Does anyone know who makes the screen for the Priv and where it is made?
    01-05-16 07:31 PM
    It's made by Samsung, not sure where but I think the unit gets assembled in Taiwan

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-05-16 07:49 PM
    Thank you.
    01-05-16 08:20 PM
    Most Priv's are assembled in Mexico by FoxCon, given the volume, maybe all of them. Look at your box, it'll tell you where it was assembled.

I did read a couple of places that the screen was made by Samsung, but don't remember where, if the sources even included that tidbit.
    01-05-16 08:35 PM
    Most Priv's are assembled in Mexico by FoxCon, given the volume, maybe all of them. Look at your box, it'll tell you where it was assembled.

I did read a couple of places that the screen was made by Samsung, but don't remember where, if the sources even included that tidbit.
    Everyone assumes it's Samsung as they are the only one that has a curved screen product. I also don't recall an official source

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 08:42 PM
    I am sure that the Priv is being made by Winstron as opposed to Foxconn?

For whatever reason it doesn't seem that the Foxconn agreement is bearing a lot of "fruit"

I believe they manufacture the Classic which is a semi decent seller for a Blackbery in 2014/2015/2016 and they make/made the Z3 which produced decent demand.

Other newer models like Passport, Leap and Priv are made by Winstron. I figured Foxconn would have gotten better pricing but I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 09:08 PM
    I can't swear FoxCon is making them, but most of them are assembled in Mexico. Winstron does not have a facility there, FoxCon does.
    01-06-16 06:20 AM
    I can't swear FoxCon is making them, but most of them are assembled in Mexico. Winstron does not have a facility there, FoxCon does.
    Winstron does have a facility in Mexico, infact it is located in Juarez, Mexico. The Priv is made by Winstron.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-06-16 06:53 AM
    When we say that the Priv is made by Winstron, I take it that means it is assembled by them. So far as the screen is concerned, the general consensus is that it is made by Samsung. Is that right?
    01-06-16 07:15 AM
    I stand corrected, It's pretty new

191,904 Sq. Ft.of manufacturing on 42.3 acres with 400 parking spaces. The Facility is a secured compound with Security Check Pointsand Guard Stations.

So, how do we know who assembles it? We know it's Mexico cuz it's on the box. Some say Mexico 4, some say Mexico 6, no idea what the # means.

We hope the screen is made by Samsung, and that it is one of their top line, because AMOLED's are subject to screen burn, and Samsung makes the ones most resistant to that. Prob why we don't have the option to leave the charge bar indicator on all the time.
    01-06-16 07:30 AM