I was wondering whether any of you has decided to switch from PRIV to another device, or already did. Especially now the PRIV is discontinued by BlackBerry and no more software upgrade coming, I was wondering whether there are many people switching to KEYone, or Motion. Or maybe another device?

I think I will hang on to my PRIV for a while. I was really doubting whether to change device by going for KEYone, but I decided it is not yet the time to move on. The PRIV still works great for me, and as long as it receives the monthly security updates I think I'm fine.

How about you? Switching to the newer BlackBerry Mobile devices? Or maybe going back to BlackBerry 10? Or switching to iOS or another Android? Looking forward to hearing your choices and motivations!
    Steelsheen likes this.
    10-27-17 10:37 AM
    Plan to use it for at least 2 more years. I guess, this is still the most complete BlackBerry around.

Sent from my STV100-3 using CB Forums mobile app
    Steelsheen likes this.
    10-27-17 10:41 AM
    I am holding onto the PRIV as long as I can. Love the device and do not have chronic issues with it

Sent from my STV100-1 using CB Forums mobile app
    Steelsheen likes this.
    10-27-17 10:42 AM
    I am around a year into a 2 year contract on a PRIV. I will very strongly consider keeping it after that point, as it does everything well for me.

I am not a "power user", so I'm not chewing up the battery with location services / maps, etc.

If I do move on my first priority will be "who has a physical keyboard". If I can't get that then the next criteria will be how wide a phone I can afford, as I cannot type on a narrow screen.

The PRIV will be around for quite a while, however.
    10-27-17 11:27 AM
    Having owned my Priv since launch, just shy of 2 years, I am keeping it. I haven't experienced the issues some have noted and the Priv meets my needs just fine.

I did consider migrating to a KEYone but I was put off by all the issues with the screens detaching with the early production run of KEYones. I assume that's been squared away. Following the threads in the KEYone Forum I haven't been thoroughly convinced moving to a KEYone, from my well functioning Priv, is of any benefit. Certainly not any significant performance features that will enhance my needs.

So I plan on keeping my Priv for the time being with the hope BlackBerry will release an update that will provide some performance enhancements. If not, no big deal, as it is a great device as it is in my opinion.

If a KEYone is released with significant upgrades I will undoubtedly give it consideration, but for the time being I'm good to go with my Priv.

Bob
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    10-27-17 01:05 PM
    Especially now the PRIV is discontinued by BlackBerry and no more software upgrade coming
    I think it's important to note that while the Blackberry Priv might not be getting Android Version Upgrades, it's still getting monthly security updates well into 2018 which is important. (As you mentioned later on) 😃

I was wondering whether there are many people switching to KEYone, or Motion. Or maybe another device?
    For now, I'm still really happy with my Priv. Having the large display and the option of using a physical keyboard when I want is the best of both worlds. I don't know if a Priv 2 is in the works but that would be the 1st prize for me. Second place would be the 2018 KEYtwo 😃 (might have a OLED display)

I do love the massive battery of the Blackberry Motion though. Just have never been as accurate typing on glass. So the Blackberry Motion is a potential option.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-27-17 02:17 PM
    Funny, quite some positive opinions on the PRIV here. I have noticed quite some negativity on the PRIV on the CB forums.

I almost bought a KEYone as I have to extend my contract. but I decided to stick with my PRIV and have Sim Only which saves me 15 euro's per month I still love the PRIV, but I do hate some of its flaws. such as the slow performance sometimes especially on Maps. but I love the big amoled screen and the fact I can still use a physical keyboard. I'll wait for the KEYtwo or a PRIV2 as well I guess
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-27-17 04:25 PM
    I was wondering whether any of you has decided to switch from PRIV to another device, or already did. Especially now the PRIV is discontinued by BlackBerry and no more software upgrade coming, I was wondering whether there are many people switching to KEYone, or Motion. Or maybe another device?

I think I will hang on to my PRIV for a while. I was really doubting whether to change device by going for KEYone, but I decided it is not yet the time to move on. The PRIV still works great for me, and as long as it receives the monthly security updates I think I'm fine.

How about you? Switching to the newer BlackBerry Mobile devices? Or maybe going back to BlackBerry 10? Or switching to iOS or another Android? Looking forward to hearing your choices and motivations!
    I switched to the keyone best decision I ever made. Far superior to the PRIV the battery live on this device is just unreal..its been on since 6am and I am still at 50 percent! Priv battery was horrible and the phone was just overpriced. Very happy with my purchase I will keep this phone for a very long time
    ck2nb likes this.
    10-27-17 05:16 PM
    I think it's important to note that while the Blackberry Priv might not be getting Android Version Upgrades, it's still getting monthly security updates well into 2018 which is important. (As you mentioned later on) 😃

For now, I'm still really happy with my Priv. Having the large display and the option of using a physical keyboard when I want is the best of both worlds. I don't know if a Priv 2 is in the works but that would be the 1st prize for me. Second place would be the 2018 KEYtwo 😃 (might have a OLED display)

I do love the massive battery of the Blackberry Motion though. Just have never been as accurate typing on glass. So the Blackberry Motion is a potential option.
    When will security updates stop in 2018?? Q4?? Or. Early 2018?
    10-27-17 06:35 PM
    The Motion is looking better and better. I like my Priv, but find myself rarely using the keyboard. So I'm leaning towards getting the Motion now. I wasn't thrilled with all the screen fallout. bad reception, keyboard lights not working posts on the forums about the KEYone. Hoping the Motion comes to the States and avoids carrier exclusives.
    10-27-17 06:38 PM
    pixel will be my next phone, done with BlackBerry
    10-27-17 09:02 PM
    priv has become #2 to my daily driver which is an xz premium by sony loaded up with the hub. With the passing of BB10 it's now an android with a BlackBerry overlay. I'm no longer use the PKB much so might as well get the best android experience I can
    10-27-17 11:35 PM
    When will security updates stop in 2018?? Q4?? Or. Early 2018?
    Sometimes not knowing is the best. That way we can just enjoy getting the updates each month and one-day it will stop. There is no definite answer right now. Plans always change as months go by.

