Still very happy with my Passport. Gonna use it for a long while I'm guessing. Hopefully there'll be another bb10 device in the future, if not, I'll prolly go iphone. I don't like android at all.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 01:54 PM
    I am not upgrading to the Priv because i bought a Passport couple months ago and to escape the android/google space.

I need a simple yet powerfull OS and more important, the keyboad. Thats why i was amazed with BB10.

Maybe if they launch a Priv with BB10...

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    10-24-15 01:54 PM
    I will keep my passport as well, I am thinking to get a classic as my one hand device on black Friday. No plan to buy Priv, I have amazon fire phone for $130 with one year prime, installed every apps I want but never use them. I can't find a reason to spend $700 to buy another android. Sometimes it's not about apps, it's all those little things in bb10 that keep me enjoy using the phone a lots. If I want apps I'd rather go for ios, both OS are boring anyway but ios has more high quality apps and updates.
    10-24-15 02:10 PM
    I'm going to wait for a price drop. My passport is still just fine!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 02:30 PM
    [WARN]Please keep your comments on the topic of the device -- not about each other! A number of "off-topic" comments (and where they were quoted) have been deleted.[/WARN]
    10-24-15 02:55 PM
    If this ever comes out in BlackBerry instead of android I would like it someday when its cheaper or i have more money. A full screen plus keyboard would be real nice to have, but otherwise my only unbought phone i want is the Classic.
    10-24-15 04:24 PM
    I've been using a Q10 for about two years and I wouldn't even consider a Priv an upgrade. It's just another Android phablet, but with a superfluous pop-out keyboard. (With such an enormous screen you don't need a PKB)
    extisis and LuisCast like this.
    10-24-15 04:28 PM
    Just fed up of promises of the next big thing from BlackBerry. Every year they peddle a phone that's just too awesome then it's quietly forgotten for their next launch. Had BlackBerry for years but find myself looking at alternatives. Hence why I haven't pre ordered a Priv. Saw the Note 4 again today and asked myself what has the Priv got that's worth so much more? Privacy? Maybe. The hub? What else?
    With the Note 5 coming to the UK there's a lot to think about!

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai and JGoodard like this.
    10-24-15 05:03 PM
    Skipping it for now because the price is too much for what you get.
    10-24-15 05:06 PM
    I know one person that ordered a Priv for sure! Kim Kardashian

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 05:43 PM
    Saw the Note 4 again today and asked myself what has the Priv got that's worth so much more? Privacy? Maybe. The hub? What else?
    Just the physical keyboard really and the hub. Yeah. The privacy stuff you can likely achieve with Android M permissions for the most part.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-24-15 06:03 PM
    Just fed up of promises of the next big thing from BlackBerry. Every year they peddle a phone that's just too awesome then it's quietly forgotten for their next launch. Had BlackBerry for years but find myself looking at alternatives. Hence why I haven't pre ordered a Priv. Saw the Note 4 again today and asked myself what has the Priv got that's worth so much more? Privacy? Maybe. The hub? What else?
    With the Note 5 coming to the UK there's a lot to think about!

Posted via CB10
    You're comparing a one year phone to a phone that's not out yet

I'm not saying the note 4 is a bad phone, it's great. Financialy, it would make more sense to buy a phone that's been out for a while.. I paid nearly 900 bucks for that note 4 when it first came out and now it's way way cheaper which is understandable. If you're not comfortable with the price of the priv then maybe you can wait it out or pick up that note 4 and in another year or two, get the priv
    10-24-15 06:22 PM
    Who's not upgrading to Priv? Everyone on verizon, that's who's not. Arrrrgh.

MDZ
    jas1978 likes this.
    10-24-15 06:39 PM
    I know one person that ordered a Priv for sure! Kim Kardashian

Posted via CB10
    Maybe not if shes in love with her Curve! They are not one little bit alike in any way.
    10-24-15 06:50 PM
    Wow, a lot of people seem to be annoyed about the price but compare it with the other flagships. It's a lot less than the iPhone 6 or the S6. And this now runs Android, so now lack of apps. It's got a PKB, thin, killer specs, I honestly think the pricing is good, there is literally no way a phone with those specs could come out at 500...

