Maybe it's a downgrade coz we will loose a lot of BlackBerry 10 functionality.

Posted via CB10
    Like what functionality? Besides swipe gestures instead of home key. Priv has all the best of BlackBerry Productivity Suite

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-30-15 07:09 AM
    Umm. BlackBerry Productivity Suite and slider PBK.

A response to someone saying nothing different from another Android phone.

10-30-15 07:14 AM
    I'm getting a Nexus. If you're getting an Android, you might as well get a Nexus. I'm really going to miss you guys.
    10-30-15 07:18 AM
    I'm getting a Nexus. If you're getting an Android, you might as well get a Nexus. I'm really going to miss you guys.
    That's okay, Priv will update to Marshmallow very soon plus you won't get BlackBerry Productivity Suite. That's the difference and PBK. Nexus 6P is a good phone but not as pretty

10-30-15 07:21 AM
    You're not being forced into anything. I'd you want to continue to use your bb10 device, then have at it. If you want to jump ship to iOS or Windows 10, go right ahead.
    We are losing an option. For some iOS and WP are not options... leaves them going with a very immature OS such as Ubuntu or "forced" to go Android. This is not an ideal situation for consumers. Even if you are a fan of Android, competition is always a good thing.
    10-30-15 07:36 AM
    Everyone needs to realize that BB10 will no longer be developed just supported past 10.3.3. So eventually your Passport will be Android. EVERY person on here should hope for Priv success because if that does not happen there will NO BlackBerry phones..
    I'm buying Priv because it still has best of BlackBerry and Android, not to mention all the top specs.
    Good luck folks, you alone will be the demise of BlackBerry because bb10 is not selling and never will. Support Priv and let's see where it takes us. Then just maybe os10 will carry on into the future.

Posted via CB10
    Why would I want a company to survive that does not have my need in mind? I seriously hope they go belly up if they convert 100% to android.
    Seriously, what benefit do you have from their survival? If they die they will likely be sold off for parts and patents like the keyboard design will be available for other companies. They do nothing in their hardware division that cant be replicated after death. The only thing that makes them unique is the OS.
    lnichols likes this.
    10-30-15 07:41 AM
    I need that physical keyboard.

You will be missed!
    10-30-15 08:02 AM
    EVERY person on here should hope for Priv success because if that does not happen there will NO BlackBerry phones.
    WHY should we care? Without BB10 devices, without any BlackBerry devices at all, with the handset division closed, here is exactly what will happen:

BlackBerry will continue to develop multi-platform BB apps like the Hub, keyboard, contacts etc. You will be able to buy these apps on Android, iOS and even Windows 10 Mobile.

BlackBerry will no longer be producing handsets so they will license their keyboard patents and or sell them outright to someone like Samsung. There will probably be future devices with BlackBerry PKB technology, but not manufactured by BlackBerry.

BlackBerry will probably also license the security patents related to handset hardware.

The only thing BlackBerry fans have to lose is BB10. And common sense tells BlackBerry fans that BB10 is already lost.

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 and lnichols like this.
    10-30-15 08:02 AM
    Why would I want a company to survive that does not have my need in mind? I seriously hope they go belly up if they convert 100% to android.
    Seriously, what benefit do you have from their survival? If they die they will likely be sold off for parts and patents like the keyboard design will be available for other companies. They do nothing in their hardware division that cant be replicated after death. The only thing that makes them unique is the OS.
    Do you understand BlackBerry's core business? This Phone is to cater to the Business and Government customers to augment their current software. It has capabilities to be partitioned (BlackBerry Balance). So it can be a great secure phone for bus/gov and a toy for personal use.
    FYI, they no longer have a hardware division and have not for two years. What is unique is their patents like all the great things in BlackBerry Productivity Suite.
    IOS is a Crappy OS and you know it. So your choice is limited.
    I choose to have best of both worlds. BlackBerry Productivity Suite and Android ecosystem of apps. BB10 is not being developed so you can stay or go. And that's okay. But where will you go? MS, Apple or Android ?

10-30-15 08:26 AM
    WHY should we care? Without BB10 devices, without any BlackBerry devices at all, with the handset division closed, here is exactly what will happen:

BlackBerry will continue to develop multi-platform BB apps like the Hub, keyboard, contacts etc. You will be able to buy these apps on Android, iOS and even Windows 10 Mobile.

BlackBerry will no longer be producing handsets so they will license their keyboard patents and or sell them outright to someone like Samsung. There will probably be future devices with BlackBerry PKB technology, but not manufactured by BlackBerry.

BlackBerry will probably also license the security patents related to handset hardware.

