I'm still very happy with my Passport and the Priv doesn't give me any goosebumps. The Visa though, (with BlackBerry 10) would have been a great secondary device.
    I plan on buying another Passport if my current fails and so on. It's amazing how this phone, from the ugliness of that first leaked photo has become something I don't want ever to part with!

Posted via my Black Passport
    10-31-15 05:54 AM
    Nope, not as long as Z30 keeps rolling on

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 07:02 AM
    Phew, glad you wrote "downgrading" all in caps, since for a second I thought you meant you were upgrade to the Priv because you love it so much.
    Like the hardware, dislike the software, really seems strange to not be able to dislike Android on Crackberry, maybe I didn't get the kool aid?
    10-31-15 09:32 PM
    Not me. I haven't been around lately, so I don't know that much about the Priv. I'm still enjoying my Classic although my cat ruined it today. I'm off to buy one in blue.
    11-01-15 01:04 AM
    Got a Passport and perfectly happy with it.
    Also with BlackBerry 10. It's easy to use and self understanding - like iOS.

BUT, I see the problem in the apps. Not those silly gaming apps or such other stupid apps no one needs.
    Example - I work in some way for Audi. You got a new car with online connectivity. You got this MyAudi app there you can do all sort of things with your car. You need an android or iOS phone to use it. I'm sure BMW etc. makes the same.
    Just a example. I'm sure there are lot of other things you come in to say - I absolutely love my BlackBerry 10 but I have a problem on this or that...

My opinion...

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 02:12 AM

BUT, I see the problem in the apps. Not those silly gaming apps or such other stupid apps no one needs.
    Example - I work in some way for Audi. You got a new car with online connectivity. You got this MyAudi app there you can do all sort of things with your car. You need an android or iOS phone to use it. I'm sure BMW etc. makes the same.
    Just a example. I'm sure there are lot of other things you come in to say - I absolutely love my BlackBerry 10 but I have a problem on this or that...

My opinion...

Posted via CB10
    Obviously. The problem is, there's not much BlackBerry can do about it. It has been trying for months to sway the momentum and make developers come to bb10, without success. So, what can you do.
    I personally think the momentum that was acquired with the Passport started going down with the Leap (and to a lesser extent, with the Classic's specs). If they could have continued coming out with great, innovative phones like the Passport, general interest would have kept coming and things may have been different

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    11-01-15 05:14 AM

My opinion...

Posted via CB10
    I worked for Audi (Canada) for about 15 years and still keep in contact with some of the folks in Ajax, the head office. Best company I ever worked for. The Andorid version of the MyAudi app can be downloaded through Google Playstore via Snap or Cobalt and works perfectly well on a BlackBerry with 10.3.1 or higher providing you can read German!

Try the Audi MMI Connect app, you might find what you're looking for there.

I was actually involved in the very early stages of this app, in fact, I started to learn how to code for BBOS especially for it. At the time auto connectivity wasn't even a dream so the app was going to be more consumer focused on their car with details like specs for their cars, recalls, service intervals, etc. We worked on it about 2 months before it got taken over by Ingolstadt. It wasn't very good at the time and I never did get to learn how to code for BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 07:24 AM
    Slider is not my cup of tea, though I pray and hope it breaks new territory in terms of Sales. Happy with my Passport ....
    Divakar

Gautham
    11-01-15 07:45 AM
    If I was going to get a droid I would get a Sony, my backup phone is an Aqua M2 and it's more than adequate, but nowhere near my Z30 and OS10, so if this is the end of the line for OS10 devices then this is the end of the line for me and BlackBerry, I'd rather trust a company that has been making awesome droid devices for a couple of years now.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 07:52 AM
    Pleased with my Passport!

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
    11-01-15 07:56 AM
    Staying with Passport. Although, I am excited to see a slider again (former 9810 owner), the overall length of the Priv would be too cumbersome for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 01:19 PM
    Staying with Passport. Although, I am excited to see a slider again (former 9810 owner), the overall length of the Priv would be too cumbersome for me.

