely lacking on Bb10 and it's a shame considering the company is across the street from one of the world's best universities.

Open your kind about apps please because they do add power to your daily runtime. An example in I.T. I can administer a user account away from PC.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 08:20 AM
    I will buy priv for games and media. It's all that PKB that I want. I will keep my beautiful passport as my daily driver, I love BB10.

Posted via  BlackBerry� Passport SE
    09-28-15 08:53 AM
    I was going to. I really wanted the keyboard but when I saw Chen's demo and the fact there are no gestures, that was the deal breaker for me. I can't stand back buttons. I may change my mind later on, but for right now, unless I win one somehow, I'll be sticking with my z30. I'd also like to see fully demoed what type of multitasking, if any, it has.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 08:58 AM
    Those pesky back and home buttons. Damn physical buttons! Except kb.
    09-28-15 09:38 AM
    It's a rumor, no source lol.
    Didn't see any credible font of rumours saying that price. in fact i've seen every kind of price going around from 499$ to 1000$. There's no decent rumour on price. People talk in the 600-700$ because is where the competition is at.
    09-28-15 10:33 AM
    I really like bb10 and prefer to everything I've ever had. But since getting an iPad air recently, I've noticed that some of the apps I'm using there could be nice to have on my phone. This is especially true for work related stuff (I'm a public hs teacher)

My wife also recently got a galaxy s6 after being a diehard appler, and the kids both have cheap galaxy tabs. I like a ton of things about the android os. It and BlackBerry 10 are better than ios to me. So, I will be happy to pick up the priv if it has the hub and is fast and snappy. My z10 is starting to feel like it drags.

Although I recently took my screen protector off because it was all scratched up and Wheew - this thing has a killer screen. So shiny so smooth.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 10:36 AM
    Didn't see any credible font of rumours saying that price. in fact i've seen every kind of price going around from 499$ to 1000$. There's no decent rumour on price. People talk in the 600-700$ because is where the competition is at.
    Regardless, I would not be getting it if it was over 500 anyway. I want to keep different devices with different OS to try out.
    09-28-15 10:42 AM
    Will replace my OnePlus One with Priv... Passport is my Main device...

With my Black Passport
    09-28-15 11:58 AM
354 ... 56789 ...