I am not upgrading now as I have my passport and q10 with me if I will have interest on priv I will buy it later.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 08:51 PM
    No, I don't plan on upgrading to the Priv.
    LuisCast likes this.
    10-24-15 08:55 PM
    Had it supported BB10 I would have been a first adopter like every BBRY I have owned since 2004. Due to the lack of Privacy on the PRIV being Android based it's not for me. However, I fully understand why Chen has gone this route. Us 0.3 percenters isn't enough to make BBRY successful. I am confident the Priv will sell better than all BB10 devices combined todate. If and when the Priv provides privacy from Google I might in fact consider it. The lack of privacy support is the biggest reason I can't jump on board just yet. The name is very misleading.
    extisis, MO3iusONE and BB10QNX like this.
    10-24-15 08:59 PM
    I have no real interest in upgrading from my Q10, but if i decided to go android, I would purchase the Note 5.
    extisis and LuisCast like this.
    10-24-15 09:44 PM
    I'll wait till the price drops after a few months

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 09:54 PM
    If this ever comes out in BlackBerry instead of android I would like it someday when its cheaper or i have more money. A full screen plus keyboard would be real nice to have, but otherwise my only unbought phone i want is the Classic.
    I might consider it if it is on BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 10:39 PM
    When or if the price is lower... I'll buy one to complement my Passport, not to replace it.
    Oh I'm 100 percent sure the price will drop.. The real question is whether you're willing to wait however long it may take for that price drop.
    10-24-15 10:55 PM
    Loving my q10 and one plus two !! Wishing priv a great success sincerely
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-25-15 12:10 AM
    Yeah, no. I'll keep my Z10 until it dies, and then probably go Windows 10 phone...

I know, I'm weird, but I have had very good success with Win10 on a tablet, and am very impressed so far... so much so I've been contemplating making the jump now and selling the Z10 off... heresy, I know... besides I LIKE LOVE my Z10 and the Hub... Microsoft and their right side Action Center feature on 10 is pretty cool but it could be better - the stuff I've seen on IOS and Android aren't even close...
    LuisCast likes this.
    10-25-15 12:31 AM
    Hell NO When i have a perfectly good passport with no problems this may be sad but I'm begining to not care so much for app's gues I'm getting old..er ...a phone is just a phone anymore.
    Not sad at all - agree completely re: apps (as well as having a perfectly good Passport - which is the best smartphone I've ever had).
    10-25-15 07:05 AM
    I won't be. First of all because I just bought my BlackBerry Leap only a few months ago...second because of the pricing of the device.

It does have top of the line specs and it is a flagship device, no doubt...but $899 (Canadian)...that is without taxes...which would bring it to almost $1,000 dollars, the price is too steep for me. My budget only allows for one device at the time. And the Leap has and is serving me well since I purchased it .

Now if at some point they release an all-touch version of the DingleBerry Perv...well then my interest will definitely increase.

Having said that, I hope the phone does well and it proves to be the successful device BlackBerry has been looking for...

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    Last edited by adonesc; 10-25-15 at 07:57 AM.
    10-25-15 07:41 AM
    And therein lies the problem that I've said repeatedly since the original announcement. Two things will sell a phone: brand equity and a competitive price point, and the latter is affected tremendously by the former. When you have BBRY enthusiasts, for whom the brand name still garners good will, saying that it's priced too high, then it is, irrespective of the device's actual BOM. The change in OS has and will continue to alienate a not-inconsiderable portion of the existing user base and the remaining differentiator (keyboard since the ES will be cross-platform) is insufficient to drive strong defector sales from Android when there are devices with very similar or equivalent specs, lower prices, and strong brand equity amongst the existing Android user base from companies that are not, by their own admission, releasing a make-or-break device that will determine if they're even in hardware in eighteen months.
    You are right.
    I am not downgrading to android from my Passport. I would have ordered the Priv by now if it was running BB10.
    I may buy a new Passport SE to keep me going as long as possible since my current passport is from launch day.
    10-25-15 07:49 AM
    Just fed up of promises of the next big thing from BlackBerry. Every year they peddle a phone that's just too awesome then it's quietly forgotten for their next launch. Had BlackBerry for years but find myself looking at alternatives. Hence why I haven't pre ordered a Priv. Saw the Note 4 again today and asked myself what has the Priv got that's worth so much more? Privacy? Maybe. The hub? What else?
    With the Note 5 coming to the UK there's a lot to think about!

Posted via CB10
    I bought an LG G4 a few months ago and I love the Android and Google experience. The only thing I really miss is the BlackBerry Hub and i an hoping that comes to Android ... if not, know what? i have adapted well and it won't be much of a loss.
    The Note 5 is a killer device as well. Choose wisely when you have to spend that much money.
    I still have my Z30 and use it occasionally. It's a great device and those with Z30s are set for a while (As long as you are not lacking apps)
    10-25-15 07:51 AM
    I have the Classic - love it and I am waiting for an Passport as second device.