Posted via CB10
    I say wait until you see it in person I mean if it's as thin as it is

I use to own a Dell venue pro slider and I had an otter box case on that thing and it felt massive, hopefully the Priv is nothing like that.
    beercan640 likes this.
    11-01-15 01:54 PM
    Had it supported BB10 I would have been a first adopter like every BBRY I have owned since 2004. Due to the lack of Privacy on the PRIV being Android based it's not for me. However, I fully understand why Chen has gone this route. Us 0.3 percenters isn't enough to make BBRY successful. I am confident the Priv will sell better than all BB10 devices combined todate. If and when the Priv provides privacy from Google I might in fact consider it. The lack of privacy support is the biggest reason I can't jump on board just yet. The name is very misleading.
    Just out of curiosity what do you mean lack of privacy? Just in general?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 01:39 PM
    Just out of curiosity what do you mean lack of privacy? Just in general?

Posted via CB10
    I think what he is saying is, Google likes to get balls deep in your business. If you want to download an app, you need some type of Google account, gmail or whatever. So, as long as Google continues to run Android in that manner, the whole Privacy thing is an oxy moron.

But, maybe that's not what he meant.
    11-04-15 02:25 PM
    This says enough...

Who Is Not Ugrading to a PRIV?-mymemes_19.png

Quot homines, tot sententiae!
    11-05-15 09:21 AM
    Do you understand BlackBerry's core business? This Phone is to cater to the Business and Government customers to augment their current software. It has capabilities to be partitioned (BlackBerry Balance). So it can be a great secure phone for bus/gov and a toy for personal use.
    FYI, they no longer have a hardware division and have not for two years. What is unique is their patents like all the great things in BlackBerry Productivity Suite.
    IOS is a Crappy OS and you know it. So your choice is limited.
    I choose to have best of both worlds. BlackBerry Productivity Suite and Android ecosystem of apps. BB10 is not being developed so you can stay or go. And that's okay. But where will you go? MS, Apple or Android ?

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    I'm actually finding iOS9 on the 6s Plus to be great OS and hardware combination. Fantastic battery life. Awesome build quality. The Force Touch and the usage of cards for open apps that you flick away like the old PlayBook. The pictures are amazing. After using BlackBerry since 2008, and as a former PlayBook user, I think Apple with the 6s line and iOS 9 has made great use of all the BlackBerry talent that they acquired when BlackBerry was gutting the engineering staff. I can definitely see some things showing up in iOS that remind of what BlackBerry could have done with competent management and a coherent business plan. iOS only sucks if you are an Apple hater, or if you have to tinker and tweak the OS like you can with Android to make you feel like an accomplished smartphone user. I do Engineering work all day long and have zero desire to customize and tinker with devices beyond putting the icons where I want them, and I want the device to work great, which I'm finding Apple has done.
    zocster likes this.
    11-05-15 09:43 AM
    I'm actually finding iOS9 on the 6s Plus to be great OS and hardware combination. Fantastic battery life. Awesome build quality. The Force Touch and the usage of cards for open apps that you flick away like the old PlayBook. The pictures are amazing. After using BlackBerry since 2008, and as a former PlayBook user, I think Apple with the 6s line and iOS 9 has made great use of all the BlackBerry talent that they acquired when BlackBerry was gutting the engineering staff. I can definitely see some things showing up in iOS that remind of what BlackBerry could have done with competent management and a coherent business plan. iOS only sucks if you are an Apple hater, or if you have to tinker and tweak the OS like you can with Android to make you feel like an accomplished smartphone user. I do Engineering work all day long and have zero desire to customize and tinker with devices beyond putting the icons where I want them, and I want the device to work great, which I'm finding Apple has done.
    Better to see Apple using all the great stuff BlackBerry invented, than to see no one using it. I don't have much pity for BlackBerry anymore, it was just handled so badly over the years

11-05-15 10:11 AM
    I am only interested in the Priv because of more apps. But everything I read about it says, if the Priv doesn't work, BB will stop producing smartphones. So why would i spend a big amount of money if this might be there last phone? Better wait it out and see and then switch to a different brand. I would hate that. Cause my Passport is the best phone I've ever had. But releasing a new one and then saying it might be the last one is not very good ...
    11-05-15 12:39 PM
    With latest Louks interview over at Android Central, I am now even less likely to purchase the Priv considering his comments over Android on BlackBerry remaining as close to stock (Google) Android as possible unless it concerns security and/or productivity.

