Me... if another maker brought it out, I would jump...
    mbirth likes this.
    04-22-17 10:41 AM
    I do. The build quality is disturbing that is why I will buy the KEYone on day one.
    04-22-17 12:16 PM
    Me too! Yes Android by BlackBerry is better than stock android
    04-22-17 01:28 PM
    Having the option of both pkb and vkb is the best
    mbirth and qwerty4ever like this.
    04-22-17 01:31 PM
    me, keyone future option.
    04-22-17 04:24 PM
    +1... 👍

Bob
    04-22-17 06:09 PM
    Still like the Priv with keyboard options and concur, BB Android is better.
    04-22-17 07:51 PM
    Well that and the great screen
    04-22-17 08:50 PM
    Me... if another maker brought it out, I would jump...
    The physical keyboard is not BlackBerry's best, but the screen is pretty and big, so I can forgive that.

I also love the BlackBerry launcher and the software. Even if I were on another phone, I would still like all of the BlackBerry software anyways.

The camera is also very good, which is still better than the newer Dtek 60.
    Gray likes this.
    04-22-17 09:43 PM
    Agreed

This is one of the main reasons I purchased the device. It allows me to have a nice large 5.4" inch display when I need it but also allows me to use a keyboard that does not affect screen real-estate.

Is the build quality suspicious? Yes, and it could be better, but it's got the form factor I love and wanted for years so I'm willing to ignore some quality issues

Crossing fingers for a PRIV 2 down the road.
    qwerty4ever and Sigewif like this.
    04-23-17 02:21 AM
    Agreed

This is one of the main reasons I purchased the device. It allows me to have a nice large 5.4" inch display when I need it but also allows me to use a keyboard that does not affect screen real-estate.

Is the build quality suspicious? Yes, and it could be better, but it's got the form factor I love and wanted for years so I'm willing to ignore some quality issues

All these.

Pkb is what I use for long text input like work email. Nothing beats pkb for typing accuracy. For quick text input, the vkb is not bad at all but the typos are an irritant.

I'd buy a Priv 2 in a heartbeat.
    04-23-17 08:15 AM
    Love the form factor too, the slider is so cool. And having the trackpad is great, even if it's vastly inferior to the Passport's.
    Coming from the Passport & Leap, the camera & especially video camera are good upgrades.
    Will be interested to see the Keyone, & will probably go down to Selfridges this week, but with the Priv working flawlessly ( & receiving updates), hopefully no reason to change for a couple of years.
    04-23-17 08:37 AM
    I wish for BlackBerry Priv 2 PKB WITHOUT security rootable
    Last edited by patapoof; 04-23-17 at 09:43 AM.
    04-23-17 08:59 AM
    The very best.
    04-23-17 09:17 AM
    Have you tried the VKB? I know so many that said they would never switch. But it in grand scheme of things, it is not a big deal. I think the millions that left BlackBerry to VKB would agree.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 10:12 AM

even this old stuff I picked up last month beats every vkb tested, including the one on the priv
    04-23-17 01:11 PM
    ? upside down. no clue why
    04-23-17 01:12 PM
    ? upside down. no clue why
    I really wish there were more slider phones on the market. They were so cool! It's so satisfying when you have finished typing a message and then close the screen over the keyboard.

I tested the sound on my Priv against my Sony Ericsson W910i and my Blackberry Torch 9810. They all sound quite similar
    Gray likes this.
    04-23-17 02:46 PM
    Without a physical keyboard I might not even have a smartphone. BlackBerry abandoning their iconic feature would be suicide...oh wait!
    04-24-17 07:33 AM
    I'm happy with the build quality on my PRIV.

Now trying to talk the wife into going with a PRIV or possibly S6 Samsung - she has an 8g iPhone that's out of space - of course, you can't expand the (some expletives and creative statements removed) thing - whereas I can get her into 'Droid for next to nothing and be able to expand!

Although the keyboard isn't quite as good as what my Classic had, it's still a PHYSICAL keyboard and I live it, eh!

KeyONE does look interesting, but I've come to really like the big screen of the PRIV and I'm in a contract now so I will stay put.
    04-24-17 08:37 AM
    I too like the screen size and the option of both types of keyboard. I am not switching to the KEYone; the Priv is working just fine.

I am also a fan of BlackBerry slider phones. I like the little extra weight and the size and find the Priv well suited and balanced for either pkb or vkb use. And the ability to navigate and select text all via the pkb is a wonderful feature.
    glwerry likes this.
    04-24-17 08:44 AM
    Without a physical keyboard I might not even have a smartphone. BlackBerry abandoning their iconic feature would be suicide...oh wait!
    That's interesting. I know a number of people that moved to the Z30 and then decided that when the Priv came out, that they were NOT going back to a physical keyboard.
    04-24-17 08:57 AM
    That's interesting. I know a number of people that moved to the Z30 and then decided that when the Priv came out, that they were NOT going back to a physical keyboard.
    My experience is just the opposite. The PRIV's VKB is half-decent, but I just can't deal with it on a regular basis.
    My wife has an iPhone 5c - much narrower - I can't even put in our wi-fi password on it without wanting to hurl the stupid thing against the wall!

So, PKB for me until they aren't available any more!
    FF22 likes this.
    04-24-17 09:36 AM
    Agreed

My thoughts exactly. I love the large screen an the physical keyboard that I can put away when I am done typing on it. The KEYone looks like a great phone but the form factor of the Priv can't be beat as far as I am concerned. A Priv 2 would be would be great.
    04-24-17 10:29 AM
    Pkb pretty much is the only reason I still have the phone. I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the performance, especially with Pokemon Go. It's constantly running out of memory and lags like crazy so have to restart it about once per hour. On the other hand, I'm really in love with the form factor. It is actually my first phone with a qwerty-keyboard and it is all that I've hoped for. My dream used to be Nokia N900, but couldn't afford it back then as a student. Ever since then it's been really frustrating there hasn't been good options with pkb so when Priv came out it was no brainer even though they don't sell it here in Finland.

Now I'm not sure where to go from here. It doesn't look like Blackberry is coming up with a phone that can handle my needs. Keyone seems to have overall inferior specs and doesn't even have slider keyboard. Other option would be Samsung Galaxy S8 with the Keyboard cover, but somehow I just have a feeling it's gonna be a lackluster after all the clever tricks Blackberry keyboard can do.

Probably will just have to keep 2 phones, one for business and messaging and the other for games and entertainment. Which is less than ideal when I'm already drowning in all sorts of gadgets as it is.
    04-24-17 02:03 PM
26 12