Never liked sliders. Android will help but without a ton of advertising and education of carrier store sales reps unfortunately Priv (still hate the name) will be ignored like every other BlackBerry. I just activated my Silver Edition Passport at a corporate att store and non of the employees or manager had ever seen a Passport and commented that BlackBerry is out of business.
    10-26-15 09:29 AM
    Love the passport. So no slider in my future.

More about the screen format (square vs rectangular).

Converted my company to passports and we are very happy with it.

Good to see a device that may generate widespread appeal.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 09:33 AM
    Although I still have bluetooth connection issues with my Passport, there's nothing about this new Blackberry that will make me go out and buy it.
    10-26-15 09:34 AM
    I will keep my Z10 until a new high end Blackberry all touch device comes out. The Priv seems decent for Android fans but I need my BB OS.
    Mozdony likes this.
    10-26-15 10:09 AM
    I'll be sticking it out with my Q10 until I can get a deal on a new LG G5 but if it loses the removable battery and sd card option I'll have to settle for a new LG G4.

Love my BB 10 but seems it's been on the way out for awhile now and can't stand iOS so have to look at android.
    10-26-15 10:15 AM
    I'll be keeping my Z30 until it no longer is a viable phone...BlackBerry is stretching as far as the price of the the android phone. Don't understand their abandoning the b10 operating system.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast and Mozdony like this.
    10-26-15 10:21 AM
    I was really interested in it, but I won't get it for a few reasons (btw I have a Z30 now and had a Sony Xperia Z3 until I dropped it and cracked the screen...).

1) It's too heavy. 196g - it's even heavier than my Z30 at 180g. I find the Z30 a little bit on the heavy side...Priv will be even worse! For comparison the iPhone 6 Plus is 172g.
    2) I don't really need/want the physical keyboard. I was in the camp of those waiting for a new high-end all-touch Blackberry. Although the physical keyboard would have been a nice feature, it does add weight and bulk to the phone, which for me would mostly be not needed.
    3) The price is too high. It should be $699 CAD, not $899.

Make me an all-touch PRIV with no physical keyboard, reduce the weight and price, and then I would buy it.
    Mozdony likes this.
    10-26-15 10:23 AM
    I have a Passport and love it. I am tempted to get the Priv but bbm video is the deal breaker for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 10:28 AM
    Not me sticking with my Z30

Posted via CB10
    Mozdony likes this.
    10-26-15 10:31 AM
    "Who Is Not Ugrading to a PRIV"

I'll upgrade when they change the name, put BB10 inside and a removable battery.
    acovey likes this.
    10-26-15 11:00 AM
    I buy my phones without a contract sim free.I did this with the z10,z30 and Passport.
    Here in The Netherlands the Priv is about 800 Euro.
    That is almost 900 us dollars, I hope that after a few months the price will drop and maybe then I will buy the Priv.
    I also wait for the first reviews and I am curious how the quality will be after a few months of use.
    For example the software, the slider mechanism, battery usage and so on.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 11:13 AM
    I might consider it if they load it with BB10. Still not a fan of the curved screen although looks like its just the glass and not the display area.
    10-26-15 11:32 AM
    I keep thinking that BlackBerry should have tried VERY hard to generate some synergy with Instagram, based on the square screen (still a smart idea, despite fact Instagram now accommodates rectangle images).
    10-26-15 11:43 AM
    Not at $799.

Blackberry needs to realize they can no longer command a high price for their products.

Posted via CB10
    For the specs the pricing isn't bad at all.
    10-26-15 11:56 AM
    I am not. I have retired the Z30, and moved to an iPhone 6s Plus. Ordered it the day the Priv running Android videos surfaced. I have no interest in Android, and even if I did BlackBerry's value proposition with the Priv is garbage for the specs, and I don't want a PKB device anymore as their QA was declining over the years anyway on the PKB devices. The Z10 and Z30 converted me from a BBOS PKB guy to a BB10 VKB guy. But with likely no new BB10 devices, and BlackBerry lack of commitment and fling poo at the walls strategy, I simply can no longer give them more of my business. I'm migrating the wife to a 6s plus soon off of her Z30, and will be upgrading my college son off of his Z10 soon, likely to an iPhone of some type. I decided to go where the developers put their priority, and where the regulated markets will go as they do not trust Android. Had the Priv come out with BB10, they would have kept my business, but this Android move just seems like a hardware exit strategy more than anything, and after the PlayBook, and now BB10 apparently going into maintenance release mode, it is just a matter of time until they bow out of Android too. Why get used to BlackBerry's way of doing Android when they will probably only do it once then go to software only?
    JL54, Mozdony and dusanvn like this.
    10-26-15 12:29 PM
    Not biting the hook again! I have been had by BB with the Playbook and I am not going to believe in any new of their crazy ventures again. . I had the Q10 several months after it appeared, when I felt secured to take it. I did the same with the Z30 (a phone that I love, truly love 80%... would be 100% if it had a keyboard!) I now have a Classic, which is a nice compromise before the Z30. I am even considering buying a second Z30 to keep it as a back-up . No, I don't like the Android at all and I even abhor the Apple products). Maybe not a connoisseur or a techie expert, but I still love the BB with the physical keyboard. The BB10 is not bad, but it is a pity that it has been left so stagnant. Sorry, I did not love the Leap, nor the Passport and now, much less the so-called Priv..
    m1kr0 and Mozdony like this.
    10-26-15 12:30 PM
    Too expensive
    10-26-15 01:06 PM
    I have a Passport and love it. But going to give Priv a try. Ordered on Friday.
    schlemer likes this.
    10-26-15 01:06 PM
    No way.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 02:29 PM
    I am selling mine for 250 box included plus Unlocked. Brand new still.
    10-26-15 02:41 PM
    Well there going to still support bb10, so I will stick with my bb10 passport the intuitive os and smartphone around my honest opinion

Posted via CB10
    janzeeschuimers likes this.
    10-26-15 02:46 PM
    I am selling mine for 250 box included plus Unlocked. Brand new still.
    Your what?

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    10-26-15 03:37 PM
    I wish they were doing a BB OS unit, having said that I think the price will make me look elsewhere. My BB9000 is getting tired!
    10-26-15 05:57 PM
    I'm only buying the Priv if they load if up with Palm OS.. Or some Web/Palm OS hybrid.
    10-26-15 06:46 PM
    I like the Priv but not fussy on th OS so will stay with my PP

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 06:48 PM
316 ... 56789 ...