Sure, for now it's mostly speculation. But the undeniable fact that the back of the Slider strongly resembles the back of a Samsung (the camera and dual flash), paired with the dual curved screen, strongly points to a partnership between the companies (or at least a joint effort).

Now who thinks this is a good idea?

I, for one, think it's an excellent idea. I'm strongly against the pkb, and I've accepted the idea of a slider, but this phone could be great.

The camera appears to be a 16mp camera so clarity should be good. Hopefully samsung helps with the software a bit
    The dual curved screen could be useful if BlackBerry adds a ton of features (I mean a lot. It should be highly customizable and have some unique and useful features.
    Since the phone is probably going to be this year's flagship, it's gotta have 3gb ram, 32gb storage, and all the other good specs that we've come to expect from flagships.

So like I said, I see this as a great partnership. What about you guys?

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-18-15 10:00 PM
    I do. Its pretty weird how most BlackBerry fans are really just fans of bb10 devices and don't really care as much for the security aspect. Well if that's the case why care about an android partner. Samsung is a top tier company and puts out proven phones. Imagine a classic style galaxy device or a samsung built z30 running BB10?

If BlackBerry is going to stay in the game it's a going to have to adapt at this point and I'd rather them be in bed with android than IOS. At least BlackBerry can skin android to work like bb10 and give us all the apps we want.

Or just make bb10 devices with samsung hardware.

Options gentlemen, it's all about options.

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-18-15 10:16 PM
    I'm with you. Don't want a pkb device so the slider is the happy medium. If the device has Note 4 specs, I'm getting one. Even if it's $600USD. The icing on the cake would be a better solution for apps. [cough cough] Android OS [cough cough]

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-18-15 10:21 PM
    I'm with you. Don't want a pkb device so the slider is the happy medium. If the device has Note 4 specs, I'm getting one. Even if it's $600USD. The icing on the cake would be a better solution for apps. [cough cough] Android OS [cough cough]

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Agreed. As long as it's under $700 (I really hope it will be!), then I will buy it. But the specs have to be amazing!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 10:33 PM
    BlackBerry can skin Android to work like BB10 and give us all the apps we want.
    They can and they likely will, under the SecuSuite brand.
    03-18-15 10:37 PM
    BlackBerry's industrial design is so much better than Samsung's. I really hope we aren't going to be seeing BlackBerry adopt too much of Samsung's blah design language.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    03-18-15 11:42 PM
    Is there anything interesting, original, or cool going on there? Not really in my opinion. Generic, knock-off design.
    Yeah, the double edge screen is pretty unique. Why does a new device always have a groundbreaking design? The Passport is pretty unique but it hasn't taken the world by storm.
    03-19-15 08:18 AM
    I have. Is there anything interesting, original, or cool going on there? Not really in my opinion. Generic, knock-off design.

Posted via CB10
    Actually it's not, the Galaxy S6 is probably one of the best Galaxy designs I've ever seen. It looks good. And I am not a Galaxy fan at all, due to how plain old looking the entire Galaxy line looks like.
    Yeah, the double edge screen is pretty unique. Why does a new device always have a groundbreaking design? The Passport is pretty unique but it hasn't taken the world by storm.
    Is this BlackBerry's fault or the actual design? The Passport is quite innovative, nothing like it out to date. But I wasn't satisfied with the companies Marketing efforts. Oh wait, what Marketing? Haven't seen any expect for some net advertisements. It's not an everybody device, its catering to a select few, not even die hard BOLD fans will get one IMO. (Classic? Perhaps or they simply moved on)

If for some reason the Passport sales are slower than expected, I would put the entire blame on the companies Marketing Department, unless of course there hands are tied. We'll see soon enough.
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-19-15 08:36 AM
    Sure, for now it's mostly speculation. But the undeniable fact that the back of the Slider strongly resembles the back of a Samsung (the camera and dual flash), paired with the dual curved screen, strongly points to a partnership between the companies (or at least a joint effort).

