I stay with BB10, like to have some privacy as far it's possible, but not with google.

Android is google is NSA and is protecting the intrest of the US , with Apple, Facebook ,whatsapp. NSA wanted blackberry to see moved away because encryption is bad for information. Like the former NSA General counsel Stewart Baker told that Apple and Google were coperated with the NSA . He said "BlackBerry is restricted them self to sell" en "encrypting user data had been a bad business model for Blackberry" not for Apple and Google when the coperate. Business with BES where forced to give there encryption and more was going on in the media.

You ask people tif hey go to Android your right if you have facebook,whatsapp, google + or whatever they have your profile and profile rate to sell to assurance, financial and more companies. Maybe you pay more than your neighbours because you don't only share but also have friends that are connected to you that could give you a bad rating . please use all that stuff and Yes facebook must have now around 1,5 Billion Profile's for sale for all kind of rating and business.

That's why I use BlackBerry and NO android or Apple. Cheers , s

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_te...ncryption.html
    09-26-15 05:50 PM
    To answer OP, in a heartbeat. BB10 is dead. Get over it. Snapchat awaits you.
    09-26-15 05:58 PM
    I'll get the Priv and keep my Z30 as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 06:07 PM
    This means I'll be able to get the Garmin Connect app for my Garmin watch
    Hell yes! I love my Fenix 3, that will be really nice.
    RigoMonster likes this.
    09-26-15 06:09 PM
    Debating whether I should switch.. never had an android. Z30 works great but Priv is compelling.

Posted via CB10
    Android isn't quite so bad, it has its merits and does have strengths over BlackBerry in some areas.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 06:16 PM
    I shall be switching from Passport to Priv with OS 10! Who else is switching and please mention Priv Android or BB10

Posted via CB10
    What Priv with OS10? Are you buying it from a parallel universe?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    Bay 13 likes this.
    09-26-15 06:49 PM
    There is no slider with BlackBerry 10
    Yet.

Z10 10.3.1.2267 via CB10
    09-26-15 07:01 PM
    You know they have bb10 running on this device internally, they just aren't releasing it. Now maybe someone will leak it? Probably not though.

Posted via CB10
    Damn them! Why not just release it. I would definitely get it but very reluctant to get Android version
    09-26-15 07:04 PM
    Came from android for the keyboard, first blackberry was a q10, now switching between the classic and z30. Love the hub, search from keyboard, bedside clock & blackberry travel. Hope these will be in the android version. The form factor is perfect. Ill give it a go depending on price and availability down here

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 09:17 PM
    LOL BP don't get your hope high OS 10 pretty much stagnant (I want to say dead) there is no BlackBerry 10 slider
    09-26-15 09:23 PM
    I really love my Silver Passport, but ATT network is not as good as Verizon, at least in my areas of Home and Work. So im definitely looking to pick up a Priv with Android. Plus i get a better discount with Verizon than with ATT.
    09-26-15 09:28 PM
    I love OS 10 and BlackBerry harware! Not much fan of Android! I am fully agree with BlackBerry's decision but if I like Mercedes-Benz that doesn't mean I hate BMW

Posted via CB10
    That should read.."like Mercedes Benz doesn't mean I hate Chevrolet." Android is far from premium, it's for the masses.
    09-26-15 10:14 PM
    Would have but it looks like it has last year's specs again. My xperia z4 tab launched a while ago and it's way more powerful
    Well BB10 devices generally launched with specs older than last year's specs so still an improvement lol.

BTW, your Z4 tab, outside of the 810 which as per users on this thread and other non CB forums has its issues what exactly is more powerful?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 10:33 PM
    I'd say there are a few premium Android devices out there ... Asus Zenphone 2 and Sony Xperia Z5 Premium.
    09-26-15 10:35 PM
    Bottom line is that If Blackberry sells the Priv with BB10 OS, very few people will buy it, because of the lack of apps. the latest earnings report stated 800,000 BB10 phones sold which includes, the Classic, Passport, Passport SE, the Leap, Z3, and Z30. So you do the math, unless the BB10 slider sold more than 1 million it's not practical and cost effective. Chen said they need to sell 8-10 million phones a year to make hardware affordable. So no there will be no BB10 slider, get used to it.
    I'm sorry, the logic dosen't work, BB10 is not selling in the numbers we need. There are millions of android phones being sold. Therfore Blackberry will sell millions of android phones. Really? Why?

