Keeping my passport and buying a surface pro 4!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 08:00 PM
    Complaining about the slider mechanism is a sorry excuse.

I think I've heard people say "why would I want a fingerprint reader on my phone? Just another thing that could break"

I'll say this, it's been a while since I've seen a slider phone so, who knows, maybe this one will actually hold up well.

Besides I'm not trying to keep the Priv for years. 2 years tops.. But more than likely, a year then I'll see what else is out there.

If I can't find something to replace the Priv then I'll hold onto it until something better comes along.
    A sorry excuse? Who am I making an excuse for?

I fixed well over 250 Torches with faulty slider mechanisms, so in my view, sliders are not reliable. And those customers who sent those phones to me would take issue with what you have to say. You tell them that they're making a sorry excuse, and they might knock you the f**k out.

And you are you to tell me what I can and cannot complain about. This is exactly what I was talking about. You don't get to tell me what I can or cannot say. Are you censoring people on here now? Huh?
    10-27-15 08:17 PM

I fixed well over 250 Torches with faulty slider mechanisms, so in my view, sliders are not reliable. And those customers who sent those phones to me would take issue with what you have to say. You tell them that they're making a sorry excuse, and they might knock you the f**k out.

And you are you to tell me what I can and cannot complain about. This is exactly what I was talking about. You don't get to tell me what I can or cannot say. Are you censoring people on here now? Huh?
    Settle down there champ. What I'm telling you is that you don't seem too interested in the Priv, part of that is because of the slider mechanism. You've had you're fair share of experiences with the slider mechanism on the torch and you said yourself that they're not reliable.

What I'm telling you is that the torch is a 5..almost 6 year old phone and you're basing the reliability of the Priv slider off of that one specific model. 6 years is a long time, especially when it comes to phones/technology so what I'm telling you, is that I'm a bit hopeful about the slider mechanism and overall build quality of the Priv since this phone is Blackberry's last hurrah in the handset market.

Relax, killer, you're free to complain about whatever your want. I'm just saying that I wouldn't pass this phone up because of a slider phone released over 5 years.

And one more thing, you're basing all this off of one slider phone that you just so happen to slave away over, fixing them for disgruntled customers just as yourself.

I've had my fair share of sliders. The Palm Pre, the first Motorola Droid, HTC touch pro 1 and 2, the Dell venue pro.. It's all really hit or miss.

Is there a chance that the Priv's slider mechanism will be all faulty and loose a few months after its releases? It's possible but, blackberry has a lot riding on this so hopefully the build quality is top notch.

What all that being said, your must be off your God damn meds, relax.
    islandp, aspurrell and kbz1960 like this.
    10-28-15 02:20 AM
    He's obnoxious. I hope he gets banned.

Also, would the you two ladies stop bickering in other peoples' topics and getting them closed? Thanks.

 Posted via CB10 - Passport - 10.3.2.2639 
    aspurrell likes this.
    10-28-15 08:36 AM
    I'll try

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 08:41 AM
    I was actually getting a bit hyped up for the Priv. Yes, it will have all the Google Play Ecosystem and apps, but to be honest, I've survived well without them for quite a while. So I'm now rethinking if it's worth getting it. Likewise, many times I've noticed that even when having an app for something (i.e. Wikipedia, Cinepolis, Navita Translator), I end up using the browser.

Perhaps in the end, I'm not the target audience for the Priv. Yes, it's a much better device for multimedia consumption, but imho, I prefer the way BB10 handles communications and the general UI, than Android.

However, my gf, who currently has a Q10, will probably enjoy the Priv. She loves the pkb of BlackBerry, but many times fancies watching Netflix on the go, and the Q10 is by far not an ideal device for it. Thus, she sometimes carries her Galaxy S3 too. Also, setting up her Q10 with all the patched Google Play apps or having her do workarounds (such as using Uber from the mobile page) is becoming bothersome. So why the need for her to carry two devices? With the Priv, she will keep the pkb from BlackBerry and at the same time, have all the apps and features she wants, whether or not she needs them (namely, social media and multimedia apps).

I would definitely like to give the Priv a try, but after reflecting these past weeks, I'm not sure I really need to change my Passport. Just for the record, a foreign friend who works in a high profile international bank, wrote me asking for advice, as his employer is giving him a work phone. Guess what the choices were? Z30, Classic and Passport, only BB10 devices; no iPhone or Android...! This has also contributed to make me rethink, as the type of work I handle requires the top security features which I believe BlackBerry devices and services offer.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    10-28-15 09:44 AM
    Settle down there champ. What I'm telling you is that you don't seem too interested in the Priv, part of that is because of the slider mechanism. You've had you're fair share of experiences with the slider mechanism on the torch and you said yourself that they're not reliable.

What I'm telling you is that the torch is a 5..almost 6 year old phone and you're basing the reliability of the Priv slider off of that one specific model. 6 years is a long time, especially when it comes to phones/technology so what I'm telling you, is that I'm a bit hopeful about the slider mechanism and overall build quality of the Priv since this phone is Blackberry's last hurrah in the handset market.

Relax, killer, you're free to complain about whatever your want. I'm just saying that I wouldn't pass this phone up because of a slider phone released over 5 years.

And one more thing, you're basing all this off of one slider phone that you just so happen to slave away over, fixing them for disgruntled customers just as yourself.

I've had my fair share of sliders. The Palm Pre, the first Motorola Droid, HTC touch pro 1 and 2, the Dell venue pro.. It's all really hit or miss.

Is there a chance that the Priv's slider mechanism will be all faulty and loose a few months after its releases? It's possible but, blackberry has a lot riding on this so hopefully the build quality is top notch.

