Will definitely get it and have my Passport as a back up

Posted via CB10
    I think in the forums.. if u are the first passport user to say this..
    But if possible give your poor friends a chance to use your passport luxury for some days..

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 10:16 AM
    If it's got the HUB and their terrific keyboard I'll give it a shot.
    09-27-15 10:16 AM
    I most likely won't, overall I am happy with my BlackBerry Passport SE and BB10 in general. I'd like to try the Priv out though, if I really, really like I might even switch. But as of now, I'll stick with the PP.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 10:18 AM
    Which Android device did you get, JayDee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LG G4
    Amy wineBerry likes this.
    09-27-15 10:18 AM
    I'm going to get the slider, but I'm not going to get rid of my Z30. I'll probably use the both of them and if the slider doesn't do what I need it to do, I'll give it to my son. He currently uses the Z10 but he wants an Android device. So, two birds with one stone lol

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    09-27-15 10:33 AM
    Priv me up scotty
    09-27-15 10:41 AM
    Not interested. For a number of reasons. One, I do not think the footprint of the Q can be matched by the slider. Two, Android. As stated elsewhere, I am not into conspiracy theories: I just like my privacy. And if a company is intent to data mine the heck out of me, I want to have some share of the profits they make in selling my "aggregated data". Three, a fluid, intuitive OS Android is NOT.

As an aside, I still fail to understand, as I wrote elsewhere, what is the strategy of the Slider. It is already possible to lock down an Android with end to end protection. As anyone knows, in a large corporation, I am in Finance, IT controls anything and everything that goes on the phone. Right down to contacts, and essentially no Apps. And as Android is a commodity, it is easy to buy handsets in bulk, in mid-cycle for very very very competitive prices. Especially if you are purchasing 1,000 or more at a time.

By introducing Blandroid, without a clearly published strategy, it seems to me to damage the the BB reputation, add to confusion AND create concerns this is a last ditch effort. In so doing, it only makes groups that might consider BB, indeed BB10, more confused about the intent, and the health of the company. Many IT departments would have to be asking, will Blandroid be around in another corporate phone purchasing cycle?

For the record, I support BB and use my Q's. And have stockpiled a few more just in case no more Q form factor phones are ever introduced.
    It's yet to be seen as the Priv hasn't hit the market for sale yet but if I had to predict the strategy. It would be as follows.....

If the Priv does well within the "prosumer" market, BB10 will either fall back as a secure low-cost fleet OS and devices for top level government, Enterprise and SMB or be discontinued all together. I personally hope it's the latter.

Android variants like the Priv will move in as the alternative for everyone else who may not value security much but would like to see Android become a better communication device.

Bottom line, the Priv needs to do well. This doesn't need to be a home run, it just needs to do better then BB10.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    09-27-15 10:45 AM
    What about drivers for the display? And the new cameras? The memory? Ports?
    Ok, thanks. I don't know what I'm talking about.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    09-27-15 10:49 AM
    What about drivers for the display? And the new cameras? The memory? Ports?
    Ok, thanks. I don't know what I'm talking about.
    What about them? It would cost less to develop drivers for the Slider than it would cost to design and produce new hardware based on Passport components, wouldn't it? How much does anyone think the driver development cost in any scenario?
    09-27-15 12:09 PM
    I hoping someone will leak a bb10 OS for the priv at some point. You know they have one for it. The capacitive keyboard is such a waste without flow.

Posted via CB10
    i dont ever recall the capacitative keyboard working with flow on my passport. it just scrolls up down on websites/hub and left right in my app drawer.
    09-27-15 12:42 PM
    Depending on the price I will definitely get this device. I love Android and there will always be a special place in my heart for BlackBerry so merging the two is just a win win for me.

~TheRealFixxxer
    09-27-15 01:01 PM
    Now BlackBerry with Android, and first time in Android history you will feel safe!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 01:06 PM
    What about them? It would cost less to develop drivers for the Slider than it would cost to design and produce new hardware based on Passport components, wouldn't it? How much does anyone think the driver development cost in any scenario?
    That's the question really isn't it. Nobody seems to know. Evidently too much for BlackBerry.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    09-27-15 01:21 PM
    I personally won't get it. It is final quarter of 2015, and coming out with this sorta hardware? At a predicted/ rumored price of $800? No way.
    09-27-15 01:34 PM
    The Priv will have to include Enterprise email. From the name, I suspect that is the direction BB is headed.
    09-27-15 04:18 PM
    It depends if the priv will have the blackberry hub and push email system

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 04:56 PM
    Sadly, my wife wants an iPhone. I might take over her Z30 when she moves on. my z10 will be discarded.
    09-27-15 06:53 PM
    It depends if the priv will have the blackberry hub and push email system

Posted via CB10
    All of them have push email these days, active sync, BlackBerry push email died with BB10.
    09-27-15 07:09 PM
    My attraction is Google services on BB devices. I would shift to Privy if;
    1. Hub is available.
    2. Email system remains same.
    3. I dislike slider phone. I used torch earlier for 3 yrs but never used slider keypad and it adds weight unnecessarily.

