Just ordered a Pixel2 XL. I'll have it Friday. I've had Blackberrys since the 7100g. This is a sad day for me. Along with the blackberry keyboard, what other blackberry apps do you suggest? Hopefully Password Keeper is available.
    12-13-17 03:39 PM
    My PRIV started randomly shutting down just about two years to the day that I received it. My wife's (purchased when on sale last Christmas has just started doing the same thing (it's still on warranty).

I've moved on to a Moto G5 Plus with literally no complaints. It's way quicker and never heats up.
    12-13-17 05:33 PM
    Yesterday was a sad day my Priv died, so moved on to a Samsung Galaxy S8+...
    what do you mean ? how this happened ???
    12-15-17 03:56 AM
    PRIV EOL. No more security monthly updates. I moved onto DTEKs several months ago. Getting KEYone sometime after Christmas.
    12-15-17 04:32 AM
    PRIV EOL. No more security monthly updates. I moved onto DTEKs several months ago. Getting KEYone sometime after Christmas.
    Well, the devices should still continue working well into 2018 and beyond. Prices have dropped dramatically, brand new Priv's are currently around 210€ in EU. However to those who absolutely NEED to have the latest security update, then yeah time to move to K1/Motion.
    12-15-17 04:53 AM
    "Priv ...... the phone was just overpriced. " Just bought a brand new one, factory unlocked, for C$325. Not too shabby these days.
    01-13-18 07:58 PM
    Reluctantly switched from PRIV to a KEYone this week. Really loved the PRIV but not the issues mentioned by all. The KEYone is a Beast. Dealing with smaller screen. All in all, very happy with the K-1. Heavy use for 16 hrs with 32% battery life left. Just could not depend on not having the updates. My BlackBerrys are my work horses.
    01-13-18 09:37 PM
    I too am having issues with pairing the KEYone to my car. Suggestions?
    01-13-18 09:43 PM
    I bought the 4/64 K1 on BF, and the Priv went to my daughter. She doesn't use Facebook, so she gets enough battery life to last her the day. All she really needs is email, browser and whatever messaging app du jour her friends are using.

I like the K1 but miss the Priv camera. It was by far the best I'd used on a phone, much better than the K1. The much larger sensor on the Priv made all the difference.
    01-14-18 09:33 AM
    Liked the Priv for the past two years, but recent GPS issues motivated me to move on so I could find my way. I have yet to find a solution for wonky GPS which started a few months ago. Just ordered a Sony XZ1 so I will see what it's like to switch. Or, I could go back to my Moto X (original) which is still a great phone (but just a touch small).
    01-14-18 01:38 PM
    Liked the Priv for the past two years, but recent GPS issues motivated me to move on so I could find my way. I have yet to find a solution for wonky GPS which started a few months ago.
    Like you I have and still am enjoying my Priv since launch for 2+ years now. I also suffer from the wonky GPS issue which started last Fall after a Security Patch update. Prior to that it was functioning just fine... currently I can't get my Priv to lock onto a GPS connection anywhere with consistency. It's extremely frustrating... 😞

Last week I was finally able to get up close and personal with a KEYone at Best Buy. I was impressed with the appearance and how it felt in my hands. I wasn't able to get to involved with it being a demo device but it did peak my interest. I have held off getting a KEYone for a host of reasons... being a 1st generation device it has had numerous reported issues and shortcomings.

I will be looking very closely at the rumored devices from TCL/BBMo in 2018. A 2nd generation KEYone with updated/upgraded specs will most definitely be a device I will consider... maybe a Priv 2 is in the works. Wishful thinking I'm sure however.

I have checked out the Pixel 2 and the 2 XL. Both are very nice devices and they are worth considering if TCL/BBMo doesn't release a PKB device that is a considerable upgrade than their current BlackBerry devices. I really want to stay with a PKB device as I am totally inept using a VKB exclusively.

So for now I will hang onto my Priv and deal with the GPS issue and some laggy performance until I see what TCL/BBMo releases in 2018.

Bob
    01-14-18 02:08 PM
111 ... 345