What all that being said, your must be off your God damn meds, relax.
    What he's telling you is a mechanical reality. On such a device, the slide IS, and will be, the most common point of mechanical failure simply by virtue of it being the most commonly actuated part. There's a reason that the iPhone home button is the most frequently replaced part from the standpoint of mechanical wear. The screen, when extended will also represent an unsecured plane of stress and should it be dropped, servicing it will be far more difficult than on a slab.
    10-28-15 04:38 PM
    What he's telling you is a mechanical reality. On such a device, the slide IS, and will be, the most common point of mechanical failure simply by virtue of it being the most commonly actuated part. There's a reason that the iPhone home button is the most frequently replaced part from the standpoint of mechanical wear. The screen, when extended will also represent an unsecured plane of stress and should it be dropped, servicing it will be far more difficult than on a slab.
    And yet even with that pesky button, people still buy that iPhone. They'll probably sell at least 5 million this year.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 05:36 PM
    And yet even with that pesky button, people still buy that iPhone. They'll probably sell at least 5 million this year.

Posted via CB10
    They sell because, even disregarding the quality of the ecosystem and its strong vertical integration, even disregarding the iPhone's dominating social currency, Apple's technical service is truly second to none in the industry, and finding an Apple Store or authorised service provider is a simple matter. Try finding the same for the Priv if and when it breaks.

As for your second statement, is that a projection on the Priv's sales?
    10-28-15 05:44 PM
    They sell because, even disregarding the quality of the ecosystem and its strong vertical integration, even disregarding the iPhone's dominating social currency, Apple's technical service is truly second to none in the industry, and finding an Apple Store or authorised service provider is a simple matter. Try finding the same for the Priv if and when it breaks.

As for your second statement, is that a projection on the Priv's sales?
    The lack of stores affects the Android base as entire whole so won't be the civilization as we know it just as having Microsoft stores hasn't led to Lumia sales powering a solution for middle east peace. You're right about slider having possible build issues, but the average person won't care about that, but for that issue to even matter, they have to sell phones first.

Second comment was pure sarcasm based on projected BlackBerry sales compared to iPhone single day sales.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 05:57 PM
    Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 05:58 PM
    I just replaced my passport screen. Will be a while.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 05:59 PM
    I am well aware of that but I am not going to pass on this phone because of something that might break down the line.

All phones go through wear and tear, phones without a removable battery will eventually be unable to hold a charge, buttons (volume or power buttons) eventually wear out.

It's almost like saying "i want a phone that's just a slab of glass and nothing more" that way you won't have to deal with any physical buttons breaking on you.

Again, my point is that it's been years since we've seen a slider and since this is Blackberry's last effort into becoming a relevant handset company, I don't think they would cheap out on the slider.

But hey, you didn't hear that from me, some disgruntled blackberry torch users might come out of nowhere and beat me down mercifully for speaking my mind.
    10-28-15 06:35 PM
    I'm not upgrading to the PRIV from my Passport. I barely visit PrivBerry.com....I mean CrackBerry.com anymore. I have zero excitement for Blackberry's future. I am being forced in to the Android market and I resent Blackberry for it. Eventually I will let go of that resentment. Hopefully they will have a better handset on the market than the PRIV and have worked out the security and other bugs inevitable with it's release as the first Blackberry handset not running BBOS.
    anon(3983727) and dusanvn like this.
    10-29-15 01:48 PM
    Me

LeapSTR100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-29-15 01:51 PM
    I just replaced my passport screen. Will be a while.

Posted via CB10
    Oh my! What happened? I dropped mine so may times and not a scratch on the screen.

Jaglenn's Passport
    10-29-15 02:35 PM
    And I'm just here like, planning on buying a z10...

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    z3user likes this.
    10-29-15 04:59 PM
    I'm not upgrading to the PRIV from my Passport. I barely visit PrivBerry.com....I mean CrackBerry.com anymore. I have zero excitement for Blackberry's future. I am being forced in to the Android market and I resent Blackberry for it. Eventually I will let go of that resentment. Hopefully they will have a better handset on the market than the PRIV and have worked out the security and other bugs inevitable with it's release as the first Blackberry handset not running BBOS.
    You're not being forced into anything. I'd you want to continue to use your bb10 device, then have at it. If you want to jump ship to iOS or Windows 10, go right ahead.
    10-29-15 11:18 PM
    Good luck folks, you alone will be the demise of BlackBerry because bb10 is not selling and never will. Support Priv and let's see where it takes us. Then just maybe os10 will carry on into the future.

Posted via CB10
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    10-30-15 12:03 AM
    Good luck folks, you alone will be the demise of BlackBerry because bb10 is not selling and never will. Support Priv and let's see where it takes us. Then just maybe os10 will carry on into the future.
    I'm not dropping nearly a grand on a phone that I don't want just to support the company.
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    10-30-15 12:44 AM
    I'm not dropping nearly a grand on a phone that I don't want just to support the company.
    Do it!!! :-)

BlackBerry Priv ~ Android Secured

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 12:52 AM
    I will not...never do that)
    10-30-15 01:10 AM
    Just do it! Don't let your...dreams be dreams!!!

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-30-15 06:50 AM
    Everyone needs to realize that BB10 will no longer be developed just supported past 10.3.3. So eventually your Passport will be Android. EVERY person on here should hope for Priv success because if that does not happen there will NO BlackBerry phones..

I'm buying Priv because it still has best of BlackBerry and Android, not to mention all the top specs.

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-30-15 07:02 AM

Technology from 6 years ago. You are assuming this device is same as Torch. (completely different manufacturers).
    Don't ASSUME before device is even out and street tested.

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-30-15 07:05 AM
316 ... 7891011 ...