Now who thinks this is a good idea?

I, for one, think it's an excellent idea. I'm strongly against the pkb, and I've accepted the idea of a slider, but this phone could be great
    I'm excited about the Slider and, like you, think that the partnership is a good thing. It is the BB10 experience that I enjoy using. If BlackBerry puts BB10 on Samsung hardware (or any other great hardware), I have NO problem with that.
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-19-15 08:52 AM
    dont really care if other people/samsungites get some of the features that make my blackberry great....so long as they keep making the passport and improving bb10. that way I can continue to have the best phone on the market.... and iphonies can continue to toil in the dark ages!

Posted via CBX
    03-19-15 08:59 AM
    A little might be in order right about now.
    Uzi likes this.
    03-19-15 10:20 AM
    Upon further review....

[WARN]1. Keep it on-topic.
    2. Stop the bickering and insults.
    3. Keep it on topic.
    [/WARN]
    pttptppt likes this.
    03-19-15 10:29 AM
    Wow. What some people read into things that aren't there. I still say who cares if it keeps bb relevant.
    03-19-15 10:33 AM
    Too early to tell.
    03-19-15 03:23 PM
    I'm not talking about innovative design quirks. I'm talking about design language that spans years and models. (that said, I still don't see how the new edge is doing anything useful).

Samsung has a generic, milquetoast design language. The S6 is nice, but pretty derivative or the recent iPhone. But take a look at all the galaxy phones and tablets and televisions. Samsung is pretty blah compared to folks like Sony, Microsoft, Nokia, Apple, or BlackBerry. (I do have to commend Samsung for pushing tech like they do with USB 3 on the phone, or 3d nand in the new 850 ssds).

BlackBerry, on the other hand, has had a unique deign language for years. No one makes a phone that looks remotely like a BlackBerry. Even the Z10 and 730 had fresh takes on the full touchscreen form factor that was immediately recognizable as a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 08:58 AM
    I'm not talking about innovative design quirks. I'm talking about design language that spans years and models. (that said, I still don't see how the new edge is doing anything useful).

Samsung has a generic, milquetoast design language. The S6 is nice, but pretty derivative or the recent iPhone. But take a look at all the galaxy phones and tablets and televisions. Samsung is pretty blah compared to folks like Sony, Microsoft, Nokia, Apple, or BlackBerry. (I do have to commend Samsung for pushing tech like they do with USB 3 on the phone, or 3d nand in the new 850 ssds).

BlackBerry, on the other hand, has had a unique deign language for years. No one makes a phone that looks remotely like a BlackBerry. Even the Z10 and 730 had fresh takes on the full touchscreen form factor that was immediately recognizable as a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry "going android" wouldn't mean the phone would have to look like a galaxy S. Blackberry could make the phone look like a blackberry. Additionally if samsung purchased BlackBerry I'm sure they too would want to differentiate their phone from their consumer line.

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-20-15 09:16 AM
    Blackberry "going android" wouldn't mean the phone would have to look like a galaxy S. Blackberry could make the phone look like a blackberry. Additionally if samsung purchased BlackBerry I'm sure they too would want to differentiate their phone from their consumer line.

Posted via CB10
    I was originally only commenting on the idea of BlackBerry taking design cues from Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 12:37 PM
    Samsung production (Like S6 and Edge) but perfected by BlackBerry and blackberry OS. No way for a question if anybody will buy or not...for sure it would sell a looot

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-20-15 03:55 PM
    Blackberry has some really good hardware designers so if a partnership with Samsung gives them access to better hardware to design a phone around I say excellent.
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-20-15 07:22 PM
    Blackberry has some really good hardware designers so if a partnership with Samsung gives them access to better hardware to design a phone around I say excellent.
    I was thinking: perhaps better manufacturing quality control through Samsung?

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-20-15 10:37 PM