Alex Thurber said that, they plan to give out updates for as long as Google provides them for Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Google seems to like Oct or Nov for their security and OS upgrade cuts off points so that would be my GUESS.

Google may have a special agreement with Blackberry Mobile going forward to support their devices for longer. We will have to wait and see 😃
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-28-17 02:07 AM
    sometime next spring or summer I will get a K1... but in no hurry right now.
    10-28-17 05:38 AM
    I will move to the OnePlus 5t when it is released and purchase the BlacklBerry suite of apps. Gotta keep supporting BlackBerry.
    10-28-17 10:54 AM
    It's funny but I actually went back to BB10 and my Passport after giving my Priv two or three tries. It was OK but the battery life was hit or miss. I'm not a power user by any means.

Some days the battery would be awesome and then the next day the battery would be done way too fast. Things that I could get done super quickly in BB10 would take me longer to do.

This is just my opinion and I know some users love the priv and android as a whole. I personally just can't get used to it.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    10-28-17 11:35 AM
    i am using a nexus 5x now. same specs but so much smoother and the latest android updates.
    10-28-17 12:12 PM
    It's funny but I actually went back to BB10 and my Passport after giving my Priv two or three tries. It was OK but the battery life was hit or miss. I'm not a power user by any means.

Some days the battery would be awesome and then the next day the battery would be done way too fast. Things that I could get done super quickly in BB10 would take me longer to do.

This is just my opinion and I know some users love the priv and android as a whole. I personally just can't get used to it.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    Don't you miss the apps? I mean, I really need the turn by turn navigation of Google Maps and my banking stuff
    10-28-17 06:19 PM
    Love my Priv since release but I have moved it to my secondary number now as I have moved in a Pixel 2xl for my main line. Have used BlackBerry phones since the pager and have used Nexus and Samsung phones on other lines but the second I began using the Pixel 2xl that was it. I cannot tell you how superior a phone this is. Even the BlackBerry keyboard is better on this than on a Priv or any other phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Who is switching, or has switched, from PRIV?-7567.jpg  
    10-29-17 08:33 AM
    I am also using the BlackBerry keyboard on the Nexus 5x and its working great.
    10-29-17 12:43 PM
    I've recently decided that PRIV will be my last BlackBerry. I like the PRIV a lot but just too many issues with the overheating and now lack of further OS updates. Keyboard isn't as much of a priority in my life to even consider KeyOne. Looking for something high end and will consider Pixel 2 after researching.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    10-30-17 04:32 PM
    I've been Blackberry user since 2007 on the BB 8800. Bough almost all new Blackberrys at launch

Loved the priv Form-factor, but couldn't stand the performance and lack of updates. I'm stuck with a laggy 2 year old phone, with a 2 year old OS. Thats unaceptable for a device that cost 780€.

Today Blackberry is just an Android phone with a keyboard, and the physical keyboard doesn't even feel "integrated" in the OS like it did with BB10. That's the problem ALL android phones have, One maker did the software, another one made the Hardware... it doesn't feel like they were make for each other like it did with BB10 or iOS

After 10 loyal years, I'm switching to iphone X, I'm sick of lag and unconsistent performance, and awefull post-purchase updates and support.
    10-30-17 05:24 PM
    The iPhone x is calling to me but I have so much trouble typing on a glass slab. it's just not as accurate.

not sure if I will regret getting the iPhone x instead of the k1
    10-30-17 09:14 PM
    I've ordered a Pixel 2 XL so after 15 years this will be the first time not on BlackBerry. The PRIV proved well to transition me from BBOS to Android. If there were a PRIV2 I would have jumped at it but if I am going to go all touch then I might as well go all google. The PRIV is showing it's age - it's almost like the old BB7 days where the daily need to clear cache and reboot is like the battery pull. The battery life is attrotious and it is so slow at times - you can count to at least 5 from the time you tap an icon before it launches. But 2 years seems to be the lifespan for phone so it's the end of an era for me.
    10-31-17 05:34 AM
    I've ordered a Pixel 2 XL so after 15 years this will be the first time not on BlackBerry. The PRIV proved well to transition me from BBOS to Android. If there were a PRIV2 I would have jumped at it but if I am going to go all touch then I might as well go all google. The PRIV is showing it's age - it's almost like the old BB7 days where the daily need to clear cache and reboot is like the battery pull. The battery life is attrotious and it is so slow at times - you can count to at least 5 from the time you tap an icon before it launches. But 2 years seems to be the lifespan for phone so it's the end of an era for me.
    It's interesting, I'm in the exact same boat as you, and experiencing the same symptoms. It's very disappointing and I'm leaning towards Pixel 2 as well.
    10-31-17 08:57 AM
111 123 ...