The only thing BlackBerry fans have to lose is BB10. And common sense tells BlackBerry fans that BB10 is already lost.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough but apps won't make them that much money ... they need business software sales not app sales. Keeping phones helps keep their business and Government customers with and all-in-one device and secure. A partitioned device that is secure. There is a reason most Governments all still use BlackBerry.
    I don't think BlackBerry is trying to be Apple. They are trying to grow business software and the Priv will help that. The Priv was a result of what their Business and Government customers wanted. Not what Joe consumer wanted. Chen continues to say exactly that.

10-30-15 08:35 AM
    I don't plan on changing to the Priv either. The fact is that is just another Android phone. Other than a uncommon form factor, it's no different from every other 'Droid out there.
    10-30-15 08:52 AM
    I don't plan on changing to the Priv either. The fact is that is just another Android phone. Other than a uncommon form factor, it's no different from every other 'Droid out there.
    Not true at all...on top of the added security embedded in the device (and I'm not talking about DTEK) there is the BlackBerry Productivity suite and outstanding hardware build quality that other Android devices do not have! Also, you seem to dismiss the form factor quite easily, that however is something that will bring back a lot of former BlackBerry users.
    10-30-15 09:10 AM
    Good luck folks, you alone will be the demise of BlackBerry because bb10 is not selling and never will. Support Priv and let's see where it takes us. Then just maybe os10 will carry on into the future.

Posted via CB10
    According to BlackBerry, BB10 users and PlayBook users do not count. Priv should sell in large numbers without those of us who do not want to switch to android.
    If it doesn't, too bad for BlackBerry.
    10-30-15 09:10 AM
    Sticking with my Passport, but the Price sure looks sweet!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 09:16 AM
    My sister wanted to give me a new phone on my upcoming birthday, she wanted to know about my choice BlackBerry Priv or IPhone. My answer was IPhone.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 09:17 AM
    Beyond wrong, I would say this is the one unique Android based phone. For many of the above mentioned reasons. Enjoy your Crappy 8 year old iOs software...

10-30-15 09:18 AM
    Beyond wrong, I would say this is the one unique Android based phone. For many of the above mentioned reasons. Enjoy your Crappy 8 year old iOs software...

Z30 and a Classic, actually. Never owned an iPhone.
    10-30-15 09:33 AM
    Not true at all...on top of the added security embedded in the device (and I'm not talking about DTEK) there is the BlackBerry Productivity suite and outstanding hardware build quality that other Android devices do not have! Also, you seem to dismiss the form factor quite easily, that however is something that will bring back a lot of former BlackBerry users.
    I'm sorry, but I have not seen anything that convinces me that there is any more security than any other 'Droid. Nonspecific statements from the company that they have made, "some under-the-hood changes" may be convincing to some, but I do not find them so.
    10-30-15 09:39 AM
    Probably the next andro-bb phone after the priv works for me.. for now, passport is still my first choice

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    10-30-15 09:45 AM
    Here is me hoping the experience suite will be released as a subscription like BlackBerry Protected for BBM, etc etc... I'll be the one jumping in head first.
    10-30-15 09:47 AM
    Here is me hoping the experience suite will be released as a subscription like BlackBerry Protected for BBM, etc etc... I'll be the one jumping in head first.
    Is the experience suite not be free with Priv????
    10-30-15 09:50 AM
    Is the experience suite not be free with Priv????
    Of course, but I am NOT buying the PRIV as stated in this thread lol.
    10-30-15 10:04 AM
    Of course, but I am NOT buying the PRIV as stated in this thread lol.
    Ah ok, must have missed it. And why not?
    10-30-15 10:06 AM
    Ah ok, must have missed it. And why not?
    there is no carrier support where I am, it is going to cost me a lot of money to bring it in directly from ShopBB USA, and with the current specs, I feel it is way over priced compared to other devices that my carriers are offering at 0 cost to me, from renewing my contracts.
    10-30-15 10:10 AM
    Do you understand BlackBerry's core business? This Phone is to cater to the Business and Government customers to augment their current software. It has capabilities to be partitioned (BlackBerry Balance). So it can be a great secure phone for bus/gov and a toy for personal use.
    FYI, they no longer have a hardware division and have not for two years. What is unique is their patents like all the great things in BlackBerry Productivity Suite.
    IOS is a Crappy OS and you know it. So your choice is limited.
    I choose to have best of both worlds. BlackBerry Productivity Suite and Android ecosystem of apps. BB10 is not being developed so you can stay or go. And that's okay. But where will you go? MS, Apple or Android ?

Again.. most of us on this site are consumers. Why should we care if they go under? They will be cannibalized and the technology wont go away. Blackberry has become no better than any other Android device manufacturer in my mind at this point and will not get further business or recommendations from me unless they prove they can provide a solution other than Android. I don't care about the security software or hub "integration" when its just slapped onto a system I don't want. Let them go down in flames so the good parts can be sold to someone who can actually do something good with them.
    10-30-15 10:22 AM
316 ... 89101112 ...