What do you mean? How will they secure Android?

Posted via my Z10: 10.3.2.2639
    I see that "Android is not as secure" all the time. How is a BB10 consumer device more secure than an Android device in the hands of the same user? Please explain.
    09-28-15 05:50 AM
    I see that "Android is not as secure" all the time. How is a BB10 consumer device more secure than an Android device in the hands of the same user? Please explain.
    It all depends what you do with an Android phone. For a lot of users, things like firewalls, anti malware software and antivirus's are considered a sensible precaution on Android. On BlackBerry 10 these things are not necessary as generally malware is something that the average BlackBerry 10 user will not suffer with. The the QNX microkernel is inherently more secure than the Android Linux kernel. Don't ask me for the technical minutiae. Also, Android apps can be malicious simply because you can't turn off individual app permissions (yet).

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    09-28-15 06:37 AM
    Since BlackBerry will be securing Android, I will be getting the Priv!
    BlackBerry won't be securing Android.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    09-28-15 06:41 AM
    It all depends what you do with an Android phone. For a lot of users, things like firewalls, anti malware software and antivirus's are considered a sensible precaution on Android. On BlackBerry 10 these things are not necessary as generally malware is something that the average BlackBerry 10 user will not suffer with. The the QNX microkernel is inherently more secure than the Android Linux kernel. Don't ask me for the technical minutiae. Also, Android apps can be malicious simply because you can't turn off individual app permissions (yet).

So it's a matter of user than a matter of device. I have a Classic. I don't run android apps so no worries there. I have a rooted Nexus6. I have a root manager, a permissions manager and all traffic is routed via VPN. I don't install apps from sources other than the playstore. I am equally secure on both devices.

There are more malware for the android platform simply because there is more to gain.
    09-28-15 07:55 AM
    So it's a matter of user than a matter of device. I have a Classic. I don't run android apps so no worries there. I have a rooted Nexus6. I have a root manager, a permissions manager and all traffic is routed via VPN. I don't install apps from sources other than the playstore. I am equally secure on both devices.

There are more malware for the android platform simply because there is more to gain.
    It's a matter of user and device. On a BlackBerry 10 device, you can be as reckless as you like with few exceptions in regard to websites visited or downloads made. I've got a shedload of Android apps on my Passport without any problems. You have an Android device an have taken charge of your own privacy and security and you have the knowhow to do it. Pretend for a moment that you're a super busy suit in a high pressure job and you struggle to find the time in your day to even take a pee and you know nothing about securing your mobile device yourself. Or you're just a numbnuts. In those instances, BlackBerry 10 is more secure. It's intrinsically secure because it's built on the same bedrock (QNX) that power stations, production plants, space stations etc are. Not saying it's unhackable, but the cost involved would be highly prohibitive. Your assertion that there's more malware on Android because there's more to gain is possibly true, but the same malware can be installed via apps on bb 10 because we have the runtime. It just doesn't do anything to corrupt our OS because it's sandboxed. Besides which, if I were a hacker (and we know they're not egotistical much lol) being the first to breach BlackBerry security would be a worthy crown.

09-28-15 10:50 AM
    09-28-15 12:23 PM
    My wife's in for an upgrade in december. Thought I'd spoil her with the new BB10 slider. Guess I'll have to stick to the Classic, there's no way we're gonna go the Android way.

Or, since we both have personal and work lines, gonna buy some decent dualsim Windows Phone and that's it.

Extremely disappointed with the lack of the BB10 slider!

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Passport on TMO Romania
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    09-28-15 12:40 PM
    Is that all? Was hoping for more.

Posted via CB10
    That's my minimum for deal breaking!

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2639 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    09-28-15 01:31 PM
    waiting for the reviews!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 06:36 AM
    Did anybody say already: will it have also a QWERTZ pkb?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 11:01 AM
    Did anybody say already: will it have also a QWERTZ pkb?

Posted via CB10
    Considering the Passport got QWERTZ and AZERTY versions, I don't see any different for this.
    10-01-15 11:32 AM
    No.....

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    10-01-15 11:34 AM
    Android ONLY with Root permissions

Posted via Z30
    10-01-15 01:09 PM
    Android ONLY with Root permissions

Posted via Z30
    Permission or not, it will be rootable sooner or later, so it doesn't matter
    10-01-15 02:03 PM
    Every BlackBerry fan should try to get a Priv, even if you're not going to use it due to android. Get one if you can afford it to support BlackBerry in their efforts.

The only reasons I'm getting one are (1) to support BlackBerry (2) to use as a toy, no for real, I'd use it like a toy to play with - for fun.

Posted via CB10
    Suraj Jadhav likes this.
    10-01-15 08:53 PM
    I love BlackBerry more than I dislike android.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 09:27 PM
    I'm also partial to slider hardware. Even though the Passport form factor is the best BlackBerry has designed so far, I also really liked my Torch devices and this new slider design is WAY better than those Torch phones.

I've always liked the vertical slider style. The Priv hardware is another reason I will support it, even though I disagree with android. And who knows, perhaps they will allow for a BlackBerry 10 upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 09:32 PM
    May pick one up one ebay if its Verizon branded.
    10-01-15 11:31 PM
    Changed my mind now that I know it's going to have the hub!

Hub? Yes!
    PKB slider? Yes!
    Great Camera? Yes!
    Big Batt? Yes!
    Apps? Yes!

Why are we waiting? Get it out already!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 10:54 PM
94 ... 234