Unfortunately won't work for me. I'm a business man and rely on my smartphone but I get where you are coming from.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Just being a smart-*** but seriously, I've used BlackBerry since 7200 series, 10-11 years ago. I've had every BlackBerry that AT&T has offered plus Z30 and Leap unlocked. Since BB10, your phone is really no more or less secure than Android phone since you're on mobile provider data plan and not on BIS. Put your contacts in the base phone client list and your emails in base phone email client and don't sync either with Google Contacts or Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 01:02 PM
    I've got some flip phones. I'll make you a real good deal.

Posted via CB10
    lmao
    10-25-15 01:03 PM
    I'm afraid BlackBerry will have to go this one alone. I'm not getting the slider that "runs Google". I do appreciate the last ditch attempt from BlackBerry to be relevant in the smartphone world and don't blame them, but I was in it for the operating system that is now orphaned. The world has spoken and wants a two OS race.

I've never been a conformist and Google's business model is pure data mining, making that a non-starter for me. The other fruit company with their walled garden has an impressive ecosystem and arguably the most polished user experience, the highest quality apps (IOS apps are just so much better than the Android equivalent and it simply oozes quality - perhaps because of Apple's integrity and quality assurance) and a business model that does not rely on stalking individuals but I've been there and its simply not my cup of tea.

So after almost 15 years with BlackBerry I'm sitting in a bit of a conundrum: where to from here. For now I'm keeping my Z10 on life support until I know what to do. I'm all over the net to try and get a cheap Z30 that will last me another few years, but I'm lost after that. I've now accepted the inevitable: BB 10 is no more.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you here, I'm keeping my Z10 on Life support too until I figure out what to do next.

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 likes this.
    10-25-15 02:07 PM
    I'm afraid BlackBerry will have to go this one alone. I'm not getting the slider that "runs Google". I do appreciate the last ditch attempt from BlackBerry to be relevant in the smartphone world and don't blame them, but I was in it for the operating system that is now orphaned. The world has spoken and wants a two OS race.

I've never been a conformist and Google's business model is pure data mining, making that a non-starter for me. The other fruit company with their walled garden has an impressive ecosystem and arguably the most polished user experience, the highest quality apps (IOS apps are just so much better than the Android equivalent and it simply oozes quality - perhaps because of Apple's integrity and quality assurance) and a business model that does not rely on stalking individuals but I've been there and its simply not my cup of tea.

So after almost 15 years with BlackBerry I'm sitting in a bit of a conundrum: where to from here. For now I'm keeping my Z10 on life support until I know what to do. I'm all over the net to try and get a cheap Z30 that will last me another few years, but I'm lost after that. I've now accepted the inevitable: BB 10 is no more.

Posted via CB10
    I'm selling my mint condition Z30. Let me know if you're in the UK and interested.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    10-25-15 03:45 PM
    My wife and I enjoy our Z30's. We are running the latest 10.3.2.2789 O.S. and all is well. No need to upgrade to a Google-supported Android phone. We are not fans of Google. So, no upgrade to the Priv is in the cards.
    LuisCast likes this.
    10-25-15 03:53 PM
    yep lets see how long blackberry supports original models passport forever
    10-25-15 04:09 PM
    No...

Btw... it's no upgrade... but a downgrade

Quot homines, tot sententiae!
    10-25-15 04:09 PM
    Considering what I paid a year ago for my unlocked Passport, I'm definitely holding off on a new phone for at least another year or so. I have no issues with the Priv being an Android device, as I have been using a Nexus 7 tablet for nearly two years now not to mention Android has been available in some form to Blackberry users since they rolled out PlayBook OS 2.0 several years ago.
    10-25-15 05:28 PM
    Same here. I doubt I would buy a Priv, because it costs too much. Android phones are supposed to be cheaper, not more expensive!
    Android phones are suppose to be cheaper? Says who?

The beauty of Android is that you'll find variety. If you're on a budget and don't have a lot to spend, then the Motorola E is right up your alley.

Money isn't an issue and you want a flagship phone? The LG V10 might do the trick. Screen to big on the V10? Then a Sony Z5 compact might be the one for you.

And now we have even more of a variety with the Priv, especially it rocking that physical keyboard.

I say android is like Kia.. You have that inexpensive car (Kia Rio) then you have their luxury sedan (k900) so I guess it all depends on what works for you.
    10-25-15 05:41 PM
    I pre-ordered it. Play with it for a bit. Send it back if I don't like. 30 day money back guarantee
    10-25-15 05:46 PM
    Just saw the sim photos in another thread, this will be the most productive android phone out there bar none and as an all around device, superior to anything on the market.

Only thing android had was the ecosystem, which BlackBerry now has and they've brought over the best and some new BlackBerry features.

Only thing other devices could have over the Priv now, is superior cameras.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    10-25-15 08:17 PM
    Im buying it but not sure if upgrading.. xD cause i really really love my Passport
    10-25-15 08:26 PM
    Not too sure.
    Really needs some hands on reviews. So, used to the Passport and OS10, the hub. I don't need all this apps. I need productivity.
    Not convinced this BLAnroid will do it.
    P.S.: Thanks 'MrScotian' for that name, BLAnroid.
    10-25-15 08:35 PM
    I am just not now ...I will for my birthday in February

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-25-15 08:52 PM
    I am never going to. Will rather be getting the Passport Silver for use as a tablet and another Classic for future use in case Blackberry stops making BB10 phones.
    10-25-15 10:15 PM
    Only if I can put bb10 on it....
    10-25-15 10:24 PM
    Needs BB10, honestly no other platform is as special I cant see myself without bb10

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 10:35 PM
    This is exactly how I feel.....PP on life support as well...

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 10:38 PM
    Since when was Android an "upgrade"?

This thread needs a poll.
    LuisCast and Mozdony like this.
    10-25-15 11:03 PM
    If the Priv was running BB10 I would consider it not a keyboard fan but the specs are cool. I still love my Z10 10.3.2.2639 so I guess no new BB in my future unless I go to the Z30. I understand the business thinking behind it & I hope it is very successful for BlackBerry. I do think it will bring a lot of former BB users back along with some new android fans. Still rocking 24-7 with my Z10 & 64gb Playbook.
    10-25-15 11:06 PM
    totally not buying a mid range spec'd android device for $700
    LuisCast and Mozdony like this.
    10-26-15 04:29 AM
    Sticking with the Passport!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-26-15 06:30 AM
    I will not be upgrading. My Z30 is running great for my needs, and I purchased a "spare" just in case. If I wanted an Android phone I would go to Samsung and / or LG.

I have been screwed over by BB twice now. Once with the Playbook and now with BB10.

Enough is enough.

-J
    LuisCast likes this.
    10-26-15 06:58 AM
    I've got some flip phones. I'll make you a real good deal.
    That comment was unnecessary. A BB10 user expresses a learned opinion, and deserves better than your type of response.
    10-26-15 08:35 AM
    Got a Z30 and it's fantastic for me. Don't see a reason to change to anything else yet and most definitely not an BLAndroid phone.

Posted via CB10
    I definitely agree. I have my Z30 and I am content. I might consider after the further refine the android experience on the blackberry. I truthfully would just love to see the same blackberry gestures, hub, and basic layout, with just with android as the OS. I think this could be a huge hit with everyone. But its just a dream I have I suppose.
    10-26-15 09:27 AM
316 ... 45678 ...