Maybe in next years comes devices with OS10 or newer and without android, who knows.
    10-25-15 07:58 AM
    At this point, I wouldn't consider it. The work flow/gestures are more important to me than App compatibility.

It looks like a decent phone, and would probably be my first choice for Android (except possibly for the Nexus running Marshmallow), but the only phone I would consider for an upgrade from my Z10 would be the Passport.

If BlackBerry is finished with BB10 phones, I'll buy a used Passport next year and wait to see how things develop. If Windows phone becomes a real enterprise solution, I'd possibly go in that direction. Apps are just toys as far as I'm concerned. I don't really need or want them.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 08:02 AM
    I'll not upgrade to Perv. I'll downgrade to it tho.

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    10-25-15 08:10 AM
    Nope, not me. I've never really felt completely comfortable with Android no matter how many times I try or for how long, it just doesn't work for me. Secondly is the price. There are a few phones around that can justify a $900 (CDN) price point simply because of branding, BlackBerry is not one of those brands. It doesn't matter how great the Priv is, BlackBerry no longer has the brand loyalty or recognition that is going to make people sit up and take notice. They'll sell a few, I'm sure, but once the novelty of the OS wears off who is really going to buy it anymore? The BB fanbois will be all cashed out and those trying it out from other OSs will probably pad the numbers a tad but nothing more. The Priv is a gorgeous phone, but for BlackBerry to be selling a $900 device when really what they need is something around $700 it's a case of too much too soon.
    LuisCast likes this.
    10-25-15 08:21 AM
    I'm ditching android so no Priv for me. Its still a tossup between the Passport and a new Windows phone.
    jope28 likes this.
    10-25-15 11:20 AM
    If the Android experiment fails, leaving BB with surplus Slider inventory, and to clear the stock they have to either take a huge write down on the Slider running Android OR port BB10 to the Slider hardware so they can sell a few hundred thousand more devices at higher prices, which will BlackBerry do? The least costly one, of course, but which would that be?

How about a Porsche edition running BB10 at $1200. I'm in for one of those!
    10-25-15 11:38 AM
    Same here. I doubt I would buy a Priv, because it costs too much. Android phones are supposed to be cheaper, not more expensive!
    10-25-15 12:19 PM
    I'm afraid BlackBerry will have to go this one alone. I'm not getting the slider that "runs Google". I do appreciate the last ditch attempt from BlackBerry to be relevant in the smartphone world and don't blame them, but I was in it for the operating system that is now orphaned. The world has spoken and wants a two OS race.

I've never been a conformist and Google's business model is pure data mining, making that a non-starter for me. The other fruit company with their walled garden has an impressive ecosystem and arguably the most polished user experience, the highest quality apps (IOS apps are just so much better than the Android equivalent and it simply oozes quality - perhaps because of Apple's integrity and quality assurance) and a business model that does not rely on stalking individuals but I've been there and its simply not my cup of tea.

So after almost 15 years with BlackBerry I'm sitting in a bit of a conundrum: where to from here. For now I'm keeping my Z10 on life support until I know what to do. I'm all over the net to try and get a cheap Z30 that will last me another few years, but I'm lost after that. I've now accepted the inevitable: BB 10 is no more.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    10-25-15 12:23 PM
    I'm afraid BlackBerry will have to go this one alone. I'm not getting the slider that "runs Google". I do appreciate the last ditch attempt from BlackBerry to be relevant in the smartphone world and don't blame them, but I was in it for the operating system that is now orphaned. The world has spoken and wants a two OS race.

I've never been a conformist and Google's business model is pure data mining, making that a non-starter for me. The other fruit company with their walled garden has an impressive ecosystem and arguably the most polished user experience, the highest quality apps (IOS apps are just so much better than the Android equivalent and it simply oozes quality - perhaps because of Apple's integrity and quality assurance) and a business model that does not rely on stalking individuals but I've been there and its simply not my cup of tea.

So after almost 15 years with BlackBerry I'm sitting in a bit of a conundrum: where to from here. For now I'm keeping my Z10 on life support until I know what to do. I'm all over the net to try and get a cheap Z30 that will last me another few years, but I'm lost after that. I've now accepted the inevitable: BB 10 is no more.

Posted via CB10
    I've got some flip phones. I'll make you a real good deal.

Posted via CB10
    anon4226395 and MO3iusONE like this.
    10-25-15 12:31 PM
    I'm currently going back and forth like an argument. I'm staring at it in my cart ready to hit submit, but then I'm thinking about how it'll be cheaper in a couple months like every other android phone.
    10-25-15 12:38 PM
    Double post
    10-25-15 12:40 PM
    I've got some flip phones. I'll make you a real good deal.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately won't work for me. I'm a business man and rely on my smartphone but I get where you are coming from.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 12:41 PM
316 ... 34567 ...