Z30 10.3.2.2639 thru CB10
    09-27-15 07:10 PM
    I'll have to see it first. I wouldn't mind if it's on Android

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 07:12 PM
    Would you still want to get one if BlackBerry releases the BlackBerry Experience for iOS? I mean, iOS has a better ecosystem, better security, and, arguably, a much, much better UI. The iPhone 6s camera is incredible and megapixels aside, should perform much better than anything using Android's awful camera software.

Given that you seem to live in the United States, and Android has pretty much lost the higher-end market to iOS, how much would you be willing to pay for that physical keyboard? With the Moto X Pure starting at $399 with very similar specs to the Priv, would you pay $499 for it?

Right now, I'm torn, I think there's more of the talent and inspiration that made BlackBerry 10 at Apple than at BlackBerry. And, the iPhone 7 will be a lot close to what we'd hoped the future would hold for BlackBerry 10 than Android or possibly BlackBerry 10 under Chen. Rumors say that Apple will be doing away with the home button, using an all-gesture based UI, implementing changes to a shared iOS/OSX kernel by Sebestion Marineux, pretty much the best programmer who ever worked for QNX, and some really cool Blendy distributed computing stuff. Android will continue to court the low-end and have an inferior ecosystem plagued by fragmentation.

The Priv isn't a BlackBerry. It just says BlackBerry on it. So, you should be free to go to a different platform without feeling disloyal. BlackBerry left you, not the other way around. I'd consider iOS *and* a Lumia 950XL, believe it or not. Microsoft Edge, the speediest, best browser around for general use -- and mobile use in particular -- is a universal windows app, so it runs on both phone and desktop. Clearly iOS has an edge with its ecosystem, but Windows 10 mobile has a shot to grow significantly. BlackBerrry is now out of the platform game as its just another device builder with the Priv, pretty much no reason to consider the Priv other than the keyboard.
    Great Post...I just came from a Nokia 925 Phone to a Z30 I really enjoy BB10 but I am just gonna sit back and wait and see if Blackberry ever release another BB10 phone. I was eyeing a Passport but I will hold off. Being a small business owner I understand the move that BB is making. They need to make money to survive. I have made changes to ensure that I can maximize income and not rely on other areas that use to be secure but have change due to a changing market.

I will wait and see the Priv before I pass judgement...not alot of faith in Android.
    Last edited by Bay 13; 09-27-15 at 07:41 PM.
    09-27-15 07:15 PM
    If it's got the HUB and their terrific keyboard I'll give it a shot.
    My kids (grown up kids) have iPhone, played around with them and can't get on with them. Android - hate it, our IT department changed providers and we all got issued with Samsung galaxy phones, couldn't get on with it at all, my boss let me keep my Blackberry (Z30) and eventually changed to Black Passport (now have SE Passport) and love it. The keyboard is sublime (tried the Classic in-store and not a patch on the Passport for quality and feel).

Point being as OP says "If its got the HUB and their terrific keyboard I'll give it a shot" I would possibly be tempted myself. I don't crave for the trending app's or games they don't interest me however there are some really useful app's for business and productivity that I could die for to make my life a little easier all of which are available on the Google store (Android), anyway will have to wait and see as and when it hits UK shores.
    09-27-15 07:29 PM
    I'm not going to say "never", but it is highly doubtful that there is a Priv in my future. I have four BlackBerry 10 devices that I can use. When they die, I dunno...

BlackBerry 10 has been the best OS I've ever used.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 07:56 PM
    Precisely why I dropped android and got into BlackBerry. I don't understand why the vast majority of people don't care about the abuse they are subjected to. In this country at least, the government is supposed of the people, for the people and by the people. It is NOT that way anymore. Those very people are for the most part oblivious to how their government views them. Drones and useless. They use Google and the nsa to control us and people just say oh well. Would be amazing if people woke up and said NO MORE!

Posted via CB10
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    09-27-15 08:00 PM
    I'm using Classic now and might get a Passport. But not the Priv. Excited to see how it will go though and hope for the best. For myself, I am yet to be ready to get an android powered device even with a slight touch of BlackBerry�.

I might not be keen on the Priv, but I support BlackBerry� all the way.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2639
    09-27-15 08:11 PM
354 ... 45678 ...