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    I disagree. It's specs are very similar to the Moto X Pure, which is around $399.

I also think the Lumia 950XL just destroys the Priv in specs -- better CPU, better camera, etc. -- for $650.

But, regardless, the phone isn't a BlackBerry platform device and Chen has neglected mobile computing for two years.

The biggest obstacle to the continued success of the BlackBerry we love is John Chen. Let's force him to donate BB10 to an open source foundation with around $100 million to cover support and sell off the brand to a company like Qualcomm who can make very, very competitive BB10 devices.

If people want a good Android device, the Priv is too little too late. Devices with the 820 will launch in Jan/Feb. Maybe, two months from now? If you want a good app ecosystem, the iOS devices are clearly better. And, you can't root a Priv or do any of the hobbyist things that cause people to choose Android over iOS.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    10-24-15 07:03 PM
    Here. I love the form factor of my Passport and the flow of bb10.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 07:06 PM
    My Passport and Z30 will keep me going for a while yet. I really don't care for sliders and the Priv is no different. So absolutely not!

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    10-24-15 07:10 PM
    I disagree. It's specs are very similar to the Moto X Pure, which is around $399.

I also think the Lumia 950XL just destroys the Priv in specs -- better CPU, better camera, etc. -- for $650.

But, regardless, the phone isn't a BlackBerry platform device and Chen has neglected mobile computing for two years.

The biggest obstacle to the continued success of the BlackBerry we love is John Chen. Let's force him to donate BB10 to an open source foundation with around $100 million to cover support and sell off the brand to a company like Qualcomm who can make very, very competitive BB10 devices.

If people want a good Android device, the Priv is too little too late. Devices with the 820 will launch in Jan/Feb. Maybe, two months from now? If you want a good app ecosystem, the iOS devices are clearly better. And, you can't root a Priv or do any of the hobbyist things that cause people to choose Android over iOS.

Posted via CB10
    I vote against your idea of wasting $100 million shareholder money. How about you raise the $100 million from BB10 diehards? 10 million people @ $10 and you'll see how many diehards are full of ****.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 07:21 PM
    When or if the price is lower... I'll buy one to complement my Passport, not to replace it.
    10-24-15 07:22 PM
    Can I sideload Snap on the Priv?
    10-24-15 08:25 PM
    There no need to do so. The Google Play store will be supported out of the box.
    10-24-15 08:28 PM
    Definitely staying with my Passport SE. Love the phone and the operating system. Why should I go with an Android OS?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 08:29 PM
    That was hilarious!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 08:29 PM
    ... Sorry, I just love those off topic and, at the same time, really dumb questions that get mixed into threads like these. Wanted to be that guy.

I want the Priv, without a doubt. If it was launching with BB10, I'd already have one pre-ordered. As is though, with the Berry-infused Android OS, I really need to see it in action. I'm waiting for some in depth reviews and demos. The Classic / Passport combo works so good right now... If I go Priv - and it COULD happen - it needs to be perfect. I want to use it as my daily driver but there are many things that it will need to have first before I can make that switch with confidence. Sorry BlackBerry, I'm waiting before jumping with you this time. I'm not sure if this is the Droid I'm looking for. Or if I am looking for any droid at all.

If they can't pull off enough of what makes me love BB10 within Android. I'll be stocking up on BB10 phones and using them for a long long while. I can still use my old Torch that came out 5 years ago; I can keep using my Passport and Classic for at least that long also, if need be.
    10-24-15 08:32 PM
    While the Priv looks like a solid phone in its own right (I really need a physical qwerty), if I am in the market for an Android phone, the new HTC A9 is a steal in comparison. At $400 unlocked, a solid all around design, and assured support from the manufacturer, it's becoming increasingly difficult to justify a higher cost for a smartphone these days.
    Last edited by JGoodard; 10-24-15 at 10:18 PM.
    10-24-15 08:44 PM
316 ... 23456 ...