I'm one of the few fools who uses my phone as a communications tool. I watch movies on a televison, I play games on a gaming pc. I use my phone to keep track of all of my work messages, phone calls, emails, and texts. None of the three android phones were anywhere close to as integrated as my BB10. Trading that so I can get apps for sports scores, insurance apps, movies doesn't appeal to me. It's a marketing game to the masses, and slapping a ubiquitous android o/s on the phone won't make it an instant success.

Chen didn't try to market BB10 in so many ways it's not funny. I don't think he has the patience to see this switch through either. BB will become an app company for the other phones first.
    Bay 13 and halfnibble like this.
    09-26-15 10:35 PM
    I probably will mainly because I'm a dirty sloot for anything bbry hahaha. Still looks like a sick phone doeeee

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 10:36 PM
    I'll be getting 2 the day it's released. One for myself (switching from Passport) and one for my wife (switching from Z30). I also convinced my brother and his wife to get it as well once it's released (both are iPhone 5s users).
    09-26-15 11:23 PM
    I hoping someone will leak a bb10 OS for the priv at some point. You know they have one for it. The capacitive keyboard is such a waste without flow.

Posted via CB10
    You people hope for the impossible.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-26-15 11:28 PM
    Passport is my virtual notebook, tablet, mobile and there is no way I'm moving away from this wonder beast..

Posted via my favorite Passport
    09-26-15 11:42 PM
    I must try it for myself. I'll probably sell my original BlackBerry Passport, to help towards the cost...
    09-26-15 11:42 PM
    I can keep my Q10 Gold and 'priv' together!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 01:02 AM
    Nobody knew about Passport SE so hope is not a bad thing! May be we will have 'priv' with OS 10

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 01:04 AM
    You people hope for the impossible.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Maybe they believe that Qualcomm change their mind and decided to create BB10 drivers for the slider just so BB could leak the OS to a few thousand users.

The biggest Stat about the 800k phones that BB sold last quarter was the ASP was $240. Low end phones that have been deeply discounted.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    09-27-15 01:12 AM
    Ask said in my previous post, I am buying two of them the day it's released and giving my passport to my nephew in Florida.
    Would you still want to get one if BlackBerry releases the BlackBerry Experience for iOS? I mean, iOS has a better ecosystem, better security, and, arguably, a much, much better UI. The iPhone 6s camera is incredible and megapixels aside, should perform much better than anything using Android's awful camera software.

Given that you seem to live in the United States, and Android has pretty much lost the higher-end market to iOS, how much would you be willing to pay for that physical keyboard? With the Moto X Pure starting at $399 with very similar specs to the Priv, would you pay $499 for it?

Right now, I'm torn, I think there's more of the talent and inspiration that made BlackBerry 10 at Apple than at BlackBerry. And, the iPhone 7 will be a lot close to what we'd hoped the future would hold for BlackBerry 10 than Android or possibly BlackBerry 10 under Chen. Rumors say that Apple will be doing away with the home button, using an all-gesture based UI, implementing changes to a shared iOS/OSX kernel by Sebestion Marineux, pretty much the best programmer who ever worked for QNX, and some really cool Blendy distributed computing stuff. Android will continue to court the low-end and have an inferior ecosystem plagued by fragmentation.

The Priv isn't a BlackBerry. It just says BlackBerry on it. So, you should be free to go to a different platform without feeling disloyal. BlackBerry left you, not the other way around. I'd consider iOS *and* a Lumia 950XL, believe it or not. Microsoft Edge, the speediest, best browser around for general use -- and mobile use in particular -- is a universal windows app, so it runs on both phone and desktop. Clearly iOS has an edge with its ecosystem, but Windows 10 mobile has a shot to grow significantly. BlackBerrry is now out of the platform game as its just another device builder with the Priv, pretty much no reason to consider the Priv other than the keyboard.
    09-27-15 01:36 AM
    I read a thread like this and it makes me wonder about the collective intelligence of the people here.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-27-15 01:39 AM
354 ... 23456 ...