I vote against your idea of wasting $100 million shareholder money. How about you raise the $100 million from BB10 diehards? 10 million people @ $10 and you'll see how many diehards are full of ****.

Posted via CB10
    I would donate $10 to the Save BB10 cause if and only if I could be offered some assurance that the money would be put to proper use. Otherwise, no, I'm not going to send $10 to some random dude.

Nope, not me. I've never really felt completely comfortable with Android no matter how many times I try or for how long, it just doesn't work for me.
    Yup; I have owned three Android handsets over the last few years and no matter how much of a chance I gave to each I could never fully get used to Android. Just something about that OS that annoys the pizz out of me.

If the Android experiment fails, leaving BB with surplus Slider inventory, and to clear the stock they have to either take a huge write down on the Slider running Android OR port BB10 to the Slider hardware so they can sell a few hundred thousand more devices at higher prices, which will BlackBerry do? The least costly one, of course, but which would that be?
    Perhaps a possibility, and it's nice to dream, however I am pretty sure that Chen and Co. crunched the numbers to prevent exactly this. Like the Passport and Classic, the Priv is going to be produced in limited number runs; any overstock would not be worth the hassle.

I'm afraid BlackBerry will have to go this one alone. I'm not getting the slider that "runs Google". I do appreciate the last ditch attempt from BlackBerry to be relevant in the smartphone world and don't blame them, but I was in it for the operating system that is now orphaned. The world has spoken and wants a two OS race.
    Yup, in it for the OS, too. I think it is really only a one OS race considering that iOS users are the most likely to pay good money for both the hardware and apps. Don't forget that cheap - to - free phones and apps are what made Android so popular in the first place.

Android phones are suppose to be cheaper? Says who?
    Roughly 99% of the Android diehards.

Just saw the sim photos in another thread, this will be the most productive android phone out there bar none and as an all around device, superior to anything on the market.
    This is the only selling point for me thus far. There are many apps in Play that I could use, even some that I want to use, but none that I have to use and can surely live without. That one, and I do mean only one, "must have" app is already available through Amazon App, anyways.

Everyone needs to realize that BB10 will no longer be developed just supported past 10.3.3. So eventually your Passport will be Android. EVERY person on here should hope for Priv success because if that does not happen there will NO BlackBerry phones..

I'm buying Priv because it still has best of BlackBerry and Android, not to mention all the top specs.

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    It will be interesting to see how BlackBerry develops on the platform over the year and beyond, but out of the gate it is more Android than anything even with those BlackBerry engineered keyboards and security features. It also does not help that it looks like Google is going to finally go ahead with the Chrome OS/Android merger, which would likely be even more distasteful.

I wish BlackBerry success overall but at this point in time I cannot support a Powered by Android BlackBerry. Bottom line; I will not "go Android" in effort to keep BlackBerry handsets alive if those handsets ultimately are not what I want.

Obviously. The problem is, there's not much BlackBerry can do about it. It has been trying for months to sway the momentum and make developers come to bb10, without success. So, what can you do.
    Personally, I think the "app gap" was only a partial reason to go Android. It is an obvious selling point however ultimately going with Android will save BlackBerry tons of money considering that in-house development could be (and has been) trimmed down to a minimum. Moving development to Foxconn was the first step, now going with the "free" resources provided by/through Android was the next. Both of which also reduced BlackBerry's need for in-house developers, coders, designers, engineers, and so on.

But yes, there is something they could have done about. It is all water under the bridge now, but considering they have some of the best in the industry surely they have put their collective minds together to create a viable solution to the BB10 problem. Google is now wanting to get Play onto as many devices as possible ranging from mobile to television to everything in between and beyond. To think that a deal to bring Play to BB10 would not have been possible is nuts. BB10 simply could not sell. But Android can. Even if the Priv or Android on BlackBerry in general is at the bottom of Android handset sales that is still a better figure than what all of BB10 has done.

BlackBerry as a company has other products to sell and in reality the Priv is in part advertising for BlackBerry's other products (BES12, BBM, IoT this and that, and so on). Going Android is finally going to give the BlackBerry name/brand that little push it needs to bring them back into the conversation in ways that BB10 could never do (outside of "BlackBerry is dead"). This is the real reason for going with Android; not the app-gap. Otherwise they surely could have found that sweet spot between sales/costs/production to where BB10 is not a loss but of course in doing so BlackBerry would remain that obscure brand that "no one" knows about.

iOS only sucks if you are an Apple hater, or if you have to tinker and tweak the OS like you can with Android to make you feel like an accomplished smartphone user. I do Engineering work all day long and have zero desire to customize and tinker with devices beyond putting the icons where I want them, and I want the device to work great, which I'm finding Apple has done.
    I have been a Mac addict since the launch of the G3 line, and have only bought and used Macs in house. I am a huge Apple fan although their software has been "dumbed down" over the years (looking at you Final Cut X) and I am one who believes that Macs were better back when they were still PowerPC/RISC. I also currently own two iPads, a later gen. iPod Touch, two iPhones (3S and 4, never used them for telephony, though), and Ms. Crucial BBQ has an iPhone 5S. To be blunt; I believe iOS has its functionality and iOS9 + 6S is a great combo, however, iOS is more of an entertainment OS than one of productivity. I don't hate it, but I find that iOS is better suited for single-at-the-moment use (playing games, surfing the web, Pinterest, displaying recipes, and so on) than it is for multitasking any day of the week.

Tim Cook has stated that the mobile OS and desktop OS should remain separate unlike W8/W10 and what Google wants to do with Chrome OS and Android. Then again, the majority of iOS users are also PC users who ironically believe that "Macs suck", so it makes sense to keep iOS as its own thing.

I agree though, I don't want to tinker with my phone much because that is not how I use smartphones. I do however geek out hardcore with my Mac; making heavy use of Terminal.
    11-05-15 01:00 PM

My opinion...

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried https://my.audi.com/content/us/myaudi/en/home.html web version? Often those apps are just Web launchers anyway. Just a suggestion as I don't own an audi but my ford has a similar service.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:42 PM
    I personally think the momentum that was acquired with the Passport started going down with the Leap (and to a lesser extent, with the Classic's specs). If they could have continued coming out with great, innovative phones like the Passport, general interest would have kept coming and things may have been different

I still feel the complete lack of advertisement is what hurt them the most. Putting out 1 or 2 ads per year that run for less than 3 months at nearly non existent frequency doesn't do anything but throw away money. It is very rare that I encounter anyone that even know about os10 no less the passport, z30 or q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:48 PM
    I am not downgrading to the priv

CB10 on BlackBerry  Passport 10.3.2
    ssbtech likes this.
    11-05-15 07:50 PM
    I definitely agree. I have my Z30 and I am content. I might consider after the further refine the android experience on the blackberry. I truthfully would just love to see the same blackberry gestures, hub, and basic layout, with just with android as the OS. I think this could be a huge hit with everyone. But its just a dream I have I suppose.
    Follow your gut. The Priv will have the hub and some gestures...not as many as BB10. I will pick up the Priv. Some folks can not accept that BB10 is dying...not dead yet but dying. Watch Chen on the Code Mobile interview. He basically said that BB10 life span is one or two years max.
    11-05-15 08:53 PM
    I'm fine with my Passport. After all I only recently got it. But I hope the Priv does well.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-05-15 09:01 PM
    not an upgrade.

Posted via CBX
    11-05-15 09:05 PM
316 ... 10111213